Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

tony-khan.gif

The 1/23 Raw XXX edition of Monday Night Raw brought in 2,344,000 overnight viewers on the USA Network. That was way up from last week's episode, which did 1,489,000 overnight viewers. It was also the first time in months that WWE hasn't had to go up against the NFL. It was their highest number since 2/17/20.

• Bray Wyatt commented on his passing-the-torch moment with The Undertaker from Raw’s 30th anniversary show: “This moment justified a lifetime of sacrifices for me. A lifetime of people treating my uniqueness like it was a disease. Through all the bad times I never changed myself to fit anyone’s narrative. I’m proud of that. Thank you Taker. #SuckItLAKnight”
  • The Undertaker tweeted about the moment with Wyatt: “Moments define this industry. This one was special!”

• Mick Foley noted on Facebook that he politely declined to appear on last night’s Raw due to the hectic nature of his schedule:
    • I was definitely asked by WWE, and politely declined due to the hectic nature of my schedule. If I had not taken the past couple days off - and instead traveled to Philadelphia for the show - I would be on the road for 32 consecutive days. I have been working on a new project - which has been great fun, but also requires a lot of travel - and I just really needed a couple days off to relax and see my wife and children.

• Charlotte Flair was a guest on NBC’s “Today” showthis morning. During the interview, Charlotte was asked about seeing Ric Flair and Andrade El Idolo team together in Ric’s last match:
    • Honestly, I was a little jealous. Because I was like, oh, I want to be a part of this. I’ve shared the ring with my dad but not in that capacity. But then again, my husband having the opportunity to be beside him and at the same time, I’m like, man, I wish my little brother could see this. And then my husband is a third-generational wrestler and then with my dad – it was awesome. Picture perfect, but I mean, I think my dad could have maybe just managed my husband. But it worked out.

Back