Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED NBA Draft 2024 (No Spoilers)

Added to Calendar: 06-26-24, 06-27-24

test
@southsil4lil

Tricky spot

If you confident in Amen then I don’t think you need to draft a PG in castle or Topic

Also don’t think anybody really jumps out for yall with all the young players you have but since you could use shooting it’s why I always mock Reed to yall even if I don’t think he’s the 3rd best player in the draft

You also have so many guards that I’m in favor of trading it to slide down to get a backup big

This is probably my real opinion:

I can see how you would trade the pick completely because you don’t really need it

Might be more valuable to trade that pick with a guy like Jalen Green

Having sengun, Jabari, and Eason to pay while already paying FVV and brooks is gonna be a thing

That's definitely something that has to be considered too....guys have to get paid soon

Only have limited time if you want to take on a player with high salary before things get expensive and you lose that option

Lot of layers to this that make this decision very complicated imo

That's definitely something that has to be considered too....guys have to get paid soon

Only have limited time if you want to take on a player with high salary before things get expensive and you lose that option

Lot of layers to this that make this decision very complicated imo
Yeah I mean either way it’s a good problem to have

Guys are going to have to be moved regardless

It’s just a question of when do you want to do it

Man I really like Wendell and I'm very intrigued by him shooting 37% from 3......I just dont know how I feel about giving up the 3rd pick for someone who won't start and we just traded for Steven Adams

i feel like if we trade the 3rd pick in the draft that has to be for someone who can start for us

I think he can play next to Sengun. Dell can step out and guard pretty well for a big. He can stick most 4s in the league and hold his own against wings and guards on switches

I think he can play next to Sengun. Dell can step out and guard pretty well for a big. He can stick most 4s in the league and hold his own against wings and guards on switches

I agree he could play next to Segun and be completely fine but than that would either mean sliding Jabari down to the 3 or coming off the bench which I'm not in favor of either option

Don't get it twisted, I really like Wendell Carter and I think he could absolutely fit on this team but if his role is a backup big especially when we just acquired Stevem Adams than I don't think you can trade the number 3 pick for that even in a weak draft

Need some unbiased opinions about the Rockets at 3....I know how I feel about this

@toheeb27
@A.F.R.I.C.A
@Gray Matter
@Sony Montana
@#1hiphopjunki3

@Hater Hearst Helmsley
@cj012890

Houston could go so many ways and I honestly have no clue what they will do, but I think they will be smart with how they move.

More shooting would be nice for the roster so Sheppard would fit nicely. They could cover his defensive deficiencies well and he could maybe learn how to become a point guard from Van Vleet. He could also share the back court with Thompson if they see him as the real point guard of the future. Sheppard also was a good off ball defender in school, so he could assist in causing turnovers defensively

If Zach is there, I could see Houston drafting him also. More shooting and a guy who can defend. The Rockets could go so many different ways with this pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade it though.

Clingan would be a huge reach in my opinion with that pick and I don’t see Stone doing something like that.

Risacher….

I think he might go top 2. No telling what Washington or Atlanta is going to do. I like the uncertainty of this draft.

I hate it for us a bit, but it definitely makes it fun to speculate
Lmao oh I thought you meant Edey

I think sarr and Risacher are locks at 1 and 2 there’s nothing I’ve seen from anybody that could challenge them for that

And that’s why the 3rd pick is tricky in itself

Finding the 3rd best prospect when it’s extremely hard to

If y'all are going to keep the pick, and it has to be one this five, I would probably go with Buzelis.

Expanding the options beyond this five, I would consider Cody Williams (or Dalton Knecht), if not Buzelis.

By the way, I am not saying that any of these dudes will end up being top 3 on my big board. But for a team like Houston with so much talent already, there's no reason why they should take a risky player like Ron Holland (who will probably end up being top 3 for me).

Back