Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I love Steph, but idk if Steph gonna end up top 10.

KD has the best chance imo. KD should have already been on that list but we know why he isnt. The other person going on that list is Giannis.

A darkhorse, which I dont expect to happen, is Harden. So far, he aint close. But he is putting up legendary stats, has an MVP, and racking up scoring titles. If somehow the unexpected happens and Harden takes over in the playoffs and gets a ring or two, he would atleast he in the discussion.

If somehow the unexpected happens and Harden takes over in the playoffs and gets a ring or two

giphy.gif

I feel you fam. I dont expect this to happen.

But love him or hate him, he is putting up the stats, putting together the personal accolades, and winning alot in the regular seasons. If he gets a new coach, gets a better team built around him and wins a ring, hes in the convo.

The trade machine's presence has grown exponentially in the modern era of social media discourse, almost to a satirical degree. But with the uncertainty surrounding the 2020-21 salary cap amid the coronavirus pandemic, the trading block will be many teams' most valuable tool for filling cracks in the future foundation.
So the trade machine is where we turn.
For those lucky few with a superstar in tow, finding the perfect complement is critical. After all, Michael Jordan never won a playoff series before adding Scottie Pippen in 1987-88. Kobe Bryant never won a series without Shaquille O'Neal or Pau Gasol. Only three teams in the past 15 seasons have managed an NBA Finals victory with just one All-Star (Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks).
Even the all-time greats needed help, and we're happy to oblige the next generation, whether with a complementary All-Star or a high-end role player.
Here are seven trades to support some of the league's top stars and thrust their teams toward contention in 2020-21

Wonder how stars that took less years on their contracts cause they wanted the flexibility to move around feel now.

Chances are their next contracts will be a lot smaller cause the cap is gonna take a huge hit with the corona shit.

Wonder how stars that took less years on their contracts cause they wanted the flexibility to move around feel now.

Chances are their next contracts will be a lot smaller cause the cap is gonna take a huge hit with the corona shit.

And don't forget about the whole China situation hurting the salary situation also. Alot of players who have big contracts and could opt out of their deal this offseason is gonna stay put.

Of course some are going to opt out because they want the longer term contracts but the guys who are making close to or the full max aren't opting out I think

You make decisions based on the information given at the time

Idk why some of y'all are obsessed with limiting the greatest players to ever play the sport to just a top 10

When I used to heavily listen to Jalen and Jacoby, Jalen would say that only like 4400 dudes have played in the NBA. Not sure what that was based on but let's say that number is now up to 5000.

Y'all really trying to debate who's in the top 10 of that?

That's what .002% of players. Y'all ain't gonna never agree

Outside of MJ, Kareem, magic, bird, y'all gonna be splitting hairs with everyone else

See Mister b criteria

Back