Nicki Minaj says this generation of female rappers can't take criticism

Kinda funny to imagine Nicki gettin mad at females that more than likely don't write their raps and have little to no creative control. Can't be given the world bars when the label want you to shake that ass. Nick needs to speak to the manager....

Reactions: RozayTabernacle
Wait... she said she's seen it happen recently.

Last noteworthy female rapper to drop was Meg Thee Stallion November last year. It just made platinum this past July.

This may be who Nicki was talking about.

Nicki Minaj Boycotts Hot 97 Summer Jam 2012 Concert
PUBLISHED ON : JUNE 4, 2012 / 02:47 AM

While hosting a pre-show festival that featured performances by Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T. and A$AP Rocky, Rosenberg reportedly said the warm-up performances featured “real hip hop” and fans shouldn’t expect to hear any “Starships.” Clearly referring to Minaj’s pop-flavored hit, the comment was not well received by anyone in the Young Money camp. Lil Wayne promptly tweeted, “Young Money ain’t doing Summer Jam.”

Minaj soon followed suit with a string of tweets of her own. “Wow. U n----- just f----- up history. But the President has spoken,” the Queens MC wrote.

Reactions: Otune
The Five Best Moments From Nicki Minaj’s Hot 97 Rebuttal
June 5, 2012

• “I’m a grown-ass woman, and everyone is grown enough to keep their opinions to themselves in order to give people a great time. I’ve traveled all around the world, and people come with one agenda, and that is to have a good time. Not to have their favorite artist be ridiculed or be made fun of. I am not a joke.”

• “There hasn’t been one single solitary human being in the history of the world, a female rapper, to sell more than my first or second album in the first week.”

• “When you disrespect Nicki Minaj — and I don’t care if it was in front of 2,000 people, which can equate to 2 million people when it’s streaming live — you’re disrespecting my fans. See, I don’t have a problem with anyone saying what they have to say to me. But don’t make those 3 million people that downloaded ‘Starships’ or whatever they downloaded, don’t make them feel like they’re inferior in any way for their personal taste in music.”

• “If it’s all love and you want the fans to see everyone, know that Nicki Minaj sold a lot of tickets for yesterday, and know that she deserves love and respect. And for you to single out one female on the bill, if that’s not some bitch-ass shit — for this person to single out the only female on the bill? I’m holding it down for women.”

• “THERE ISN’T A BITCH ALIVE — and when I say bitch I’m including men, because when they act like that they’re bitches — there isn’t a human being alive, that God has created on this planet earth, that could scare me out of doing a show. I get money. I get money.”

The more Nicki talks the more I realize this bitch is completely unattractive. She literally does this bs all the time where she wct like she don't be on the same bs.

Reactions: RozayTabernacle
The Queens rapper hopped on Live earlier this week and spoke on the state of female rap. During the live, Nicki Minaj said this generation of female rappers don’t take Criticism well. Nicki said,

“The new females, it’s almost like they don’t want to be critiqued ever. It’s like everyone is just supposed to praise you 24/7. Why would you even want that? Let me tell you what happens when that happens. What happens is when you put out an album, the sales won’t translate because people have been lying to you, and they haven’t told you they don’t like a song, or they don’t like this, or they don’t like that.”

Nicki went on to speak more about honesty. She said,

“Then when you put an album out and you thinking everybody love you. I’ve seen it recently happen. You know they put an album out, and it doesn’t sell what they want it to sell. Well, that’s because a lot of people are lying to you for whatever reason. You should want people to be honest with you.”

She married a rapist her opinions means nothing

nicki a legend.

nicki don’t get credit outside of her base and actual rappers.

the female rappers being promoted are bad, even the best of them is just tolerable

may be easy advice for me to dismiss but a young bitch may wanna listen to the 15 year vet most accomplished woman MC

nicki a legend.

the female rappers being promoted are bad, even the best of them is just tolerable

may be easy advice for me to dismiss but a young bitch may wanna listen to the 15 year vet most accomplished woman MC

She trash bro lol and as stated her opinion holds no weight. She ain’t drop no classic

nicki a legend.

She's just as trash as the broads who she's talking about

Help me understand something.

This thread is about Nicki's comments about female rappers who can't take criticism...

And yet a handful of people immediately deflected to "BUT WHAT ABOUT MEN THAT COMMIT RAPE AND PEDOPHILIA!!??"

How does your mind jump to that?