Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED NWA Started The Age Of Destruction In The Black Community

test
It’s good for the community or bad for the community

You can’t be indifferent about it.

That's not true. Killing someone with a gun is good if you're defending others and bad if you're just committing murder. This black and white perspective you're trying to push isn't reality. There are black people that would have been robbing, dealing to, and killing other black people if not for the opportunity given to them by rap. That's good. There are impressionable youths that might have been influenced to do bad things because of what they saw in rap videos. That's bad. It's a mixed bag.

That's not true. Killing someone with a gun is good if you're defending others and bad if you're just committing murder. This black and white perspective you're trying to push isn't reality. There are black people that would have been robbing, dealing to, and killing other black people if not for the opportunity given to them by rap. That's good. There are impressionable youths that might have been influenced to do bad things because of what they saw in rap videos. That's bad. It's a mixed bag.
Why are are bringing up murder?

influence from rap reaches to so many aspect of how people act.

Why are are bringing up murder?

influence from rap reaches to so many aspect of how people act.

It was an analogy showing how the impact of having guns available to the public can be positive or negative depending on the circumstances. The same is true for HipHop. Your claim that it has to be either one thing or the other isn't true. Very few issues in today's world are that simple.

Always loved Special Ed.

And no honest and informed person can dismiss out of hand that. by glorifying negative behavior, gangsta rap caused a lot of harm to black communities.

I think people give hip hop too much power. It's just entertainment but with a twist of reality. No one that critiques hip hop wants to address the reality of where these rappers come from.

Public Enemy is cut from the same cloth and just as raw in a different way.

I was in high school when NWA first came out.

I remember hearing Eazy E's album, and later Straight Outta Compton for the first time.

They were the first entertainers on any level (actors, singers, rappers) that rapped about senseless violence with no moral to the story.

I mean, the song Straight Outta Compton is about killing people for no reason. I've never heard anything like that until NWA.

I thought the opinion being pushed on here was HipHop is dead... at least in this current generation

....but rap STILL outchea influencing kids to commit crime and be juvenile?

Must be surely two sides...

I don't think people started walking around with their pants sagging around their waist until Hip Hop came out.

In my opinion that's a negative influence.

The community really engages in some of the dumbest dialogues. "Did NWA start the destruction in the black community?"

Shut. The. Entire. Fuck. Up.

Rosewood, Seneca, Black Wall Street, AMERICA started the downfall of the black community the minute we attempted to have community without white ownership. Now, a nigga come out the crates of rap history, and wants to insist a group talking about the ills around them started the fall? The group who had no ownership? The group who got jeeps when they were generating millions?

No.

The community really engages in some of the dumbest dialogues. "Did NWA start the destruction in the black community?"

Shut. The. Entire. Fuck. Up.

Rosewood, Seneca, Black Wall Street, AMERICA started the downfall of the black community the minute we attempted to have community without white ownership. Now, a nigga come out the crates of rap history, and wants to insist a group talking about the ills around them started the fall? The group who had no ownership? The group who got jeeps when they were generating millions?

No.

Wasn't NWA called CIA before I wouldn't say they had no ownership. Jerry Heller had a hand in their creation and their pushing of the negative instead of pushing positive messages. But thats an industry thing as much as I like NWA they did push a certain agenda.

Back