Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Just curious, in a hypothetical scenario where he was given the players he needed, do u think Fizz is right coach for the Knicks? Basically, has he done anything that has impressed u?

With the right players I think he would be a good coach. But that be said about anyone though. Hes clearly not a great coach that can get the best out of any situation though. Atleast he hasnt been. Hes still a young coach though and I hope this doesnt ruin his career.

Fizz didnt sign up for this. He thought if nothing else he would have KP and a top pick this season. If KP was still on the team, the teams construction would be different. Then he bought into the KD and Kyrie hype. But he didnt sign up for having to coach the one roster in the league that was built without any direction at all. Like look at the Knicks roster. You cant point to any philosophy behind these signings.

They gave him a trash roster and then put pressure on him to win. So its not even a play the young players and let them develop shit. Fizz is coaching for his job which is forcing him to play veterans. I dont agree with him doing that, but I can see why hes doing it.

All that leads to this situation where Fizz being fired is the right move, but I hope this doesnt ruin Fizzdales career cause he really didnt get a fair chance here.

The Knicks broke my pops. Nigga legit stopped watching them this year. I thought he was just bullshitting but my stepmoms was even like yeah he be watching other games when the Knicks games on.

Said KD and Kyrie picking Nets over Knicks and signing a bunch of PF’s was the last straw lmaooo

I’m not worried about Fiz getting another job because NBA circles knew that anybody taking that position wasn’t gonna get a fair shake

He tried to make it work and accepted the challenge though. I respect that and if he needs to regroup there’s a spot next to spo that we can kick Malik Allen out for

I’m not worried about Fiz getting another job because NBA circles knew that anybody taking that position wasn’t gonna get a fair shake

He tried to make it work and accepted the challenge though. I respect that and if he needs to regroup there’s a spot next to spo that we can kick Malik Allen out for

Thats what im hoping for Fizz too. I dont think any franchise takes the Knicks and a coach failing with them seriously

At the same time (I’ve said this before) I don’t know if fiz is even that good of a coach. I mean he is young and will learn as time goes on but as of right now he seems average to me and that’s fine. Like if he was coaching a team like the kings, hornets, or bulls I think that would be fine

I think his calling card is being a charismatic relatable coach to Younger non superstars

At the same time (I’ve said this before) I don’t know if fiz is even that good of a coach. I mean he is young and will learn as time goes on but as of right now he seems average to me and that’s fine. Like if he was coaching a team like the kings, hornets, or bulls I think that would be fine

I think his calling card is being a charismatic relatable coach to Younger non superstars

Hes not good enough to make the best out of a bad situation. I think thats kind of proven

I always thought that fiz was just a coach with good team until he said....
giphy.gif

Then all of a sudden people thought he was a great coach. I'm gonna need more data on him to be able to see where he is as a coach. Not sure NY is the place to answer that question.

Also Trier needs more tick.

the beauty in having lottery picks is you can fail with them and get leeway but he’s not playing them. 2nd consecutive year. Ain’t a right player or system. Most Nba coaches suck, he’s one of them.

the Knicks have shooters, the asshole is playing all the bigs. Morris is taking a wing spot when he should be playing at the 4. He’s starting Randle, Morris, Gibson. That’s 3 power forwards in the starting lineup. Then he’s still playing Portis off the bench as well and Robinson gotta get his minutes.

I watched their offense in the MEAC. Knicks roster good enough to do what need to be done. Bad teams do not sit lottery picks, it’s that simple

he’s just not a good coach. It hurts me to say cause I like the FO/Coach aesthetic. is what it is. Coach job is to make the tough decisions. Enabling Julius Randle/Marcus Morris get you 40 point blowouts

Back