Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I liked Woman cause her name really personified women lol.

I’d rather go hunting with tory lanes while dick cheney is out that morning than watch RAW

Them bowel movement thoughts should stay in the bathroom lol

Sherri had more of an impact as a valet than Woman ever was. Woman got the game from Sherri on how to get involved in matches, the dark look presentation, etc.

Woman was a cheap imitation Sherri Martel in the wrestling world
And yet…

nothing you said changes anything I said.

your response is a segue into a different discussion.

I get it but that ain’t the current conversation I am attempting to have.

Them bowel movement thoughts should stay in the bathroom lol

Sherri had more of an impact as a valet than Woman ever was. Woman got the game from Sherri on how to get involved in matches, the dark look presentation, etc.

Woman was a cheap imitation Sherri Martel in the wrestling world

What are you talking about…

What are you talking about…
As stated in a previous post, Sherri was one of the 1st valets to get involved physically in matches in the 80s. Plus Sherri was bad ass enough to be able to have matches with the guys of needed

All Woman did was stomp a dude once or twice with her heels on. She wasn't one to get in actual matches with women nevertheless men

As stated in a previous post, Sherri was one of the 1st valets to get involved physically in matches in the 80s. Plus Sherri was bad ass enough to be able to have matches with the guys of needed

All Woman did was stomp a dude once or twice with her heels on. She wasn't one to get in actual matches with women nevertheless men
What do you see more of?

Sneaky silent killer valets or loud and boisterous valets that constantly get caught?

Face it.
Sherri was a pinnacle player and damn near impossible to replicate.

woman was a blueprint that can be learned andapplied by valets.

Think academically

Chris Benoit > Dynamite Kid
I think Dynamite could've done a Benoit style of wrestling but not the other way around. Benoit got Dynamite beat off of longevity and intensity alone.

I'm pretty sure both had CTE especially if Dynamite had lived long enough for CTE studies to start

What do you see more of?

Sneaky silent killer valets or loud and boisterous valets that constantly get caught?

Face it.
Sherri was a pinnacle player and damn near impossible to replicate.

woman was a blueprint that can be learned andapplied by valets.

Think academically
I don't see valets anymore in mainstream wrestling. It's a lost art

I would think valets like Sunny, Sable, etc would get more game from watching Sherri and Liz tapes rather than Woman

I don't see valets anymore in mainstream wrestling. It's a lost art

I would think valets like Sunny, Sable, etc would get more game from watching Sherri and Liz tapes rather than Woman

Woman did great work Kevin Sullivan with that Satanist gimmick in the early 80s & she brought a lot to ECW as valet for various guys.. Also she had great short run as Flair’s main valet in the late 80s…

Woman did great work Kevin Sullivan with that Satanist gimmick in the early 80s & she brought a lot to ECW as valet for various guys.. Also she had great short run as Flair’s main valet in the late 80s…
I forgot about her stint in ECW. I'm guessing she managed Sandman/Dreamer/Cactus Jack

Dude Sable was totally a rework of Woman.

mage barely spoke barely smiled.

sunny was in her own lane.

silent sexy killers are what you see more commonly than anything else.

Imma be honest...I don't even remember Woman or her contributions.

Elizabeth and mos definitely Sherry stood out the most to me.

Don't want to diminish what Women did. But Liz was a crucial compontent to Mania 5, 7, and 8 main events and was apart of the finish at Summerslam 89 too. Just a different level is all.

Sherri did take man-sized bumps as a valet though, no denying that she led the way in that regard.

Don't want to diminish what Women did. But Liz was a crucial compontent to Mania 5, 7, and 8 main events and was apart of the finish at Summerslam 89 too. Just a different level is all.

Sherri did take man-sized bumps as a valet though, no denying that she led the way in that regard.
I used to have that WM7 tape back in the day. Rented it and never took it back lol

Crazy thing is that WM7 Main Event was really Hogan and Slaughter but the Warrior/Savage match was the match of the night in my opinion

As previously noted, there are reportedly plans for WWE RAW to return to a TV-14 format although an exact start date is not confirmed yet.
According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, a source in the company said that the TV-14 rating looks to be a USA decision and not a WWE decision. The initial report from Andrew Zarian was said to have been from a USA internal memo.
During Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer talked about the report…

“I would think that if they do it to Raw, they’ll do it to NXT. I think it’d be across the board. I don’t think it should be one show. Why do one show? SmackDown would be up to Fox. At the end of the day, this is a USA call, not a WWE call. Again, if Fox wants it, yeah. In both cases, it’s up to Fox and it’s up to USA. They’re the ones making the call. In fact, on this one, I was basically told, ‘It’s USA’s call.’

So, it’s not like Vince [McMahon] said this. I mean, obviously, Vince has to green light it. But, it’s USA, for whatever reason. If they want it that way and they think it’ll hurt sponsorship, maybe they won’t want it that way. I don’t know. I could see WWE going like, ‘Oh, God, on TNT, they’re allowed to say sh*t, and we say it and it’s bleeped out. Let’s change that. It’s such a minor thing, but absolutely they would want to do that.” (quote courtesy of RingsideNews.com)

Back