Welcome To aBlackWeb

Orlando Jones Says He Was Fired From ‘American Gods’ Because His Character Sent ‘The Wrong Message For Black America’

What's convoluted about the show? Ancient Gods are about to go to war with New Gods. Old gods rep nature and what man worshipped at the beginning whereas the new gods are created by what man has come to worship now.

With that being said, this is some whole ho shit. Orlando Jones killed that fucking role. Yes, anyone reading this should watch the show. No, it isn't a waste of time. The show as a whole is dope, but unless the counterpoint to this is Jones somehow came in the spot throwing bitchfits about his water not having enough ice, fucking old boy's wife, or pulling a pistol out then this is undermining the quality of the damn show. He and his character are integral parts of the show, so you can't exactly phase out a whole subplot of African gods creeping on a come up.

Starz stays delivering dope content and fucking it up. Word to Magic City.

I miss Magic City.

Show ended much too soon.

I dont know the full story and this is off topic but regarding Starz, they got dropped from their service provider and if by next June they dont get picked up the entire network will go under throwing many shows into jeopardy. That's partly why 50 Cent is fighting execs right now. Power was to get another season and a prequel. Now that's in the air. I dont even understand why Starz isn't winning. It's a great network imo.

Netflix makes it incredibly difficult to compete now. Starz should just seek financial banking to turn itself into it's own version of Netflix and go from there.
Netflix don't got shit to do with anything. There are more cable subs than Netflix subs.

Lol. I already knew the shit was garbage but this crash and burn finna be fun to watch.

:popcorn2:

yeah, they lost me as a viewer now

i mean, i bootlegged the shit anyway, but would always tweet the show and the network

I thought it got cancelled for some reason

I fell off near the end of season 2

They are dumb if they fired Mr. Nancy

So niggas crying about a dark skin character being light?

But told white ppl get over the little mermaid being played by a black chick.

Blacks and whites really mad about fictional characters lmao.

jordanheadline.jpg

Prepare yourself

werent you in that thread about that Egypt movie that had white people depicting egyptians?

or is your outrage only centered around people that actually existed?

Funny thing to me is that I seriously doubt that the casting agents put very little thought into casting her for that role other than she auditioned and did better than others. Yet, those on the outside looking in are certain it's "blatant."

werent you in that thread about that Egypt movie that had white people depicting egyptians?

or is your outrage only centered around people that actually existed?

Egyptian are real people

But i get your point and still stand by what I said

I said I understand but still stand by what I said about FAKE CHARACTERS
well, if Channing Tatum played T'Challa, would you still feel the same way?

or, a more fitting example, Terrance J or Terrance Howard?

Back