Welcome To aBlackWeb

NYC Landlord Posts Giant Sign Calling Out Non-Paying Tenants

Im gonna blame the govt before I blame any side in this.

If a person could pay their rent last month, but cant pay their rent this month for a valid reason, then there should be some protection for the tenant and the homeowner.

Just cause the tenant lost their job, doesnt mean they should be homeless.

But also, just cause a tenant lost their job, shouldnt mean the homeowner doesnt get their rent.

Smh. Our govt fails us in so many ways.

Folks rarely get put out after not paying rent. It’s such a long process if the tenet want it to be and they can damn near squat for months or even longer than a year without anything happening to them while the home owner continue to pay taxes and still having to have things fixed in the house even if they are not paying them.

The whole process is weird

And you have some folks that wait for people to go on vacation and squat in there and you can’t get them out lol

Naw. Actually taking the rent if it’s short will make it harder for the home owner of he’s trying to get them out.

Ok but in this instance you not getting your money and still not getting them out.

Seemingly it wasn't a problem over 9 years. So you weren't trying to get them out. Now you looking at losing $21,600 they were willing to pay vs $1800 on the year. And now you gotta sit and wait for the courts while paying to make yourself look wild to the community and potential renters in the future. Ideyat ting.

Folks rarely get put out after not paying rent. It’s such a long process if the tenet want it to be and they can damn near squat for months or even longer than a year without anything happening to them while the home owner continue to pay taxes and still having to have things fixed in the house even if they are not paying them.

And you have some folks that wait for people to go on vacation and squat in there and you can’t get them out lol

Man let me come home to my crib, and see mfers in there, AND they refuse to get out.

Im taking they knee caps first, and dealing with the law second.

man WHAT? and you still gotta fix shit? That doesnt sound right at all. I wouldnt fix a gotdamn thing if they aint paying

man WHAT? and you still gotta fix shit? That doesnt sound right at all. I wouldnt fix a gotdamn thing if they aint paying

Even if you're in court the landlord still has to maintain the property. Funny thing that is one of the biggest lies renters tell the courts. I ain't paying the cause the landlord didn't fix x,y & z.

You can hit the thumbs down but

The amount of folks that fuck on property and do and or have folks living in those places that’s not a part of the lease agreement is basically the same as folks do shady things.

I’ve been a renter 99% of life and been around folks that rent and I can 100% say we do/did shut not part of the agreement.

It is what it is

It’s not the rule or the exception. It’s pretty even

Truthfully it is pretty even but Freeman is right in terms of how the courts see it. It's the reason why legally renters have more protections against being put out by landlords just cause, rent controlled buildings, etc.

You can hit the thumbs down but

The amount of folks that fuck on property and do and or have folks living in those places that’s not a part of the lease agreement is basically the same as folks do shady things.

I’ve been a renter 99% of life and been around folks that rent and I can 100% say we do/did shut not part of the agreement.

It is what it is

You aren't considering apartments or housing complexes owned by corporations and run by property management groups specifically there to fuck tenants over.

It's not close at all. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Those laws are in place to protect from predatory landlords who could try to cause problems to try and get tenants to move.

Predatory landlords are the rule and not the exception.
This is facts. The do this in NYC and San Fran a lot. Want tenant out so their can raise rent a few thousand so they say they're going to renovate the kitchen. They start a demo, tear it all out, then dont come back to finish.

Two Brooklyn slumlords were busted Thursday for allegedly trashing apartments and employing other unsavory tactics to kick out long-time tenants in an illegal scheme to capitalize on the booming real estate market.
Housing advocates cheered the rare and potentially precedent-setting indictment against brothers Joel and Aaron Israel, who have been charged with breaking into one apartment and committing unlawful eviction and theft in other rent-stabilized buildings they own.
"We allege the defendants engaged in harassment, intimidation and fraud," said Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson. "The defendants destroyed bathrooms and kitchens to create horrendous conditions."
In one tenement, the landlords promised repairs but instead blasted through walls and floors, leaving some residents without facilities for 18 months, prosecutors charged.

Rats and stray cats would make their way inside and a so-called security guard moved in the building and walked around with two pitbulls and a baseball bat to frighten tenants, Thompson said.
A resident of another building left her flat for a doctor's appointment a year ago and returned to find herself locked out with her kitchen and bath demolished, according to the indictment.
"To those landlords, breaking the law is just the cost of doing business," said Adam Meyers of Brooklyn Legal Services Corp.
The new criminal charges pertain to four of 10 buildings Aaron Israel, 37, and Joel Israel, 34, own in the fast-gentrifying neighborhoods of Williamsburg, Bushwick and Greenpoint.

This article goes into detail on how they get away with the shit. (Basically they get fined or w/e and just dont pay the fines. The city doesnt really try and collect the fines and after 8 years they forgive the balance. So slumlords will owe 6 or even 7 figures in fines and just dont pay cuz the government doesnt go after them.)

This is facts. The do this in NYC and San Fran a lot. Want tenant out so their can raise rent a few thousand so they say they're going to renovate the kitchen. They start a demo, tear it all out, then dont come back to finish.

This article goes into detail on how they get away with the shit. (Basically they get fined or w/e and just dont pay the fines. The city doesnt really try and collect the fines and after 8 years they forgive the balance. So slumlords will owe 6 or even 7 figures in fines and just dont pay cuz the government doesnt go after them.)

Yup I had a landlord who was on that type of time. Initially moved in a 2 bedroom with a friend when I was in my early 20s. After a few months my friend loses his 2nd job and couldn't keep up with the rent so he dips on me like a hoe. I go to the landlord like I'll just find a new roommate but he's like nah your friend signed the lease and has to pay what he owes so you don't have to worry about it just continue to pay your part like you have been.
8 mohths later I get hit with an eviction notice saying I owe thousands of dollars. Basically he couldn't get it from my boy for whatever reason (his parents were lawyers) so he was gonna get it from me and because it was a shared lease I shared responsibility for the rent.

After that dude would come in the apartment when I wasn't there and fuck with shit, take my weed, loose change, even put sardines all over my bed. I changed the locks and dude broke it off.

Got fed up and called my nigga to make him send some mans to tune his ass up but he grown manned me like "is it really worth 5 mins of satisfaction you gonna get to have police on your ass? Cause he gonna say it was you. You gotta hit him in a way he understands. Hit his pockets"

Basically had someone come over the apartment, I left for work and while I was at work they fucked up the fridge, oven, ac so they were beyond repair, fuck up the shower, walls, doors and some other shit. Came home after reported a break in so I was clean.

He had a condo he wasn't using so I moved out and stayed there for a little under a year.

Landlord takes me to court for the damages and rent. I had the police report so he couldn't get me on the damages. Then I go back about the rent and the wild thing is he didn't have my name correct on the lease so he couldn't even recoup that rent money.

Bitch ass nigga.

I don't know what the lease states but a $100 increase after 9 years is more than acceptable and fair. Most places go up $25 -50 every year on rent. Those people gotta get the fuck out of my spot if they bitching about $100 after 9 years. Fuck they think is really going on here.

c6b6e075-826a-4831-bfc4-a61b263c7d26_text.gif

I gotta agree wit this.

Up 100 after 9yrs...not 9 days...not 9mos...but 9yrs. C'mon man.

Once again these niggas got a
3 bedroom apartment in New York for only 1900 and don't pay rent because they got a lil 100 increase my rent is 2412 in a" affordable housing apartment,

Granted we applied for a 3bedroom but they only had a 4 room( using the 4th as gym/smokeroom)

These people ain't shit a 2bedroom ins 2000racks idk how the fuck they got 3 and held down to 1800 until now I actuality they had a good landlord smfh

It's an all around bad situation. The landlords have to get rent anyway they can, and the tenants are having hardships of their own. They need a legal mediator to work something out. But, both seem to be pretty block headed, so that's not happening

Back