Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Big Pun

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Busta Rhymes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Ghostface Killah

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Nah I aint choosing Big L, even though hes got a short catalog so has BIG and other greats... Hes got two classic albums with Lifestylez and The Big Picture... Plus two other posthumous albums that are dope with '139 & Lennox' and 'Return of The Devils Son'... Also the Children Of The Corn project was dope too which has been remastered...

Hes got tons of features with Showbiz & AG, OC, Lord Finesse, Diamond D, Shyheim and cyphers with street DJ's etc

I get Big L doenst have the same commercial appeal as Busta, Meth, Ghost and Pun but thats not the question... If L had actually signed with The ROC who knows but going off his material thats available, most of the time I would sooner listen to that then Busta's...

Still I obviously like Busta alot but I would just sooner listen to Big L, even though Busta has got tons of great tunes and commercial hits that the genre would lose... Its down personal taste but I prefer L's style and music...

There probably isn't a bigger MF whose career is overrated in death as Big L... :hahaha:

He was just as rated before he was killed, its not like he became popular because he died...

His is voice is iconic, flow was ridiculous and butter smooth, had punchlines for days but can actually make songs unlike some battle rappers and punchline rappers...

Theres a reason is he was part of DITC and was gonna sign with Rocafella... He pretty much bodied everyone he did a track with...

He was just as rated before he was killed,

No the fuk he wasn’t. He was the epitome of a local nigga til his death

And speaking of which....

its not like he became popular because he died...

Are you fukn kidding me. Lol

None of his shit got played or albums talked about til he died. If it wasn't for internet niggas, he'd barely be brought up.

Remember y'all tried to do the same with Stack Bundles, then y'all came to y'all senses. And he's been an after thought for the last 6-7 years.

Bro just shut up . You are the most negative poster in this forum and you hating on everything. Bro Big L underrated if anything

I'm doing some upgrades at the crib and got a oven for sale.

It's in great working conditions and very spacious.

Hit me up if you interested.

:foh5:.....yeah it's like Busta, Big, Pac, Big L

:lol10:

He was touring fckn Japan and Europe, you think local cats had multiple tours Asia and Europe in the 90s, pre internet???

Not only that ROC was signing him, the ROC were the biggest lable on the verge of a taking over... Plus he was part of two supergroups...

You think Stack Bundles had enough star power to tour Asia and Europe by himself??? No...

Last edited:
He was touring fckn Japan and Europe, you think local cats had multiple tours Asia and Europe in the 90s, pre internet???

Not only that ROC was signing him, the ROC were the biggest lable on the verge of a taking over... Plus he was part of two supergroups...

You think Stack Bundles had enough to star power to tour Asia and Europe by himself??? No...

Know why that shit was rare.

Cuz nobody knew or cared about a Big L in 1995. Even 5 years after that album dropped shit was a flop.

But you are right, I can't even call him local. NYC didn't even support him til he died.

Know why that shit was rare.

Cuz nobody knew or cared about a Big L in 1995. Even 5 years after that album dropped shit was a flop.

But you are right, I can't even call him local. NYC didn't even support him til he died.

OK, I now know this a troll... NYC didnt fck with him so he had to pack his bags and move to Japan... I guess ROC he could run 'Rocafella Japan'...

Never mind his debut getting 4 mics in '94...

You think Stack Bundles had enough star power to tour Asia and Europe by himself??? No...

After watching a variety of interviews with rappers from the 90s talking about their come up, touring overseas wasn't quite as rare as we might think. I used to think dudes only did that when they were big too, but it seems like lots of acts that barely had names toured overseas especially if they were able to link up with more established artists during shows.

OK, I now know this a troll... NYC didnt fck with him so he had to pack his bags and move to Japan... I guess ROC he could run 'Rocafella Japan'...

Never mind his debut getting 4 mics in '94...

LMAO. Where I say that.

I was talking bout his 1st album still only being at 200k. When just about any rapper with a mild hit was going at least gold. But Big L, who according you, was this well known guy.

:lol10: ....no troll job. It just look like that when all your nonsense gets shutdown.

I mean just think about it, your whole narrative and stance aligns with supergangsta...... "riight"

After watching a variety of interviews with rappers from the 90s talking about their come up, touring overseas wasn't quite as rare as we might think. I used to think dudes only did that when they were big too, but it seems like lots of acts that barely had names toured overseas especially if they were able to link up with more established artists during shows.

Established artists with actual albums may have not local cats with a few mixtapes or 12" singles...

I cant think of any artists that were touring Asia and Europe in the 90s that werent very well established... It would be impossible to network without social media, you need major label backing or contacts to hook up with international promoters and stations...

The biggest indie labels like No Limit, Rap-A-Lot and Bay Area cats like E40 were only going state to state in the 90s... Sh!t I dont think Death Row even toured outside America in the 90s...

I know Bad Boy toured London in '97 and Jay went on Tim Westwood's show but thats because Tim was tapped in the Ameican machine...

LMAO. Where I say that.

I was talking bout his 1st album still only being at 200k. When just about any rapper with a mild hit was going at least gold. But Big L, who according you, was this well known guy.

:lol10: ....no troll job. It just look like that when all your nonsense gets shutdown.

I mean just think about it, your whole narrative and stance aligns with supergangsta...... "riight"

My arguemnt was shutdown??? You mean, the one with you saying no one fckd with Big L and he was local, akin to Stack Bundles despite touring Asia and Europe in 1995 and 1997...

Ok GIFs | Tenor

You can base it how you want it, I rank my rappers from\ about raw talent, flow, lyrics. None of this rappers could touch Big L on this 1.

Rappers like e-40, too short, styles p got 10+ albums but no way I would rank them above BIG L
This anti bay bias gets to be a bit tiring. Just don't even speak on the shit.

My arguemnt was shutdown??? You mean, the one with you saying no one fckd with Big L and he was local, akin to Stack Bundles despite touring Asia and Europe in 1995 and 1997...

Ok GIFs | Tenor

Yeah, cuz your delusional ass really trying to convince folks he was some established opening act, when he was probably just opening for somebody else.

:hahaha:

Established artists with actual albums may have not local cats with a few mixtapes or 12" singles...

I cant think of any artists that were touring Asia and Europe in the 90s that werent very well established... It would be impossible to network without social media, you need major label backing or contacts to hook up with international promoters and stations...

The biggest indie labels like No Limit, Rap-A-Lot and Bay Area cats like E40 were only going state to state in the 90s... Sh!t I dont think Death Row even toured outside America in the 90s...

I know Bad Boy toured London in '97 and Jay went on Tim Westwood's show but thats because Tim was tapped in the Ameican machine...

It depends on the group. For example, I was listening to an interview with Killa Sin, and he was talking about how Killarmy was touring overseas like 2 years before they even dropped an album opening up for the Wu. I don't know the details behind Big L's tours. If he was heading the tours, then I'd agree with you, but if his tour was alongside a more established artist, then he didn't necessarily need an album out to take part.

It depends on the group. For example, I was listening to an interview with Killa Sin, and he was talking about how Killarmy was touring overseas like 2 years before they even dropped an album opening up for the Wu. I don't know the details behind Big L's tours. If he was heading the tours, then I'd agree with you, but if his tour was alongside a more established artist, then he didn't necessarily need an album out to take part.

Yeah major groups like Wu bring their entourage and opening acts... The Wu are huge they and loads of affiliates so they would had bought tons of artists with them... Shyhiem, Cappadonna, Killa Bees, Killa Sin, Killarmy, Gravediggaz, Hell Razah, Popa Wu, Shabbaz, LA, Buddah Monk, Northstar etc all of them would had been on major tours with them...

I believe the '97 tour was Big L, him OC and AG... Could had coincided with OC album roll out as that dropped in '97...

The '95 Asia/Europe tour Im not sure, think that was a his album promo tour as he was doing all the interviews and radio cyphers...

This was apparently in during the '95 tour...

Back