Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official College Basketball Thread/Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made sense for him to leave especially when PJ Washington decided to go back. U guys have 2 five star forwards coming in and the transfer Reid, doubt he was going to improve his stock by much.

Jontay on the other hand could move himself into the lottery, especially if he work on his body. Next year's class is supposed to be very weak.
Yeah, just looking at the Mock Drafts, next year class is looking very weak

Next year is thin in Bigs but I wouldn't exactly call it weak. The Wings are pretty deep and I like a few of the forwards. Not a lot of depth like this year or last year but the lottery is looking pretty strong.

Last year was the first time we got a highly touted kid in Walker. We usually go the transfers route, it's kinda worked for us ala Shane Larkin, Sheldon Mac, Angel Rodriguez

What's the deal with this Bobby Brown kid? I've only seen him play once or twice. Didn't see anything too special but he's been getting draft buzz for a few years now and could sneak into the first round. Is he legit?

You mean Bruce Brown? Kid could defend 1-3. Kinda fell off offensively in his sophomore year before he got injured. A bit streaky but he can defend and rebound so I'm sure that'll get him some love

Anything on billy Preston? Dude got nba talent, but I don't see him on alot of mock drafts.

Looks like he's going undrafted. There's a few interesting names who will probably go undrafted due to the ncaa violations holding them out. I like that Bowen kid too. Probably should have went back to school tho. Wouldn't be surprised if Diallo goes undrafted as well

Last edited:
Looks like he's going undrafted. There's a few interesting names who will probably go undrafted due to the ncaa violations holding them out. I like that Bowen kid too. Probably should have went back to school tho. Wouldn't be surprised if Diallo goes undrafted as well
Bowen was going to have to sit out this upcoming year also... Diallo should stayed in the draft last year, probably could have went late first year. I think some team will take a chance on him in the 2nd with his athleticism.

Bowen was going to have to sit out this upcoming year also... Diallo should stayed in the draft last year, probably could have went late first year. I think some team will take a chance on him in the 2nd with his athleticism.

Didn't know that about Bowen. Makes sense now. Crazy how far Diallo had fallen I thought he would be a first round lock coming into this year.

These next 2 weeks going to feel like 2 years smh. Can't wait for summer league. They finally got rid of Orlando Summer league and were playing in Vegas for the first time. Might have to make that trip to catch the young boys.

Freak

search
7e556b166ef878b8c19213c094da6bc1.jpg

Don't know if it's a smokescreen but keep hearing the bulls are enamored with trae young.

Bulls worked out bamba friday,wcj and mikal bridges today.

John Hammonds interview on the air today. Pretty much came out and said Point guard is a huge position of need for us, but picking 6th you have to draft on BPA over need but he thinks where we are at they may be and the same.

Few more quotes from the interview I found slightly enlightening

JH: - "If you look at our roster obviously there's not whole lot of depth at the PG position. When you're talking about a pick as high as the 6th in the draft, you have to go best player on the board. Sometimes the need and best player on the board can fill that role."

JH- - "Usually you purely, solely take the best player on the board. You move into the second half of the 1st round, early 2nd round then you start saying now we can look more at need there. When you're talking top 5-10 though, its best player on the board."

MM: "I know your the GM, but you gotta re-sign him (Aaron Gordon). I gotta see him in a Magic jersey. I need you to know that. I wanna see him grow in Orlando." JH: "I appreciate that, and we feel the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back