Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Just like @Infamous114 , I am the opposite of u. Did not really have an opinion about him, but the more I know about him, the more impressed I am. Seems to have similar politics as Lebatard, but is more slick in the way he uses his platform to promote his “woke” agenda. Lebatard on the other hand is always risking suspension.

Dan gives no fucks about risking suspension. He’s always been like that and not holding back his views on shit, no matter what it is. Been listening to his show for like 15 years now. That’s what I respect about him

Just days away from Thursday’s vote of the NBA board of governors to approve a plan to restart the season with 22 teams in Orlando, Florida, several of the franchises considered to be title favorites are internally discussing how to retain some semblance of the home-court advantage they fought to earn through 60-plus games in the regular season. No plan has been formally proposed, and one would be unlikely to pass because it would require a two-thirds board of governors vote in addition to an agreement from the players’ union. Nevertheless, teams that would have traditionally had home court have tried to figure out incentives to reproduce the leg-up that hosting four games in a seven-game series would have offered, sources told ESPN.

– via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN

Some of the scenarios discussed, sources told ESPN, include: The higher-seeded team being awarded the first possession of the second, third and fourth quarters, following the traditional jump ball to begin the game The higher-seeded team being allowed to designate one player to be able to be whistled for seven fouls instead of six before fouling out The higher-seeded team receiving an extra coach’s challenge

One executive suggested to ESPN that the NBA should present the higher-seeded team a menu of league-approved options before each game — or possibly each series
— and have them pick one. On the one hand, it could be an added wrinkle to the home viewing experience for fans to look for when they tune in. On the other, it could come off akin to a contestant on the game show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” choosing between lifelines to help with a final answer.

Ehh now y’all doing too much. First time I’ve used the word gimmick during this whole process but that’s what it sounds like.

Having someone who fouls out with 7 fouls instead of six? Wtf does that matter MFs rarely foul out now it seems.

First possession of every quarter? Ehh maybe

How many courts does the Disney resorts have? Anyone know?

As former Disney employee Keith Smith laid out for Yahoo Sports earlier this month, the amenities and other circumstances boasted by Disney World make it uniquely qualified to host professional basketball games while keeping the league isolated from the risk of the coronavirus.
The whole post is worth reading, but it essentially boils down to Disney World having the following:
12 on-site basketball courts, two of which are broadcast-ready, at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
• enough hotel rooms to house every player, coach, official, television crew member and more
• several nearby medical facilities for injuries
• restaurants, swimming pools and other amenities to stave off boredom

As former Disney employee Keith Smith laid out for Yahoo Sports earlier this month, the amenities and other circumstances boasted by Disney World make it uniquely qualified to host professional basketball games while keeping the league isolated from the risk of the coronavirus.
The whole post is worth reading, but it essentially boils down to Disney World having the following:
12 on-site basketball courts, two of which are broadcast-ready, at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
• enough hotel rooms to house every player, coach, official, television crew member and more
• several nearby medical facilities for injuries
• restaurants, swimming pools and other amenities to stave off boredom

So I’m assuming they will paint the home team colors and logos on certain courts for the playoffs. And that’s home court for you!

183605377c742c49-let-the-games-begin-gif-gif-images-download.gif

Back