Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official CHAMPION Thread (40 Barrs)

what was bar of the night? and chess choked every round stop it lol....... Twork's intestine bar was bar of that night to me

Chef's Tyrese rebuttal flip was bar of the night. I watched the event live, that bar shook the room more than any other bar. They even said it during the event.

Keyword: for a rookie. He had lackluster performances vs mike p & cortez ok. Vs QP, ill will & jc very strong performances... definitely better than anything dna did this year.

Aight, so going off what u said 3 dope performances and 2 weak ones, u think that's one of the best years ever?

One of the best rookie years yeah, it was his first full year. When various battle rappers are documented saying he’s for real that doesnt count for something? Actual wins & losses in itself is not saying much.. the potency in those wins is what made his stock skyrocket.

The reason he’s not any higher is because those lackluster performances. But if the argument is he below illmac and dna, no he moved the needle more than those 2 imo.

The illmac and dna comparison is a different debate, i still think they had better years tho.

But to say ever? lol I think a lot of people are prisoners of the moment. A lot of the vets were rookies at some point.

Most of which did not have as much of an immediate impact. Clips comes to mind.

I was just talking to a co-worker earlier this week, he’s not really up on battle rap like that at all but he knew some names. I caught him in the lunchroom i overheard a smack trailer coming from his phone, he was watching a nu jerzey twork compilation.

Casual/new viewers arent checking for you unless your name is really popping in battle rap. That counts for something, he’s pushing the culture forward. I couldnt imagine him saying hes watching a complation for geechi gotti, chef trez, ryda, etc. Twork’s stock is up there with nitty & JC right now....

Is just a matter of if he stops playing with his legacy.

I see what you're saying, but is it mainly due to talent or is mainly due to smack pushing him? Those other cats u named aren't being put on the big stages like twork is. Most of the casual fans only watch smack.

Bro, what. Talent.

Go pull up anybody compilation and we can go bar for bar. We gonna stop disrespecting twork talent lol.

No because ave was more consistent. But the same way ave was looking like some1 you want to avoid, a prepared twork has that same stature right now. His problem is he taking battles for a deposit & writing at the last minute. Where they ranked him was just about fair.

Back