Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man foh. If I got guaranteed money out the gate why am I risking getting injured for that shit.

If you ain't get drafted or got drafted late second round yeah unfortunately you might have to go out there and prove something. What does Zion or any frp have to prove to anyone right now tho?

Let's stop acting like summer league is anything but another combine for niggas that didn't make the cut.

Why should he risk injury for summer league?
bingo

I said this before, you could tell in the first game there were niggas who was like, he aint about to show me up, and they was going extra hard on Zion. The pelicans just went through a buncha shit with their franchise player forcing his way out, and they trying to do a rebrand. A hurt zion doesnt help that cause b/c some insecure second year player dont wanna be a highlight

Man foh. If I got guaranteed money out the gate why am I risking getting injured for that shit.

If you ain't get drafted or got drafted late second round yeah unfortunately you might have to go out there and prove something. What does Zion or any frp have to prove to anyone right now tho?

Let's stop acting like summer league is anything but another combine for niggas that didn't make the cut.

Why should he risk injury for summer league?

I kinda hear where you are coming from but I disagree.

If you haven't signed your contract or have some type of injuries I can understand not playing in Summer League. One of the reasons most teams would like to have their players attended and take part in the games is to see what things their players are good and bad at in a some what NBA game setting. Practice can only help so much if you aren't applying the things you learned in a game setting.

Yeah there is preseason to learn things but the rookies are still a little bit more behind the 8 ball due to not really playing an actual competitive game. That's why Mitchell and Trier stated what they did. Playing Summer League could also help players land more lucrative endorsements if they really show out while there

Players could get hurt practicing, vacationing or chilling at home relaxing so using getting hurt as an excuse when you already signed a contract isn't the best excuse. Not to mention if you do get hurt the team is still paying for the surgery and your time. Lol.

I kinda hear where you are coming from but I disagree.

If you haven't signed your contract or have some type of injuries I can understand not playing in Summer League. One of the reasons most teams would like to have their players attended and take part in the games is to see what things their players are good and bad at in a some what NBA game setting. Practice can only help so much if you aren't applying the things you learned in a game setting.

Yeah there is preseason to learn things but the rookies are still a little bit more behind the 8 ball due to not really playing an actual competitive game. That's why Mitchell and Trier stated what they did. Playing Summer League could also help players land more lucrative endorsements if they really show out while there

Players could get hurt practicing, vacationing or chilling at home relaxing so using getting hurt as an excuse when you already signed a contract isn't the best excuse. Not to mention if you do get hurt the team is still paying for the surgery and your time. Lol.
good counter

i would also argue, if you a team in rebuilding, how much is a rookie gonna show you in a 2 week tournament vs an 82 game season?

There will be things learned on the fly that SL just not gonna cover. I get it though, its a chance for the fans to get an early peek at the new crop of rookies, but like i said, they going against dudes on the bubble and in some cases 2nd and 3rd year players.

good counter

i would also argue, if you a team in rebuilding, how much is a rookie gonna show you in a 2 week tournament vs an 82 game season?

There will be things learned on the fly that SL just not gonna cover. I get it though, its a chance for the fans to get an early peek at the new crop of rookies, but like i said, they going against dudes on the bubble and in some cases 2nd and 3rd year players.

I'm not even looking at it from a fan perspective. Lol

Playing against those grown men who are hungry as hell to get a roster spot is a huge step up from the NCAA players most of these young men faced before. It's a pretty good way to see how some of these guys will deal with the step up in competition and being challenged. I agree a few games isn't going to show everything but it can help coaching staffs and the players learn some stuff.

The talent level only gets tougher after the Summer League and if some players struggle early it can be a great teaching moment, it could help some under confident players see they might belong or humble some overconfident players which makes them more open to coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back