Welcome To aBlackWeb

NJPW/IMPACT/Indy Wrestling News/Events Thread

I'm watching this now. I pretty much skimmed through the Monster's Ball match since I don't enjoy PCO in the slightest. I will never get the appeal.

Considering how big KENTA was in NOAH, it's wild to see him lose to Sabin, who, at both their peaks, would not even be in the same conversation as KENTA. Both KENTA and Alex Shelly are two wrestlers whose careers I thought would go a lot different than they have. I thought both would go on to be much bigger stars than what they have achieved so far. Not that they underachieved.

I'm about to watch Ospreay vs Speedball. I have heard of Speedball, but I may have only seen one match, maybe. He's popular but seems pretty generic. Hopefully after this match i'm on the bandwagon. Though not to sound too much like VKM, but it doesn't hurt wrestlers to look like more than ordinary citizens who just happened to wonder into a wrestling ring; these guys have bodies as if they never weight lift or try to build any muscle. It sort of takes away the idea that they are special. But we'll see how the match goes.

Damn, Mike Bailey is pretty decent in the ring. Very solid match with Ospreay. But damn, the amount of punishment these guys put on each other is insane. There were about 3 or 4 moves that should have ended the match. If Bailey is booked to push Ospreay this far to get a W, TNA should be pushing Bailey like he's next up. There are very few finishers left in wrestling; everyone... and I mean everyone someone has DragonBall fighting spirit because everyone kicks out of everything.

I hope Ospreay still has a body left when he starts appearing more regularly on mainstream wrestling (if he signs with a N. American promotion at all). This duds takes a beating in most of his matches.

Back