Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're cherry picking because ain't nobody trying to dissect that whole post when we don't agree on the premise to begin with. You're obviously high on the Knicks offseason. I don't think you should be. It's really that simple.

Did the Knicks somewhat salvage what could have been a very bad offseason, a little.

Don't try to play down your use of phenomenal either. You chose that word for a reason. Stand behind it.

Now you're being intentionally obtuse. You're speaking as if someone could read my statement and reasonably deduce that I'd rate that Knicks offseason an A or higher. You'd be crazy to read what I wrote and come away with anything higher than a B (which is still higher than what I'd actually give). Because "nowhere near the top or middle of the conference" and "flip a few players at the bottom of our depth chart for additional assets to teams in the playoff hunt," are easily louder statements than anything any of you chose to quote.

I even said in a prior post in this thread that I'm cautiously optimistic. You all disagree with my slight optimism, fair enough, but I haven't said anything unreasonable.

And still no one has listed the many teams that have more talented deeper rosters.

@unSCENE

I think the Knicks do have a couple of guys who can be solid trade chips midseason. Marcus Morris if he stays healthy is going to be one of those players that they will flip for sure

Easily a big get for us. If we're out of the playoff hunt come the trade deadline we should be able to push him for a 1st from a contending team. It just sucks how dirty he did you all because I don't think you guys trade Bertans otherwise. You could've kept Bertans and still worked out something with Trey Lyles.

But right now that's what it's all about for the Knicks: culture building, player development and asset acquisition. In that order.

As bad as Ryan Hollins is with his hot takes I think I found a guy who is just as if not worse.

Introducing Jason McIntyre

It's not just that I find his takes bad (everybody in entitled to their own opinion, just make sense with your argument) it's his logic and obvious lack of watching or really knowing the players and time periods he is discussing that ticks me off. This guy is pretty bad as an NBA beat writer.

Nerlens Noel shoulda left and went to the rockets/wizards/Clippers if they had the money

But he could luck out and Adams could be traded

In the 90s when all those PFs were coming in the league (KG,Sheed,Webber,Mcdyess,Duncan,Dirk)

None of them wanted to guard Shaq,that's also how the "stretch big" became popular,the bigs didn't

wanna bang with Shaq.
Sheed and Duncan had to both guard him a few times anyway, but great point nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back