Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Cold blooded...

Rumor: Pelicans’ Alvin Gentry won’t last much longer with New Orleans

The New Orleans Pelicans were eliminated from postseason contention on Sunday after losing to the San Antonio Spurs, and now all the attention shifts to head coach Alvin Gentry and his future.

Most NBA pundits believe the Pelicans are going to part ways with Gentry in the offseason. William Guillory of The Athletic even went as far as saying it’s the worst kept secret in the NBA that Gentry will be fired by VP David Griffin.

“The most obvious area where a drastic change could be made immediately is in the coaching ranks. Alvin Gentry has been on the hot seat practically since the day he arrived in New Orleans, and when a team hires a new executive, it’s usually a matter of time before the boss gets antsy and decides to make a change.

As poorly as they played, with Zion showing up lookin like fat albert and the fact the nba did this whole play in bs jus so tnt n espn could show zion. This was a forgone conclusion

Last edited:
As poorly as they played, with Zion showing up lookin like fat albert and the fact the the nba did this whole play in bs jus so tnt n espn could could zion. This was a forgone conclusion
i've been sitting quietly as you've posted this several times since the inception of bubble play but im legit curious, is this your actual opinion or is it just jokes.

I was reading about how Boston actually has a lot of incentive to play hard and keep Memphis from making the playoffs

Might not seem like a lot but the difference in Memphis making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is their pick(thats owed to Boston) would be like 3 picks higher if they miss it

I was basing this off of players who deserve recognition because they broke out, let ppl know how good they are, and performance. Luka has had better games than harden and booker is undefeated

bill_simmons.jpg

Back