Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason Thread

That Lakers/Cavs semi was good as hell. I like Sexton. Kid's a dog.

Hart is ready. Svi impresses me more and more every damn game.

If Svi keeps droppin' buckets w/ no emotion and complete confidence like he's been doing, (which I think he will) he's going to log some significant minutes mid to late season.

He's been about as impressive as can be for a mid 2nd round pick imo.

Last edited:
Man I hope Toronto gets Kawhi but I don’t know why these reports have Derozan as part of the deal, wouldn’t the point be to go all in one year with Kawhi, Derozan and Lowry and hope you make a long awaited finals appearance? Even on the Spurs end what do they want with Derozan and that contract? I’d rather grab an assortment of the youngins they have and picks, including a future pick since it’s going to crumble in Toronto when Kawhi bounces and Lowry and Ibaka are about 2 years away from being washed, but if they grab Kawhi it will be a crazy Atlantic division race and it will be pivotal for Boston, Toronto and Philly to grab the 1st seed

DeRozan is an asset for either team. An All NBA talent who can be flipped for more assets or someone who can be 2nd or their fiddle on a really good team with pieces around him

DeRozan is an asset for either team. An All NBA talent who can be flipped for more assets or someone who can be 2nd or their fiddle on a really good team with pieces around him
Yeah but John's point is why trade clayface for kawhi when that's a lateral move basketball wise for Toronto? Then from a salary standpoint, why take the salary on instead of a future pick since raps gonna be trash soon

My thing is, you need to include Lowry or clay in that deal anyways for the spurs to take it

I agree with your point on Lowry.

Disagree that’s a Lateral move. Kawhi is much better than DeRozan especially on the defensive end. You could actually build a team around Kawhi.

Teams are going to have salary issues, it’s a given in this landscape unless you want to start clean and build through the draft (or you have a top tier GM). Raps don’t believe they can do that and ever be relevant again. Plus you don’t have talent begging to come to Toronto - if you have a rare shot a Top 3 player, you do what you have to in order to get him.

Yea I’m not interested in becoming a perennial middling team if I’m the Spurs unless they believe putting Derozan with LA, Danny Green, Murray, etc... would be enough to come out the west, I’m thinking developing guys and loading up on assets and think a few years down the road, if Raptors made that trade it means they wanted to get rid of him in the first place since essentially you’re trading him for a one year rental, no sense for either team if anything a deal centered around Valacuinnas would make more sense

Y'all missing the big picture for Toronto, Masai Ujiri is a smart dude and I think knows the team they have has peaked.......he wants to dump Derozan and start the rebuild process

I'm pretty sure they know the chances of keeping Kawhi are slim but they would have a year to try to make one more run in the East before they blow it up

If Kawhi wants to stay in Toronto cool if not they got Derozan off the books and just cleared 27 mil in cap space and can start working to shed the salary of Lowry, Ibaka and Valanciunas next

Y'all missing the big picture for Toronto, Masai Ujiri is a smart dude and I think knows the team they have has peaked.......he wants to dump Derozan and start the rebuild process

I'm pretty sure they know the chances of keeping Kawhi are slim but they would have a year to try to make one more run in the East before they blow it up

If Kawhi wants to stay in Toronto cool if not they got Derozan off the books and just cleared 27 mil in cap space and can start working to shed the salary of Lowry, Ibaka and Valanciunas next

This would make sense if they were not giving up "some combination of OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam and future draft pick compensation".

I get your overall point, but man, its a big gamble. Not everyone is Paul George.

This would make sense if they were not giving up "some combination of OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam and future draft pick compensation".

I get your overall point, but man, its a big gamble. Not everyone is Paul George.

Aye I agree, that would be a lot to give up for a 1 year rental but I think Toronto feels like it's worth it

I'm extremely high on OG's defensive potential so I definitely understand how hard it would be to give him up

I agree with your point on Lowry.

Disagree that’s a Lateral move. Kawhi is much better than DeRozan especially on the defensive end. You could actually build a team around Kawhi.

Teams are going to have salary issues, it’s a given in this landscape unless you want to start clean and build through the draft (or you have a top tier GM). Raps don’t believe they can do that and ever be relevant again. Plus you don’t have talent begging to come to Toronto - if you have a rare shot a Top 3 player, you do what you have to in order to get him.
Yeah but you are giving up clay, OG, siakam, and a pick or something

Then you are left with

Lowry/vanfleet
Powell?/wright
Kawhi/??
Ibaka/??
Jonas/poetl

With NICK NURSE coaching

What's the difference?

Yeah but you are giving up clay, OG, siakam, and a pick or something

Then you are left with

Lowry/vanfleet
Powell?/wright
Kawhi/??
Ibaka/??
Jonas/poetl

With NICK NURSE coaching

What's the difference?

Who says the Raps are done making moves? With a player like Kawhi, how much more do you need to compete in the East?

IMO that whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s not a play for now, it’s a play for the future.

Who says the Raps are done making moves? With a player like Kawhi, how much more do you need to compete in the East?

IMO that whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s not a play for now, it’s a play for the future.
You doing all this when kawhi said he's not resigning though lol

Neither was Paul George ...

Regrdless, who has more team value or trade value in a year - DeRozan or Kawhi?

One player is one dimensional and will be viewed as on the down side of his career, another is likely an All Timer in his prime.

This dynamic will be entertaining to watch

LaVar Ball Says He'd Beat LeBron James 1-on-1, Calls Lakers Star 'Too Weak'

hi-res-c3876e8f56a91c6009b98d46584a69a0_crop_north.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ebron-james-1-on-1-calls-lakers-star-too-weak

Regrdless, who has more team value or trade value in a year - DeRozan or Kawhi?

That would be DeRozan. Kawhi will be a free agent in a year. Free to leave any team that trades for him with nothing.

Yea but if the team they have includes Kawhi then they really haven’t peaked, he’s smart but he just handed out all those contracts so now he’s going to begin shedding them instead of going all in this one year now that Bron is out west and that hurdle is out the way? That don’t make any sense that’s like Celtics trading Pierce for Garnett instead of Al, Gerald, Gomes and them, yea KG is better than Pierce but it was lateral enough where it would of meant nothing in the end, and listen I liked Gomes defensive potential but even for one year of KG they could of kicked Gomes out the door so long

I also don’t think Derozan is unmovable they could probably even get a decent package for him after this year so it doesn’t make one ounce of sense on Toronto’s part to trade Derozan and not even straight up they want other shit for one year of Kawhi, Anounby and his defensive potential can get out of here, they were asking for three picks from Philly Spurs need to scale back on that

Yea but if the team they have includes Kawhi then they really haven’t peaked, he’s smart but he just handed out all those contracts so now he’s going to begin shedding them instead of going all in this one year now that Bron is out west and that hurdle is out the way? That don’t make any sense that’s like Celtics trading Pierce for Garnett instead of Al, Gerald, Gomes and them, yea KG is better than Pierce but it was lateral enough where it would of meant nothing in the end, and listen I liked Gomes defensive potential but even for one year of KG they could of kicked Gomes out the door so long

How are they going to fit Kawhi on a roster with Lowry, Ibaka, Derozan and Valanciunas all making big money

Moving Derozan is the only option for Toronto.....Spurs aren't taking back Lowry, Ibaka or JV

Again I think Toronto would be okay with Kawhi leaving after one year and shedding Derozans contract is the main goal

As a gm getting sonned the way Toronto did in the playoffs completely changes the way you view your team and the direction you want to go mvoving forward

Back