Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason Thread

That would be DeRozan. Kawhi will be a free agent in a year. Free to leave any team that trades for him with nothing.

So DeRozan is MORE valuable and can command more Trade value than Kawhi Leonard? Ok

You’re overstating things. By that logic, Kevin Durant is less valuable than one of these 2nd year players on their rookie deal because, KD “will be a free agent in a year”.

Cmon fam

How are they going to fit Kawhi on a roster with Lowry, Ibaka, Derozan and Valanciunas all making big money

Moving Derozan is the only option for Toronto.....Spurs aren't taking back Lowry, Ibaka or JV

Again I think Toronto would be okay with Kawhi leaving after one year and shedding Derozans contract is the main goal

As a gm getting sonned the way Toronto did in the playoffs completely changes the way you view your team and the direction you want to go mvoving forward

Their trade exceptions expired but they could easily make that happen if they want, Powell is making about half of what Kawhi is, if they have to give out a non guaranteed deal or if CJ Miles had to be part of the deal so be it

What the Raptors is doing makes no sense.

If they wanna get rid of Derozan, which I understand and agree with, they should try to get something for him.

If they trade him, a youngin, and a pick for Kawhi and he leaves in a year, the raptors not only lost Derozan and a pick but also lose what they could have possibily got for Derozan.

Masai been wanted to blow up the raptors but they kept winning and being "contenders" lol

So if toronto trades for kahwi and still don't win the east then he can blow it up they have nothin to lose either way

Kahwi is not staying with the raptors or whoever trades for him this won't be a pg situation he's going to l.a. july 2019 period

Lakers or Clippers and jerry west hates the lakers with a passion now, he's gonna try to get kahwi just so he body the lakers

I don’t see why the Spurs would want Derozan either why would they want to take on that contract, unless they have enough cap to make a big signing next year to put with him and LA I guess, but other than that unless they swindle the Raptors and get picks with Derozan it doesn’t help them short or long term

So DeRozan is MORE valuable and can command more Trade value than Kawhi Leonard? Ok

You’re overstating things. By that logic, Kevin Durant is less valuable than one of these 2nd year players on their rookie deal because, KD “will be a free agent in a year”.

Cmon fam

Your post said more team/trade value in a year. In a year Derozan will still be under contract while Kawhi won't. How is he a value to your team if he can leave you high and dry at that point? Unless you're foreseeing Kawhi doing a sign and trade in this scenario. Or outright signing with Toronto.

Realistically kings probably creating space to take on a contract for a pick since they don't have their '19 1st

But I wouldn't put nothin past that dumb ass franchise

Your post said more team/trade value in a year. In a year Derozan will still be under contract while Kawhi won't. How is he a value to your team if he can leave you high and dry at that point? Unless you'reforeseeing Kawhi doing a sign and trade in this scenario. Or outright signing with Toronto.

Im saying, I’m not going to try and predict the future.

Some have said Kawhi doesn’t want to play with Lebron. We don’t know how the Lakers will gel or perform next year. Maybe Bron and Magic would rather a few savvy vets and/ or valuable young pieces than Kawhi. Maybe the Raps somehow find themselves in a better situation to compete than the Clippers... we don’t know.

What I do know is this trade would put the Raps in better position than they were before it. They aren’t going to get anything better for what they have. Complementary pieces and draft picks are a dime a dozen. HOF talent doesn’t come around often to a franchise like Toronto.

Back