Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Not trying to be a pessimist, but I'm expecting January at least. The Andrew Lopez report was false about December 5 and even if he is expected back in December I'm thinking Griffin will be cautious to make sure he is 120% percent
Should’ve clarified super late December
Early january would be good too

I have a feeling u guys beat us tonight. Your squad should be highly motivated and we have been close to losing for a few games now.

I have a feeling u guys beat us tonight. Your squad should be highly motivated and we have been close to losing for a few games now.
ehhh...im hopeful but realistic as well

i think the energy will be crazy, but the pels just dont have enough to overcome both AD and Lebron.

everything will have to go right for them to have a chance

aight so it's been a while and we are roughly 25 games into the season

Crazy as it is, statistically, they are only a few games back of the 8th seed today. I dont say that to say they have a chance, but just to put things into perspective, a few earlier losses in the season could've been wins and they are probably still right on the outside of 8th instead of one game from the very bottom

I cant recall what game it was, but the pelicans need someone outside of Jrue and BI who are gonna drive to the rim. I think NAW IS that player, but for some reason, he seems to have just reverted to taking 3s.

His last couple of games his drives have increased, but NAW needs double digit drive attempts to have any sort of impact. It would be one thing if he wasnt routinely beating his man off the dribble but that's not the case.

I think it was OKC game, but the pels attempted 22 FGA in the 3rd quarter. 17, yes, 17 were 3pt attempts. That just cant happen. Like never.

I'm still very excited at Jax's ascent. There are just gonna be some huge holes in his game physically until he can bulk up, but he definitely appears to have the right tools.

I would LOVE to see JJ in year two of his deal, but that's probably not gonna happen. It is a breath of fresh air to see someone on this team finally hit 3's a nice clip and be a threat on the perimeter.

Love BI and he has truly made me a believer

I want to love Lonzo, but he gotta get over whatever it is mentally he going through and start driving the ball to the damn hole. It looks like his shot from the outside is gonna be that corner 3. I dont have any data to support this other than the eye test, but it looks like he is hitting those at a decent clip. Lonzo has to start driving like his life depends on it

Lol I think he's losing patience
lol

and this is what is separating me from him and Thor

only a casual or someone really not up on Bball like that expected the pelicans to be making the playoffs despite NEVER seeing this roster play together.

a dude i follow on twitter said it best the other night after the embarrassing loss to Dallas...he said "rebuilds are ugly"

if anyone is losing patience or getting frustrated, thats on them

lol

only a casual or someone really not up on Bball like that expected the pelicans to be making the playoffs despite NEVER seeing this roster play together.

a dude i follow on twitter said it best the other night after the embarrassing loss to Dallas...he said "rebuilds are ugly"

Dont call me a casual

lol

Now I gotta speak on this because I'm FAAAAAR from a casual and that's based on financial spendings on this team, time, commitment, conversating with writers with them, shit meeting some of them etc. And trust me I can be impatient sometimes but I'm far from them 14 year old white boys on Twitter and tigerdroppings.

My issue is this bruh. I been a real fan of this team since the Chris Paul trade, meaning I followed everything (media workouts, press conferences,etc) and the main gripe seemingly every season has been injury luck, coaching, and personalities that don't mesh well.

That's a mix of bball knowledge (coaching) can be applied to concepts that lack the the correct personal. Gentry system (7 second or less but faster) in theory should make sense for Ball, but Lonzo confidence issues to drive creates issues of forcing a" live by the three " which is a portion of Gentry game plan. Of course this in return creates more scoring opportunities for opposing teams when the 3 ball is not falling (last couple games this is why when been getting our ass whipped) and combin that with incorrect personal for Bzdelick defensive scheme as well as character traits of too many nice quiet guys who don't communicate or hold each other accountable and now you have legit the worst defense in the league. And I haven't even started about the curse of injuries.

My thing is this bruh, no matter how patient this rebuild is, is clear as day we have to have the right personal for Coaches schemes (not likely because Gentry is gonna be fired) or have a new scheme that caters to the players we have. The problem is we haven't shown the ability to this in YEARS, and whenever when think we do we have a MOTHER FUCKING INJURY. It's infuriating watching a game where players are either always fucked up, don't know what to do, or don't communicate or show a want to try to get it right. It's mix off all of these things not a single thing.

i shouldnt have used casual as i see how that might be offensive, but i think ya'lls expectations were higher than they should've been

i saw something the other day that during the old regime

AD, Tyreke, Jrue, Gordon and Anderson (iirc) only played like 200 min with each other the entire time all of them were on the roster

that puts shit into perspective that on paper, things can look great, but they still have to actually play together and develop chemistry

i shouldnt have used casual as i see how that might be offensive, but i think ya'lls expectations were higher than they should've been

AD, Tyreke, Jrue, Gordon and Anderson (iirc) only played like 200 min with each other the entire time all of them were on the roster

that puts shit into perspective that on paper, things can look great, but they still have to actually play together and develop chemistry

Naw.

I just hate the effort. Shit is worse than being a terrible team

I agree with Thor. I worry about a culture with a new team of youngings. We can loose, but it's important vets show more and don't contribute to shitty communication, no effort, and just playing bad iq bball. My expectations was for this year to develop culuture. Honestly that was the biggest priority. That's something we been searching for since the Crescent City connection days.

This is also on coaching and dealing with players who struggle with confidence issues. Someone on a podcast made a great point about hiring a basketball therapist to help players who grief (favors) and others going through shit (lonzo, Ingram)

Naw.

I just hate the effort. Shit is worse than being a terrible team
as a pro player, im in the camp that it starts with the player. BI or someone along his age will have to be that guy to speak up. Im glad JJ said something but it needs to come from BI or Zion imo.

Gentry and staff cant make them care if they dont care.

Somebody should be in Lonzo shit but he looks indifferent when he fuck up. Jrue always got that "i'ma get the next play " look in his eyes, but he cant make Lonzo have that

Back