NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to find good fits when I think about who could use a Derozan

A shooting guard who cant shoot 3s or defend isnt the easiest player to plug in but apparently "several" teams have expressed interest

I think Dallas would be a good fit. Needs shooters around him. Brooklyn would be a good fit too. Him kyrie and kd would be a problem.
Denver wouldn't be a bad spot either.

Reactions: southsil4lil
Pops got fleeced at the highest level.

Could have young assets but now he got literally nothing.

What young assets? The Clippers were the only team besides the Raptors that was willing to some what give a good deal for Kawhi. The Clippers supposed deal was a draft pick a draft swap and an expiring Tobias Harris. The Lakers (offered a couple or picks and Ingram and that's it), 76ers (no Simmons or Embiid and wouldn't even add Fultz at the time), and Celtics (wouldn't trade none of their starting 5 at the time) low balled the fucked out of San Antonio.

I like our young guards in Dejounte Murray, Derrick White, and Lonnie Walker IV. I also like the guys we drafted this season including our 2nd round pick.

They took Toronto's deal because it moved Kawhi out of the West, got back an all-star under a short term contract , a solid young player, and a draft pick. They were not going to keep Kawhi on the roster because unlike Anthony Davis, Kawhi didn't want to play in games. So he most likely would have held out again with an injury or the media would be asking about the injury from the previous season all throughout the year which would just continue the same locker room issues.

Reactions: King Freeman
What young assets? The Clippers were the only team besides the Raptors that was willing to some what give a good deal for Kawhi. The Clippers supposed deal was a draft pick a draft swap and an expiring Tobias Harris. The Lakers (offered a couple or picks and Ingram and that's it), 76ers (no Simmons or Embiid and wouldn't even add Fultz at the time), and Celtics (wouldn't trade none of their starting 5 at the time) low balled the fucked out of San Antonio.

I like our young guards in Dejounte Murray, Derrick White, and Lonnie Walker IV. I also like the guys we drafted this season including our 2nd round pick.

They took Toronto's deal because it moved Kawhi out of the West, got back an all-star under a short term contract , a solid young player, and a draft pick. They were not going to keep Kawhi on the roster because unlike Anthony Davis, Kawhi didn't want to play in games. So he most likely would have held out again with an injury or the media would be asking about the injury from the previous season all throughout the year which would just continue the same locker room issues.

I been explained it to this retard. Don't waste your breath.

Demar going to get traded

You never know.

Demar played well considering he had to change up his game a bit and learn a new system and teammates. I think if he comes in and plays a bit better defense ( he actually wasn't awful most games) and shoots from 3 at the league average % they might keep him. I honestly don't think it's a full gone conclusion he is traded or even leaves as a free agent because he is really good friends with Rudy Gay who likes it in San Antonio and he seems to like Pop, the coaching staff, and his other teammates.

I think if they were to do a trade maybe they could get in on the Bradley Beal action by trading DeMar's expiring, Dejounte, and a 1st round pick. But I don't see them trading a lot of picks because they do so well drafting

Last edited:
SA wasn’t trying to trade period.

They could have told them what they wanted but Pop wanted to stick it to LA and got fleeced like no other team since The Herschel Walker trade.

SA literally gave away a top 3 players for literally nothing

• Cap
Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
SA wasn’t trying to trade period.

They could have told them what they wanted but Pop wanted to stick it to LA and got fleeced like no other team since The Herschel Walker trade.

SA literally gave away a top 3 players for literally nothing

You're still talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish the Rockets would've got him instead of Chandler

he was still on the roster tho lol

but i understand what you were trying to say

i hope dude land on his feet ok

i think had the roster stayed relatively the same, he would've made the opening day roster, but there has been so much turnover, it makes sense to let him go somewhere he can get minutes.

So it looks like teams are asking about DeMar but it's no rumblings about the Spurs wanting to trade him. I think if they are offered a good deal they will go for it but I don't see them just trading the guy to trade him like a lot of these media speculations that have been put out for public consumption.

They are going to see if the young players Summer League and practice habits translate to actual NBA game production 1st.

Who is he?

I tried to find a reputable source reporting this info yesterday and all I could find was people like Khris Johnson reporting it.

Exactly. It isn't any reputable sources because it's all conjecture Bobby Marks & Windhorse postulated due to DeMar having a player option after this upcoming season. Marks even came out a couple of days after he stated this by saying he was just making a guess and none of his comments were made due to things he had actually heard. Lol.

So teams are supposedly asking about Demar because of a reporter's speculation. This is what the media does now, they try and make the headlines instead of reporting them.

• Ether
Reactions: aka_og
So it looks like teams are asking about DeMar but it's no rumblings about the Spurs wanting to trade him. I think if they are offered a good deal they will go for it but I don't see them just trading the guy to trade him like a lot of these media speculations that have been put out for public consumption.

They are going to see if the young players Summer League and practice habits translate to actual NBA game production 1st.

Im intrigued by the Murray/White/Walker trio......wish one of them was like 6'6 or 6'7 but I like the potential

If(big if) they show and prove than Demar really doesnt fit or have a role on this team imo

Status
Not open for further replies.