Official Wrestling News Thread

While Lee Fitting is responsible for the WWE main roster’s production and presentation on television, Fitting does not carry that role over to WWE’s developmental brand, NXT, despite Kevin Dunn previously filling this role during his tenure in the company.

Fightful Select’s Corey Brennan now reports that the man that has filled that gap since Dunn left WWE is Vice President of Line Producing, Brian Fadem. WWE production sources tell Brennan that Fadem would previously fill in for Kevin Dunn if Dunn were absent from a WWE event, and took over the lead producer role in NXT upon Dunn’s exit.

Production sources also tell Fightful that Fadem ‘hit the ground running’ in his new role, with one source noting that “it was like he picked up someone else's tools, cleaned them off and used them like they were new again.”

From a talent perspective, those that we spoke to noted that Fadem is much more open to suggestions from talent on camera shots and other factors of production, with the ruling opinion that Dunn was restricting the creativity of NXT’s production being prevalent within the brand.

However, according to production sources, while Fadem is established, there are other names within NXT who are learning the lead producer role. During the April 30th edition of NXT, Fadem did not lead produce the show, as another name was learning how to play the role of lead producer in NXT.

• Goat
Reactions: TonyDubbz
I fuck with Nikki Cross. If I'm not mistaken she was supposed to be the original Sister Abigail so I'm glad they are still locked in. Lumis being part of if is fitting too.

Just glad Alexa Bliss wack shit not involved.

Alexa wasn’t made to work with bray

Loved Cross since she was in the old NXT

And her NXT theme was 🔥

Last edited:
Alexa wasn’t made to work with bray

Loved Cross since she was in the old NXT

And her NXT theme was 🔥

I could cry right now thinking of when they removed this theme from her. I'd be hype as fuck when she would come out in NXT Black and Gold.

Would be nice for them to give Nikki Cross something to do, otherwise she would be on the next batch of releases.

Not sure if this Wyatt Six thing or whatever it is going to be called will make an impact though. It has failure written all over it unless they put someone in there people care about...

At the WWE post show press conference, Triple H answered a question regarding Drew Gulak, noting that he was not released by the company.

Fightful Select’s Sean Ross Sapp and Corey Brennan have confirmed with multiple WWE and NXT sources that Gulak is actually still with the company but was informed would not be re-signing him once his deal expires next month. Gulak was informed recently.

In regards to the recent claims of sexual misconduct made by Ronda Rousey, Brennan is told that this initiated an investigation by WWE into the incident and Gulak as a whole. From those we spoke to in NXT, the belief is that Gulak’s public response to Rousey’s claim only made things worse for the former Cruiserweight Champion, but was not the determining factor in the decision to not bring him back.

In asking around with talent in NXT, several talent made claims to Brennan that Gulak was a ‘bully’ who would often target injuries during matches with talent that were recovering from minor injuries at the time. One talent claimed that during a match with Gulak, the former No Quarter Catch Crew member purposefully re-dislocated a previously dislocated finger, while another claimed that Gulak would intimidate talent into not reporting the incidents.

Fightful also learned of an incident during an NXT taping last year where Gulak was verbally reprimanded by Shawn Michaels and NXT coaches for intentionally spiking an opponent during a match.

One NXT talent who worked with Gulak noted that he was “odd” in the sense that he would often ‘test’ talent to see if they would react to his bullying.

In regards to the Triple H comments, we'll provide as much transparency as possible. It was reiterated to us by WWE and Triple H that the comments weren't intended to be directed at Fightful or PWInsider. Whether anyone chooses to believe that is up to them, but Fightful received numerous apologies. We were told Triple H's particular issue was that Ronda Rouseys accusations of Gulak grabbing her sweatpants string were not the contributing factor to Gulak's departure. We will discuss the situation more on this week's shows. We're told PWInsider received apologies as well -- whether or not those apologies to the outlets are in good faith are to be determined.

While Gulak is actually still under WWE contract, and was informed that his WWE deal would not be renewed, despite him wishing to remain with the company.

- Fightful
Attitude Era/Ruthless Era would’ve seen this boy to the hospital

Would be nice for them to give Nikki Cross something to do, otherwise she would be on the next batch of releases.

Not sure if this Wyatt Six thing or whatever it is going to be called will make an impact though. It has failure written all over it unless they put someone in there people care about...
From what I’m getting from the IWC, most don’t seem to care to see this group. I don’t either but it’s all under new minds and management so I at least want to give it a few weeks after they debut. So many factions though..

From what I’m getting from the IWC, most don’t seem to care to see this group. I don’t either but it’s all under new minds and management so I at least want to give it a few weeks after they debut. So many factions though..

With this regime, I’ll give new things a chance

The old regime?? Smh how many times they fucked up a faction that didn’t even get a great start

See: retribution