Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

It was a huge high and low yesterday for WWE stars working the UK tour.

On the high end, the London crowd at the O2 Arena was not only the biggest live event crowd in a long time but was also said to have been extremely rabid and wild. We've heard from a few talents that this was one of their favorite shows in a long time to perform on as the crowd made it insanely fun.

The low end were the same talents waking up this morning (due to the time zone difference) and learning of last night's WWE releases. There was great sympathy for Jinder Mahal and Xia Li specifically.

On Mahal, a few talents noted that he was given literally nothing to do for years but when he was tapped to do a promo segment with The Rock, Mahal nailed his side of the deal and then the company never followed up, despite him being in great shape. The running joke among a few talents is that Jinder will be feuding with AEW President Tony Khan on Dynamite this summer.

There was also a feeling of Xia suffered because of her start/stop push and introductions in the Vince McMahon era. Both were extremely well liked backstage.

The release of Jinder and Indus Sher at the same time had talents wondering if there was a change in how WWE planned to approach India going forward as they were obviously utilized as ambassadors for that country's fan base.

We've been asked about who the big "lights out" surprise on tonight's TNA Rebellion PPV may be.

One possibility could be former TNA and AEW star Mike Santana, who has been expected to return internally this weekend.

It is also interesting to note that PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that TNA had at least preliminary discussions in recent weeks about bringing back former Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard, who the company released back in 2020 when she declined to return to drop their top title. Blanchard had been living in Mexico at the time at the height of the pandemic. Since that time, she's been working mostly for CMLL. Whether it is Blanchard, or if she and TNA have even come to terms, is unknown as of this writing.

We are told Gisele Shaw is ready to return from injury but I don't think she really fits the surprise lights out deal.

A few readers have asked if it could be Sabu. While Sabu does live in Las Vegas, where the PPV is being held, I don't see him as the surprise, especially given he's publicly stated he probably only has one more match left in him.

It would not be Rob Van Dam, who also lives in Vegas but is working for AEW tonight.

The surprise will also not be Scott D'Amore. There have been zero discussions between the two sides since the company removed him as head of TNA.

I thought Jinder was what a heel should be. He wasn't one of these cool heels getting cheers. His in ring wasn't great, but it was passable

yeah, they could’ve done better by him
he was on tv a lot tho. dude just couldn’t get over
I thought he was getting over and getting good reactions, they just were serving him bs to work with.

A program with Seth/AJ to me would of produced great matches and taken him to the next level.

Mustafa ali was ok

i didnt really care much for him but liked how honest he was when it came to shit happening outside of the ring

Back