Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The head-to-head numbers for 10 pm to 10:30 pm are in for WWE SmackDown vs. AEW Rampage.

PWTorch reports that AEW Rampage beat WWE Friday Night SmackDown in the coveted 18-49 demo in the 30 minutes that they were directly competing with each other.

Agreed to an extent

Isn't Eric Bischoff the same guy who tried to go to war with WWE on Monday nights in TNA? Maybe he should have shut up wrestled then.

AEW was in THEIR time slot. WWE invaded AEW's 10pm time trying to be cute and got embarrassed in the demo.

Now acknowledge the REAL tribal chief
Dl--N2IT_400x400.jpg

That's a good following to an awkward night. I pretty much see wrestling fans don't do shit on the weekends.
Deonna??? They phoned this one in.

Chioda talked about Vince McMahon taking over the ring truck:

“I think we were in Richfield, OH. We used to do some Survivor Series on Thanksgiving. We used to do Richfield, OH. We used to go out there on Tuesday, but I think it was a Wednesday night going into Thursday, but it was Wednesday night and everybody was drinking at The Holiday Inn bar. Vince was getting hammered. Everybody was getting hammered.

Vince said, ‘Hey Mike. Where’s the ring truck?’ I said, ‘It’s right outside in the parking lot sir.’ It was snowing and there was a ton of snow from before. It was snowing at night. It was freezing because it was November at that time. Next thing you know, Vince is like, ‘Give me the god da*n keys to the truck Mike.’ I was like, ‘Yea sure boss. No problem.’

I gave him the keys and he said, ‘Ok, come with me.’ I look at Chimel (Tony Chimel). He was over at the table. I told Chimel, ‘Vince has the keys to the truck.’ He said, ‘Why the f*ck did you give him the keys to the truck?’ Me and Chimel came out. Now we’re in the truck with Vince. He’s doing donuts with this 20-foot truck with a sleeper cab. He’s shifting gears and saying, ‘God da*n it. Can’t this go any faster?’ I said, ‘Yea, if you’re going down the highway.’ I swear he almost tipped the truck two or three times. I thought he was going to capsize the truck.”

Bradshaw talked about Vince McMahon’s fearlessness on a plane:

“People don’t realize how fearless Vince is. We’re flying one time into White Plains, like a short flight, like Boston or somewhere. The pilot comes back and says, ‘Sir, I’m fearless.’ The guy, I think, had been in Iraq flying as a pilot. The guy wasn’t scared, but he said, ‘I would not fly into this. There’s no visibility.’ Vince looked up and said, ‘So when you get that uniform, you lose your balls?’ Brian Gewirtz was there asking why Vince was arguing with the pilot. That pilot took off. We were coming in with no visibility. It was like, all of a sudden, we saw the runway and landed. It was that quick. The pilot came back and said, ‘Wow’, and Vince said, ‘I told you it would be fine.’ Like it was no big deal.”

Adam Scherr, the former Braun Strowman, was spotted flying to Las Vegas this morning from Chicago.

PWInsider.com is told that Scherr, who plans to use the nickname "The Titan" going forward, is expected to debut this weekend for Impact Wrestling, likely on tomorrow's Bound for Glory PPV.

Scherr was spotted meeting last week with Impact Executve Vice President Scott D'Amore in Michigan at the Motor City Comic Con, where the two sat for a long conversation at a hotel bar.

Scherr, a former strongman competitor, was signed by WWE in 2013 and at one point was Vince McMahon's handpicked project to be developed into a top star. He initially debuted as part of The Wyatt Family in 2015 and was extremely well protected, right down to who he would sell for and what types of bumps he was allowed to take, all with the idea of preparing him to be long-term, top character for the company.

After being drafted to Raw in 2016, Strowman was pushed as a monster singles competitor, sometimes beating as many as three opponents at once. He would feud with Roman Reigns and for several years, seemed to be on the cusp of being pushed as one of the top talents in the company, only to see WWE pull back from going all the way. He would win the Money in the Bank briefcase and become the winner of the first-ever Greatest Royal Rumble, but when he would be scheduled to win the title, plans would always change with talk that he had somehow caused management to decide not to pull the trigger.

Strowman was moved to the Smackdown roster in 2019 and finally captured the Universal title at Wrestlemania 36 during the COVID-19 pandemic, replacing Roman Reigns at the last moment to defeat Goldberg. He went right into a feud with Bray Wyatt, which included a lot of supernatural elements, right down to Braun being dragged down into a swamp at Extreme Rules. He would eventually lose the title to Wyatt at Summerslam 2020. After the match, Roman Reigns returned and attacked both, signifying his return and rise to the top of the Smackdown roster.

Braun was moved back to the Raw roster and was presented as a tough monster who was in the mix, but was never positioned in the top spot for that brand. He last performed for WWE against Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre at the 2021 Wrestlemania Backlash PPV, being pinned by Lashley. He was released back in June as part of WWE's round of releases that month.

Some notes on the WWE roster now that the post-Draft era is upon us with tonight's Smackdown:

*Xia Li will be a babyface on Smackdown.

*Mia Yim is scheduled to be a babyface when she debuts on Raw.

*The current plan is for Shotzi Blackheart to be a heel on Smackodown now that she and Tegan Nox have been split.

*Nox will remain a babyface for the Raw brand.

*There's been talk over the last week of shifting Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez into a tag team going forward.

*Hit Row's Swerve Scott and Ashante Thee Adonis will be utilized as a tag team with Top Dolla planned to be pushed as a singles talent. Hit Row will remain a faction, obviously.

Some notes on the WWE roster now that the post-Draft era is upon us with tonight's Smackdown:

*Xia Li will be a babyface on Smackdown.

*Mia Yim is scheduled to be a babyface when she debuts on Raw.

*The current plan is for Shotzi Blackheart to be a heel on Smackodown now that she and Tegan Nox have been split.

*Nox will remain a babyface for the Raw brand.

*There's been talk over the last week of shifting Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez into a tag team going forward.

*Hit Row's Swerve Scott and Ashante Thee Adonis will be utilized as a tag team with Top Dolla planned to be pushed as a singles talent. Hit Row will remain a faction, obviously.

Swerve doesn't need to be in a tag team, Top Dolla is the one who should be teaming up with Adonis

Back