Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nas Says Current Generation of Rappers Don't Keep Him 'Up at Night'

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
During a recent interview with the Financial Times, Nas spoke briefly about the current generation of rappers and whether any of the new artists pose any sort of competition.

“I appreciate what’s out there, but there’s no one keeping me up at night,” said Nas. “I hear a new rap record and think it’s great, but I don’t listen to it the next week.”

The one young rapper that seems to have caught Nas's eye was the late Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke. “We were happy to see that young king come up,” he said. “He was a breath of fresh air. The drill movement in London, Chicago, and New York is really exciting.”

Pop Smoke dying so early was one of the wackest shit man. Dude was truly a breath of fresh air in a game that was starving for a talent to make their own wave. My biggest issue with hip hop is niggas be scared to stand out and creative to make their own wave. Different Waves in hip hop is when hip hop is fun, these new niggas be on some Lebron monkey see monkey do shit. Like not everyone has to be Drake, or Lil Baby, or Lil Durk.

Pop Smoke dying so early was one of the wackest shit man. Dude was truly a breath of fresh air in a game that was starving for a talent to make their own wave. My biggest issue with hip hop is niggas be scared to stand out and creative to make their own wave. Different Waves in hip hop is when hip hop is fun, these new niggas be on some Lebron monkey see monkey do shit. Like not everyone has to be Drake, or Lil Baby, or Lil Durk.

facts. everyone nowadays sound just like you cant even tell them apart

I think some of this is due to the fact that artists today don't actually do it for the love of the culture or artform. They like the music and they like the riches it can bring, but I don't think they actually respect or care about the craft. It's easier to just copy what's popular and push that than to come up with something through your own creative processes.

Pop was aight, Shake the Room was one of my favorite tracks, but I dont think he was going to push Hip-Hop further. He wasnt a good rapper at all. Style is great but you still need bars.

maybe not hiphop but he was bringing back newyork

Mainstream Hip Hop/ Rap needs a shake up from top to bottom from a creative and production standpoint, this shit is stagnant and repetitive as hell

I said this shit over 10+ yrs ago. Tbh mainstream hip-hop as been absolute shit since '05-06 so imo this shit ain't just started. I just watched that Aries Spears video and everything he said was dead on point. You either got those niggas that sound the same or you got these brauds like Megan, Cardi B, & Doja Cat promoting hoe themes in their music. What's fucked up is that Megan ain't even built like that but once niggas get "the machine" behind them they completely switch up to be mainstream marketable.

I feel the same way Nas does. I try to give new dudes a chance and 80 percent of the time I don’t fuck with em after the first listen. Pop Smoke seemed legit tho. Imagine how things would be going right now if him, Nipsey, Mac Miller, JuiceWorld & XXXtentacion were still around.. smh.

Last edited:
He said hip hop is dead 15 years ago and it couldn't be truer today.

At least when Nas said it rappers still had bars, even the backpackers were spitting

I remember when everyone said kendrick was the goat when he came out, he was good but it was because all other rappers were trash.

These new parasites don't even like the artform or performing, they only see it as a means to get money and clout.

When that wasn't even the point in the first place.

They even infiltrated the pop and rnb world where you had to have some sort of singing talent.

They can't do it with rock tho, because you actually have to play an instrument

I feel the same way Nas does. I try to give new dudes a chance and 80 percent of the time I don’t fuck with em after the first listen. Pop Smoke seemed legit tho. Imagine how things would be going right now if him, Nipsey, Mac Miller & JuiceWorld were still around.. smh.

was niggas really fuckin with mac miller like that ???

He said hip hop is dead 15 years ago and it couldn't be truer today.

At least when Nas said it rappers still had bars, even the backpackers were spitting

I remember when everyone said kendrick was the goat when he came out, he was good but it was because all other rappers were trash.

These new parasites don't even like the artform or performing, they only see it as a means to get money and clout.

When that wasn't even the point in the first place.

They even infiltrated the pop and rnb world where you had to have some sort of singing talent.

They can't do it with rock tho, because you actually have to play an instrument

i agree . hiphop got fucked up when rnb singers started to rap and hiphop artist started trying to hit high notes .

I feel what he's saying. I'll really fw a song and a week later have no motivation to hear it again. I've gone a step farther though...

...I used to jam to Natural Born Killaz no fucks given and now I be like....

"Spin on your block like a remix
Shoot him in the face, get his teeth lit
Extended clip like a broomstick
Shoot a flick like Netflix
Scratch a opp off the check-list
I just bought a gun off Craigslist
Shoot a opp in his brain, I'm leavin' a stain
Only thing you see is red shit"

giphy (5).gif

"These mfs violent!"

Back