Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you grown up in a lifestyle, and live out the entirety of your life in that lifestyle..regardless of how bad it is, it's normalized....

slavery was extremely traumatizing.....

but imagine being told you're free one day,

having no where to go, and no idea what to do.....that generation was prolly more terrified than any generation previously...

and lets think about the next...okay i was born free, but i have to live in constant fear of anyone white....even if i'm chilling with my friends. minding my business, actually having a great time enjoying this slice of pie we have.....all it takes is a lie, and my friend can be snatch and lynched, and even though we're told we're free, there's nothing we can do

next generation....fuck it we gonna build communities and do our own thing....nope...that shit gets bombed. stomped out...and now since we think we the shit, we're forced to live with people who remind us every day we ain't shit...

next generations....every single time a great leader emerges yall either kill them or drive them out the country...

THEN ..... yall want yall slaves back, so yall just start throwing niggaz in jail for anything just to keep the slave population up...
cuz that's all jail is....slaves..

before slavery ended our prison population wasnt outta control.... but after slavery was abolished. our prison population is more than whole countries....AND TO MAKE THINGS WORSE despite being considered a minority in the country, our people are the majority in prison....

so i mean.....

The problem is you're just writing off slavery as something they had adjusted too, but that's not the case. You never really get use to that. I mean you note that two generations later you could just be trying to make the best of your life and through some minor incident someone you love gets murdered. You don't think that same dynamic happened when in blacks were enslaved? As a matter of fact, pretty much every bad thing you listed for what happened to blacks after slavery also happened during slavery.

Slaves were routinely sold as property often is and that left them feeling confused and uncertain of the future just as you noted for the next generation.

Slaves were property of their masters and subject to the whims of those masters and every other white person, so they lived in constant fear just as you noted for the next generation.

In the next generation, you note that blacks build only to have what they built destroyed by racist terrorism. That's bad, but at least they get to experience what its like to build. Slaves only got the racist terrorism side of the equation.

What exactly do you think happened to the slaves on the plantation that stood up and tried be a leader among the slaves? They were either killed or humbled in a very violent and humliating way.

lol What do you mean the prison population wasn't out of control before slavery ended? During slavery 95% of the black population was essentially in prison.

You're kinda underselling what life as a slave was like.

The problem is you're just writing off slavery as something they had adjusted too, but that's not the case. You never really get use to that. I mean you note that two generations later you could just be trying to make the best of your life and through some minor incident someone you love gets murdered. You don't think that same dynamic happened when in blacks were enslaved? As a matter of fact, pretty much every bad thing you listed for what happened to blacks after slavery also happened during slavery.

Slaves were routinely sold as property often is and that left them feeling confused and uncertain of the future just as you noted for the next generation.

Slaves were property of their masters and subject to the whims of those masters and every other white person, so they lived in constant fear just as you noted for the next generation.

In the next generation, you note that blacks build only to have what they built destroyed by racist terrorism. That's bad, but at least they get to experience what its like to build. Slaves only got the racist terrorism side of the equation.

What exactly do you think happened to the slaves on the plantation that stood up and tried be a leader among the slaves? They were either killed or humbled in a very violent and humliating way.

lol What do you mean the prison population wasn't out of control before slavery ended? During slavery 95% of the black population was essentially in prison.

You're kinda underselling what life as a slave was like.
there's a huge difference between this shit happening when you know you're a salve, and when you think you're free...

the illusion of freedom magnifies all those trauma....

that's my opinion...i don't feel i'm underselling it....i'm jut highlighting how this shit stings a lot more when you feel like it's not supposed to be happening, vs just accepting it

mad people who have been to prison say the hardest 2 days are the day you arrive and the day you leave.....

anxiety of not knowing is a motherfucker

there's a huge difference between this shit happening when you know you're a salve, and when you think you're free...

the illusion of freedom magnifies all those trauma....

that's my opinion...i don't feel i'm underselling it....i'm jut highlighting how this shit stings a lot more when you feel like it's not supposed to be happening, vs just accepting it

mad people who have been to prison say the hardest 2 days are the day you arrive and the day you leave.....

anxiety of not knowing is a motherfucker

This illusion you're talking about was probably only really a thing during reconstruction and that only lasted for a few decades. After that came the Jim Crow era, and during that era, there was no illusion. Blacks knew they were second class citizens that were subject to the whims of whites just like slaves knew they were property that were subject to the whims of their masters.

The difference was that blacks did have some legitimate freedoms that could be exercised particularly while they were away from whites, which was pretty often due to segregation. The slaves got no such reprieve. They were always property.

Czar, he didnt say anything about your daughter though

if he did, point me to that post but i didnt see him say anything about her

but you cant feel a type of way when someone mentnions your daughter when getting at you but then you mentioning other people's kids when you getting at them

point taken

thing is....

our people are ashamed of our people.....

and the shit is sickening...

everytime american black folk do negative shit....that literally every race on the whole fucking planet does....

"that shit set us back 50 years"
or
"they make all black people look bad"

giphy.webp

they buy into this media generated image that black Americans ain't shit..... despite the literally countless examples of black Americans doing great things...exceptional things...

like to this day we can still drop black history shit that black folk in america don't know about. we stopped talking about martin and Malcolm in school cuz our generation feels we did those two the death.....

we're doing a tournament right now where James brown literally created two whole sub-genres of music.....do we applaud that as black history?

master P one of the greatest entrepreneurs of the 20th century .

jay-z from projects to damn near billionaire in one generation....they did this shit in america.....

yet niggaz swear we as a people ain't shit and we all need to go back to Africa.....like mad Africans ain't coming over here for a better life.....

it's just wild.....

and here comes February where black people seemingly forget to pay homage to great black Americans and pretend they African again wearing dashikis from regions and nations of africa they have no fucking clue about......

one person got on some east african shit, the other some west african shit, another some shit a white kid made up in his basement, but cuz it uses those colors, and patterns americans just assume it's african and rock it regardless.....

shit crazy to me man....i could go on and on......but i just laugh at this point..

This is true we are overly hard on each other but would call a white boy cool for being able to rap but a black kid rapping needs to be doctor because we got too many rappers like wtf

Aye...He took it across the line.
I'm not that type dude.

I actually reached out to him to offer advice about custody....And his kid a few times.

I'm still trying keep it between just us two.
I don't like bringing kids a personal shit into things.
But you see he took it there first....Even after I overlooked it the first few times.

we talked like one time about that don’t over exaggerate

I really like that channel. It's a creative way of teaching about life on earth.

Yeah man not only are they hilarious but I'd never realised how important human physiology was to our dominance. I'd always just assumed it was our superior intelligence but our abilities to sweat and throw were super useful 'early game'

We not bro I’m sorry I’m just not rolling with that narrative

You don't have to roll when the proof is there.

Don't get what im saying confused. This isn't me believing in black inferiority or self hate. I'm just able to recognize the correlation of a cursed group in scripture with our people. And like i said, it aint just America. The diaspora led to us being all over the globe and there are commonalities between all the offspring of the dispersed melinated people no matter how different we are culturally.

Yeah man not only are they hilarious but I'd never realised how important human physiology was to our dominance. I'd always just assumed it was our superior intelligence but our abilities to sweat and throw were super useful 'early game'

Yeah, not to mention the importance of opposeable thumbs and bipedal movement.

This is true we are overly hard on each other but would call a white boy cool for being able to rap but a black kid rapping needs to be doctor because we got too many rappers like wtf
the influence that black americans have on this country through music, film, fashion and other arts.....

like we are an arts people......

we should be pushing all arts...i keep my son in arts.. like i wanna get him in sports... but its more important to me to keep him arts.......

he needs more outlets than just physical...

the influence that black americans have on this country through music, film, fashion and other arts.....

like we are an arts people......

we should be pushing all arts...i keep my son in arts.. like i wanna get him in sports... but its more important to me to keep him arts.......

he needs more outlets than just physical...

I think ya'll are missing the point of the criticism. No one has ever said that blacks shouldn't be rappers or singers or actresses. The criticism is that we shouldn't allow our people to believe that being an entertainment of some type is the only path to success. You got some niggas how here really thinking that the only options are sports, rap, or drugs.

if you grown up in a lifestyle, and live out the entirety of your life in that lifestyle..regardless of how bad it is, it's normalized....

slavery was extremely traumatizing.....

but imagine being told you're free one day,

having no where to go, and no idea what to do.....that generation was prolly more terrified than any generation previously...

and lets think about the next...okay i was born free, but i have to live in constant fear of anyone white....even if i'm chilling with my friends. minding my business, actually having a great time enjoying this slice of pie we have.....all it takes is a lie, and my friend can be snatch and lynched, and even though we're told we're free, there's nothing we can do

next generation....fuck it we gonna build communities and do our own thing....nope...that shit gets bombed. stomped out...and now since we think we the shit, we're forced to live with people who remind us every day we ain't shit...

next generations....every single time a great leader emerges yall either kill them or drive them out the country...

THEN ..... yall want yall slaves back, so yall just start throwing niggaz in jail for anything just to keep the slave population up...
cuz that's all jail is....slaves..

before slavery ended our prison population wasnt outta control.... but after slavery was abolished. our prison population is more than whole countries....AND TO MAKE THINGS WORSE despite being considered a minority in the country, our people are the majority in prison....

so i mean.....

but all that was true during slavery

I think ya'll are missing the point of the criticism. No one has ever said that blacks shouldn't be rappers or singers or actresses. The criticism is that we shouldn't allow our people to believe that being an entertainment of some type is the only path to success. You got some niggas how here really thinking that the only options are sports, rap, or drugs.
that's fair....i don't have all the answers just opinions...in fact all ur answers are more than fair... i just be talkin.....

but look at lebron and jay-z

it ain't like that mentality did them any disservice....

and even some drug dealers give more back to their community than the government......

so i get that it might seem limited...

but if we're naturally artistic and athletic.....why not explore that to the fullest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back