Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

Just to be clear...when it's been said weinstein didnt get as much attention as kellz did...what are we basing that on? Cuz the NYT/WaPo/LATimes etc and all them publications have articles about Weinstein damn near weekly.

If black twitter is yall measure for attention then I see why one would believe kellz got more promo

I answered this. R Kelly was the 5th most searched person of 2019, and Surviving R Kelly was the 9th most searched TV show.

Here's a comparison of who was searched more by state over the past 12 months.

So naw...not black Twitter.

I answered this. R Kelly was the 5th most searched person of 2019, and Surviving R Kelly was the 9th most searched TV show.

Here's a comparison of who was searched more by state over the past 12 months.

So naw...not black Twitter.
So kellz got more attention because more ppl searched him, not because of a lack of media content on weinstein...

So kellz got more attention because more ppl searched him, not because of a lack of media content on weinstein...

You said people are saying Kelly got more attention than Weinstein and asked what that's based on. I gave you Google analytics. The Google searches reflect what the media is talking about. That's why all these stories have been out there for decades, people already knew about them, but the search numbers were significantly lower. Then these subjects start dominating the news, and at the same time these searches go up.

You mean more people searched the name of an artist who sold millions of records, countless tours, and decades of being in the public eye vs a movie studio exec they had no real clue existed? I'm shocked...shocked

Ok. You mean there wasn't more coverage on an artist who sold millions of records, had countless tours, and decades of being in the public eye than a movie studio exec that most people had no clue existed?

Don't act simple. Read the whole thing. He's the 5th most googled person last year (#1 musician). He didn't have a tour or put an album out in that time. He didn't get that high because people were looking up tour info.

Last edited:
Ok. You mean there wasn't more coverage on an artist who sold millions of records, had countless tours, and decades of being in the public eye than a movie studio exec that most people had no clue existed?

Don't act simple. Read the whole thing. He's the 5th most googled person last year (#1 musician). He didn't have a tour or put an album out in that time. He didn't get that high because people were looking up tour info.

And you don't act simple and act as if you don't know why R. Kelly would be more well known and be searched more than somebody the vast majority of the public never heard of and couldn't identify before their name was put out there. He's clearly the more well known of the two people and this isn't his 1st go round with these accusations so it's no shock more people would search his name vs Weinstein as you have people from essentially 2 generations now googling old and new news about him.

And you don't act simple and act as if you don't know why R. Kelly would be more well known and be searched more than somebody the vast majority of the public never heard of and couldn't identify before their name was put out there. He's clearly the more well known of the two people and this isn't his 1st go round with these accusations so it's no shock more people would search his name vs Weinstein as you have people from essentially 2 generations now googling old and new news about him.

Read the whole thing instead of nitpicking part of it. Question was what's our reasoning for thinking R Kelly got more attention. I posted R Kelly being the 5th most searched person, and the documentary being the 9th most searched show, then showed state by state how him and Weinstein were searched.

If yall want to say the searches are going to come out that way just because R Kelly is a much bigger name - ok, go for it. But then don't in the next breath deny that the media reported more on the much bigger name, and say Weinstein got just as much coverage, and attention. That doesn't make sense.

Back