Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Well you have no reason to watch anyway since the bulls flabby and sick. I hope they go with the group stage idea just to see if you’ll still be in here watching with the rest of us.
Rockets must be in a trash group if you want this. A title team will not be acknowledged going about it this way.

8 teams from the East. 8 teams from the West. The East teams play each other and the West teams play each other. Whoever wins their respective conferences meet in the finals. That seems a little radical but maybe that could work.

its not a gimmick at all

the nba has a parity problem

every year the discussion about contracting or relocating teams is had, but it doesnt have to. Everyone knows that only a handful of teams have a legitimate shot at the title while the other teams front offices are tasked with selling hope to the fanbases.

This is the perfect time to get creative about how you can keep ALL 30 teams fanbases engaged simultaneously instead of the same 4-8 every year. The only way the playoffs were going to be interesting this season was if a dark horse team came out of nowhere and did the impossible, but there's a reason why that wasnt gonna happen

As I appreciate club play structure, it would grow the interest of the sport and take the pressures off trying to build this perfect team every year at the expense of bad contracts, overpaying players, etc...

I don't care about any of this, if you need to change things this drastic then there's no reason to play.

Y’all are for players who signed $196 million contracts to play basketball when they feel like it lol

I gotta agree with this nigga. Yall definitely trippin on this one.

Nigga need to lace em up or forfeit them cheques.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just want this cause it will put fat boy Zion in the mix
this is where we differ

I chalked this season up to a loss from the start. I was watching to see how the newly acquired players were gonna gel, the draft picks coming out of summer league (Walker and Hayes) and to see how Zion translated to the NBA.

If they made the playoffs, that was icing on the cake

you want me to be disgruntled about the pelicans like you are about the bulls, but...that aint happening chief

its not a gimmick at all

the nba has a parity problem

every year the discussion about contracting or relocating teams is had, but it doesnt have to. Everyone knows that only a handful of teams have a legitimate shot at the title while the other teams front offices are tasked with selling hope to the fanbases.

This is the perfect time to get creative about how you can keep ALL 30 teams fanbases engaged simultaneously instead of the same 4-8 every year. The only way the playoffs were going to be interesting this season was if a dark horse team came out of nowhere and did the impossible, but there's a reason why that wasnt gonna happen

As I appreciate club play structure, it would grow the interest of the sport and take the pressures off trying to build this perfect team every year at the expense of bad contracts, overpaying players, etc...

While I agree with some of what you're saying you are kinda missing the fact that in a sport that has a playoff series instead of a 1 and done set up it's damn near impossible to have dark horse teams making a run for the championship. Maybe a good team that was injured most of the season which resulted in them having a low playoff seed then getting healthy right before the playoffs start could happen but still chemistry and conditioning of the returning players comes into play.

Any sport that has a playoff series usually the best team or best matchups win the series and it's mostly the best teams in basketball. Now maybe if they do the best 16 teams (doesn't matter which conference) make the playoffs it might make it a bit more interesting due to travel fatigue, but still looking at this season as an example it isn't too many of the lower seeded teams that would upset the higher seeded ones in a series. Much less go on a championship run unless alot of upsets/injuries occur to assist them.

One of the reasons March Madness or Football (which injuries help with the uncertainty) is so beloved is due to the 1 and done set up which upsets and dark horse teams can thrive in.

Lol. What were those niggas doing all season. Like yall could have tried to play defense at some point lol. Foh.

And fuck mark jones.

I don't disagree with your premise that they had more than enough games to figure shit out before worrying about the last 16 games of the season but I also understand where he is coming from. Portland has been banged up all season long and was still hanging around playoff contention. Those last 16 games for them could mean making the playoffs or missing it.

So why would they want to just play 4 or 5 games with no chance of making any ground toward making the playoffs while also putting their and their loved ones lives in danger? That's just a waste of their time and doing something potentially dangerous for nothing. If they are only playing enough games to get to 70 total and that's it then I kind of don't blame him for saying what he said.

The league should either do a play in tournament with the teams who weren't totally out of playoff contention for the 7th and 8th seeds or go straight to the playoffs with the teams who were slated to go there when the season got postponed. It helps cut back on all the people interacting

Back