Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really I just told her me and her mom were friends she never saw us together as far as I know. It all seems too confusing for me to be talking about.
Kids are smart and perceptive. Waiting to say something until she brings it up might leave her feeling like people, including her parents arent straightforward with her. You could watch a movie together where parents split up and you could ask her how that makes her feel and then go on to explain that sometimes that happens and that it's not anything the child has done. And that adults sometimes dont realize until later they arent happy together.

You don't have to make it specific to her mom and husband but it might be an easy way to drop the seed that something is coming without saying, btw, your mom and her husband are breaking up and you two are gonna have to move.

Be her rock, her steady, straightforward dad.

Kids are smart and perceptive. Waiting to say something until she brings it up might leave her feeling like people, including her parents arent straightforward with her. You could watch a movie together where parents split up and you could ask her how that makes her feel and then go on to explain that sometimes that happens and that it's not anything the child has done. And that adults sometimes dont realize until later they arent happy together.

You don't have to make it specific to her mom and husband but it might be an easy way to drop the seed that something is coming without saying, btw, your mom and her husband are breaking up and you two are gonna have to move.

Be her rock, her steady, straightforward dad.
I actually agree with this.
And add
Never let the other parent have an out to use you as being dishonest.
Her relationship, her job. But good idea to prep her. She will respect him more for it.

Firing up the grill today on the menu, rack of lamb, salmon,couple burgers, cajun and lemon ceaser shrimp smoke sausages and hot dogs for the lil ones. Also on the grill baked potatoes and asparagus. And Heineken in the fridge

The Speedway chocolate chips that be in the single brown sack at the Speedway gas station is the best cookies in the business

Speedway cookies>>>>>>>>>>>Grandma cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back