Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

OG Anunoby (Toronto Raptors)

An emergency appendectomy sidelined OG Anunoby for the entire 2019 postseason, so we was not on the court during Toronto’s run to their first title in franchise history. But is back to help the Raptors defend the title and his defensive efforts have contributed to their 9-4 start to the season.

The Raptors rank seventh in the NBA in defensive rating at 102.6 points allowed per 100 possessions – a mark that is 4.2 points better than last year’s championship team, which finished fifth in the regular season with a defensive rating of 106.8.

Anunoby is one of just 13 players in the NBA this season to average at least one block and one steal per game. Among that group, Anunoby commits the third-fewest fouls as he can play elite on-ball defense and contest shots (he ranks 40th in contested field goals, 17th in contested 3-pointers) without fouling.

So far this season, Anunoby’s matchups have shot just 35.4% against him (46-130) and he has blocked one tenth (1/10) of his matchups’ field goal attempts (13 blocks in 130 FGA). He’s done this while allowing just 31 free throw attempts by his matchups as he has committed only 12 shooting fouls in over 500 defensive matchup possessions.

Anunoby has split his time evenly between forwards (63 min) and guards (58 min) and has had similar success against both positions – 36.8% FG for forwards, 33.8% for guards with 10 of his blocks coming against guards. In limited minutes against centers (4.5 minutes total matchup time), Anunoby has held his matchups to 37.5% shooting without committing a shooting foul.

BEAST.

Nurse was a personal hire by masai ujiri when he got rid of Casey's staff a couple years before his firing. It was known nurse would get a shot if casey went down. That's why Casey throws shots at him whenever he gets the chance.

We didn't just chance the shit lmao.

Good luck tho.
Hopefully Raptors scoop him up but u doubt it. Doesn't fit masai's formula.

I think masai has changed that trend. No reason with all the analytics and a whole farming system at their disposal that this shit needs to happen.

Its becoming the anomaly as opposed to the norm.

Masai made that mistake with bruno cabacolo (turns out 6 yrs later the nigga can ball but still) and never did that shit again. You don't even need the draft to find young talent out here.

It's the 25th anniversary. Every former Raptor that's active is coming up on a tribute.

He had an excellent year here. Took a low contract, bet on himself and worked hard as hell. Should've kept him instead of valanciunas but masai could free up the loot.

All worked out in the end. He got some money to change his family's life and we got a championship.

I think masai has changed that trend. No reason with all the analytics and a whole farming system at their disposal that this shit needs to happen.

@Beta

Popovic likes his skilled bigs and I don't think Aldridge is a long term option. Vucevic scaled back the clock a bit.

Also magic's gm weltman who used to be masai's right hand is probably a little bit invested in demar. He's not going to try and pull him without getting a pg tho. I could see a white for Augustine, pick swap on the back end of the trade.

Also Aminu can't be traded until January I believe.
[/
And you'd be wrong. It's about going head to head and getting reps up. Take it from someone who witnessed it unfold. Masai didn't waste no roster spots on washed niggas. You learn to play and get better by actually playing and committing to your craft and development. You gain nothing from marginal players but marginal shit.

Go ahead and name call tho. I understand why you mad.
He's already said he wants to be here and masai/webster alway pays up. That's the one flaw with masai and Bobby Webster. But he times the spending so theres an opening to burn it down. (Hence the young guys up to get deals, while all the vets are expiring, and theres max cap for 2021. YOUR GM'S ARE JOKING OUT HERE!!) He'd rather overpay and fleece someone in a trade later if it doesn't work out. All the while procuring young off the radar talent for cheap like fvv, davis, matt Thomas, chris Boucher getting 10+ million production for pennies.

Fred isn't going anywhere. He's nick nurse's guy.

Aye hate to say it but if I'm masai I'm calling Portland and seeing what the market is for dame or cj right now. Real talk.
Nurse was a personal hire by masai ujiri when he got rid of Casey's staff a couple years before his firing. It was known nurse would get a shot if casey went down. That's why Casey throws shots at him whenever he gets the chance.

We didn't just chance the shit lmao.

Good luck tho.

Masai made that mistake with bruno cabacolo (turns out 6 yrs later the nigga can ball but still) and never did that shit again. You don't even need the draft to find young talent out here.

It's the 25th anniversary. Every former Raptor that's active is coming up on a tribute.

He had an excellent year here. Took a low contract, bet on himself and worked hard as hell. Should've kept him instead of valanciunas but masai could free up the loot.

All worked out in the end. He got some money to change his family's life and we got a championship.

@Beta

Popovic likes his skilled bigs and I don't think Aldridge is a long term option. Vucevic scaled back the clock a bit.

Also magic's gm weltman who used to be masai's right hand is probably a little bit invested in demar. He's not going to try and pull him without getting a pg tho. I could see a white for Augustine, pick swap on the back end of the trade.

Also Aminu can't be traded until January I believe.
[/
And you'd be wrong. It's about going head to head and getting reps up. Take it from someone who witnessed it unfold. Masai didn't waste no roster spots on washed niggas. You learn to play and get better by actually playing and committing to your craft and development. You gain nothing from marginal players but marginal shit.

Go ahead and name call tho. I understand why you mad.
He's already said he wants to be here and masai/webster alway pays up. That's the one flaw with masai and Bobby Webster. But he times the spending so theres an opening to burn it down. (Hence the young guys up to get deals, while all the vets are expiring, and theres max cap for 2021. YOUR GM'S ARE JOKING OUT HERE!!) He'd rather overpay and fleece someone in a trade later if it doesn't work out. All the while procuring young off the radar talent for cheap like fvv, davis, matt Thomas, chris Boucher getting 10+ million production for pennies.

Fred isn't going anywhere. He's nick nurse's guy.

Aye hate to say it but if I'm masai I'm calling Portland and seeing what the market is for dame or cj right now. Real talk.

This too because I started fucking up the quotes this is all from this month you fuckin loser and this doesn’t include you saying Giannis might come because Masai looked out for him

Get off that man’s sack lol

Let's end this quickly cornball. I'm not you.

Screenshot_20191122-151731_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-154910_Chrome~2.jpg

You could've taken a screenshot instead of faking the funk for these niggas.

Why you thirsting for my attention anyway? I don't understand how you think this is going to go lol.

Why you thirsting for my attention anyway? I don't understand how you think this is going to go lol.

You understand you started with me right? You asked that dumb ass Mike Miller, battier, birdman question

Oh is this off of me asking other members about the raptors’ FA? Lmao you refused to answer my question multiple times I just wanted to know

Masai bought me my first TV ass nigga

You understand you started with me right? You asked that dumb ass Mike Miller, battier, birdman question

Oh is this off of me asking other members about the raptors’ FA? Lmao you refused to answer my question multiple times I just wanted to know

Masai bought me my first TV ass nigga

Yo @AP21 Can you tell me who Is the biggest FA the raptors signed; Not resigned after coming in a trade?
I honestly just want the answer out of curiosity

Every time I ask a raptors fan I get the run around

Nah you literally woke up with my dick on your breath.

All good tho. Imma bring it back.

Nah you literally woke up with my dick on your breath.

All good tho. Imma bring it back.
Uh no I was asking AP because I wanted to know and then I explained why I was randomly asking

Nice try

Are you gonna keep riding Masai yes or no? How you think he would feel to know another man is fighting over him on the net?

The Suns are falling back down to Earth as expected

Too early to make that assumption 3

BEAST.

I thought he was gona take the leap before Pascal before he got Injured it would be crazy if he still does and develops into a other threatening 2way player he looked like he was on his way alot of people over look this

Back