Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Player Josh Giddey accused of dealing with an underaged girl... AKA the pitchforks are out for Malika Andrews

It’s basically in line with what I said a few weeks ago, about us as black men being at the bottom of the totem pole in the society. Not that I believe that we’re worthless, but because that’s where we are in this society. Everybody got all the smoke and energy to talk about us, it’s because they know that you could do so really with little backlash or consequence. On ESPN when they were talking about Von Miller, they were saying that they don’t know the particulars yet, but they even felt safe to say don’t put your hands on a woman. They didn’t feel safe to say, men do not have sex with young girls and check their identification to make sure that they are young girls. It is what it is, and I don’t know why niggas still playing the denial game.

I would if I was wrong but I wasn't. You were adamant NBA Today wouldn't mention the topic and they did. So you and plenty others looked dumb for thinking a show that was off the air would make a special episode just for you. Nice try
Guy...

fuck NBA today I am correct about the protection of white Josh Giddey in general. He's being shielded from criticism because hes white and you pretended that's not the case. Meanwhile your princess Malika got booed by an arena full of people, who obviously see things my way and not yours.

Again staying on the safe side of an issue is not always the CORRECT side. I've been trying to teach yall that for yearsssss

Reactions: GNS
Lol hilarious bro said it’s a rumor going on… ain’t no rumors

He basically admitted to smashing her his excuse is he didn’t know she was 15

Kevin Hart basically said "I'm not getting sued". Which is the stance alot would take on that topic without knowing the full details. And given that the average person information on this has come from social media it's not smart to go on tv talking like an expert on it. Pat Bev should've got him on a question about the difference in coverage not the Giddey specifics. That's the way to talk about it without getting a lawsuit at your door.

Guy...

fuck NBA today I am correct about the protection of white Josh Giddey in general. He's being shielded from criticism because hes white and you pretended that's not the case. Meanwhile your princess Malika got booed by an arena full of people, who obviously see things my way and not yours.

Again staying on the safe side of an issue is not always the CORRECT side. I've been trying to teach you all that for yearsssss

I never said Giddey wasn't being given protection by the media in general. So once again you're wrong. I said that you and others being mad at Malika for not making a statement when the show wasn't on air shows your stupid and your issue is more with her than Giddey and the lack of coverage but you're too dumb to realize you're hurting your own argument that way.

Kevin Hart basically said "I'm not getting sued". Which is the stance alot would take on that topic without knowing the full details. And given that the average person information on this has come from social media it's not smart to go on tv talking like an expert on it. Pat Bev should've got him on a question about the difference in coverage not the Giddey specifics. That's the way to talk about it without getting a lawsuit at your door.
Kevin Hart is not the one who said it was a rumor going on….

Also no one is getting sued in this matter for obvious reasons

Kevin Hart is not the one who said it was a rumor going on….

Also no one is getting sued in this matter for obvious reasons

As careful as Kevin Hart has played it for over a decade ain't no way in hell he was gonna answer that. He's made it a point to say how he never even touches controversial topics for that very reason. Hence his "I'm a brand" response. But answering questions about shit or a situation you don't know full details on in general is never a good idea. Especially on a large platform.

I never said Giddey wasn't being given protection by the media in general. So once again you're wrong. I said that you and others being mad at Malika for not making a statement when the show wasn't on air shows your stupid and your issue is more with her than Giddey and the lack of coverage but you're too dumb to realize you're hurting your own argument that way.
Nobody's mad at Malika for not giving a statement. There's nothing Malika Andrews can do for anybody besides get off the air.

And nobody really gives a fuck about Josh Giddey and situation.

People are mad at the injustice of Black men being framed in the media as thugs and sexual predators and it being blasted on TV 24/7.

Malika is just super obvious about it and the Josh Giddey situation is a great example of it.

Young White man, caught out here slipping and people are afraid to talk about it.

Meanwhile, Young Black men caught slipping, nobody is afraid to talk about it. ESPN will talk about it for hours and scold us for hours.

And the question is why? And we know the answer, Black men as a group are always under suspicion and White men are not. Black men as a whole are an underclass and White men are not.

ESPN has showed itself to be the sports version of A Birth of Nation at this point.

Any rumor or conjecture of criminality or misbehavior by Black men will be scolded and ridiculed judged by the media and White men will have their day in court.

The constant comment that nobody cares about him allegedly sleeping with a minor is gross and crazy as hell

Also this thread proves people cared that Malika didn't comment on it. The title change was because of it. Like wtf. Did you even read the damn thread?

I don’t necessarily like to speak for others, but when people say that they don’t care about what Josh Giddh did? They are speaking from the perspective of Josh, being a random white guy, who committed a crime, and that in itself? Opens the door for us to use that as a way to advance our quotes. So it could’ve been Chet Holmgren, Christian McCaffrey, Mark Andrews, Pat McAfee, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tommy DeVito it doesn’t matter. Not to say that them committing a crime is something that’s OK, that’s not the case. It’s that black men no matter how big or small in terms of status? Whatever crime is committed? It be used as a way to keep locking down and paint us as devious. Versus white men no matter what they do, and no matter who does it there’s always a good excuse.

Nobody's mad at Malika for not giving a statement. There's nothing Malika Andrews can do for anybody besides get off the air.

And nobody really gives a fuck about Josh Giddey and situation.

People are mad at the injustice of Black men being framed in the media as thugs and sexual predators and it being blasted on TV 24/7.

Malika is just super obvious about it and the Josh Giddey situation is a great example of it.

Young White man, caught out here slipping and people are afraid to talk about it.

Meanwhile, Young Black men caught slipping, nobody is afraid to talk about it. ESPN will talk about it for hours and scold us for hours.

And the question is why? And we know the answer, Black men as a group are always under suspicion and White men are not. Black men as a whole are an underclass and White men are not.

ESPN has showed itself to be the sports version of A Birth of Nation at this point.

Any rumor or conjecture of criminality or misbehavior by Black men will be scolded and ridiculed judged by the media and White men will have their day in court.

Nobody disputes the framing of Black athletes in the media. But I'd believe that first part if the whole outrage towards her over the incident not being mentioned on the show started after the show came back after it went off the air for multiple days over a holiday weekend instead of days before.

Nobody disputes the framing of Black athletes in the media. But I'd believe that first part if the whole outrage towards her over the incident not being mentioned on the show started after the show came back after it went off the air for multiple days over a holiday weekend instead of days before.

Nobody that is critical of Malika Andrews, that watches ESPN, sports media, NBA content religiously, seriously believes that Malika Andrews will ever have the same attitude towards any Black male as she does White men.

It's the same with Stephen A. Smith.

Both of them got up there and did the bare minimum because they know the protocol.

Even Adam Silver sat up there and said that it is a legal matter and they don't suspend players based off of allegations but Adam Silver fucking suspended Ja Morant over grainy ass Instagram Live clips and said it's conduct detrimental to the league.

So Josh Giddey not only doesn't have his character assassinated on ESPN, don't have to answer any questions, give any interviews, don't have to explain himself, but the videos and photos isn't enough to the damage the reputation of the league.

Ja Morant didn't even do anything that can be accused of being illegal. He just like guns, and gangster rap

I don’t necessarily like to speak for others, but when people say that they don’t care about what Josh Giddh did? They are speaking from the perspective of Josh, being a random white guy, who committed a crime, and that in itself? Opens the door for us to use that as a way to advance our quotes. So it could’ve been Chet Holmgren, Christian McCaffrey, Mark Andrews, Pat McAfee, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tommy DeVito it doesn’t matter. Not to say that them committing a crime is something that’s OK, that’s not the case. It’s that black men no matter how big or small in terms of status? Whatever crime is committed? It be used as a way to keep locking down and paint us as devious. Versus white men no matter what they do, and no matter who does it there’s always a good excuse.

This is the trap that Black people fall into when pointing out injustice that happens to them.

How you gonna care about yourself and everybody else? You can't do both. Like, I am on part of a bottom caste, why the fuck would I care about the upper crust for? I am for my kind, I ain't for everybody.

You don't see poor people crying over the deaths of the rich and powerful. Crying over drug habits of the young and famous. Why the fuck I'ma care about some shit as innocuous as Josh Giddey getting tricked by a groupie essentially?

I am not even talking about that, I am talking about the status of Black American men and this shit is just a clear example of it that everyone can see and understand

People don't have to care about shit that doesn't actually affect them directly. People care for their kind and situation, they don't care for outsiders. All types of fucked up shit going on in the world, I ain't gonna care about no shitty ass basketball player getting caught up with groupies that he ain't age check.

Josh Giddey is a shitty ass basketball player and he can drop dead tomorrow or drop 50 tomorrow or go to jail tomorrow. It makes no difference to me.

This is the trap that Black people fall into when pointing out injustice that happens to them.

How you gonna care about yourself and everybody else? You can't do both. Like, I am on part of a bottom caste, why the fuck would I care about the upper crust for? I am for my kind, I ain't for everybody.

You don't see poor people crying over the deaths of the rich and powerful. Crying over drug habits of the young and famous. Why the fuck I'ma care about some shit as innocuous as Josh Giddey getting tricked by a groupie essentially?

I am not even talking about that, I am talking about the status of Black American men and this shit is just a clear example of it that everyone can see and understand

People don't have to care about shit that doesn't actually affect them directly. People care for their kind and situation, they don't care for outsiders. All types of fucked up shit going on in the world, I ain't gonna care about no shitty ass basketball player getting caught up with groupies that he ain't age check.

Josh Giddey is a shitty ass basketball player and he can drop dead tomorrow or drop 50 tomorrow or go to jail tomorrow. It makes no difference to me.
I don’t see it as a trap, but a literal crime against BM. White and black are inextricably linked. My big issue is when again, some one white does something, there is like this minimalistic approach to how much vitriol can be aimed in their direction. Yet when it comes down to us, it’s like they take the frustration that she would built off of what they did, and add on their workload to us. It’s like living in the household with someone, and the two of you accrue dishes, but your parent only yells at one of you to wash them. So not only do you have to wash your plate, you have to wash their plate too. Not only do you have to wash your clothes, have to wash your clothes too. You have to make up your bed and then their bed.

Josh Giddey not having his case pushed adds to the argument of what’s always been highlighted: That white men typically have their problems, explained with proper nuance, context, and everything else in between. Yet our problems are almost always, just marginalized. Which to me is a very unfair thing to do. Especially when you’re trying to navigate in this field of life. I don’t expect them to be fair, I don’t expect them to call it what it is. Yet those things weigh negatively against us. Simply because they add extra negative effects to us and what we do. So when they get into a problem, it’s explained properly. When we get into a problem, it’s not. They add extra barbecue sauce to make their cases look intricate and get you to understand why it happened, yet with us they make it just seem like it’s a human thing with us. Like there’s something wrong with us down to a cellular level.

Back