Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
Simple Things is my favorite. Followed by everything.

After that i really dont know if im feeling anything else after 3 listens

How ya'll knocking jay for talking about his real life lol dude can't win.

Nas is also rich but we don't constantly hear him rapping about that materialistic shit, it just shows how weak and uninspired Jay is at this point he is doing it all just for money and it shows.

Yo. What are you talking about?

Shit is way too deep for me to break it down right now, and I haven't listened to the new Jay album so it would be unfair right now, I might give it a listen later but I pretty much already know what bullshit will be on there.

let me interject for a moment

after reading jokes and jokes of pages

i'ma drop my serious review after finally getting a chance to listen, then we can get back to the jokes

but first, I just wanna point out how goldie and I had a back and forth about an interview Vlad did with Jamar i think and how they were discussing how Nas has a bad ear for beats and Goldie tried to discredit my hip hop badge saying "fuck Vlad" or some shit. This album continued that trend.

Now, im not looking for Nas to rap over boom bap beats or trap beats, however, one thing about the songs that I've come to just love from Nas is how effortlessly he raps on the beats that I love. I might be in the minority, but Stillmatic is my favorite Nas album. Im not saying its his best, im saying its the one I love the most and the one i keep going back to time and time again.

There are a couple of beats on this project where he does just that...he just toys with the beat while spitting those dropping those gems. Specifically, "cop shot the kid" and "adam and Eve". There are a couple that it seems like him and the beat are arguing while out at restaurant in front of other people. They just not getting along, but b/c of the gawd MC he is, he's able to overshadow these "experimentation" sounding beats.

I hate, hate hate Ye singing on "everything"...and even the Dream managed to fuck it up too. Then Dream came with that pos feature on Adam and Eve too. Smh.

I will have to run this back a few times, but while the album doesnt just flat out suck, upon first listen, its struggling to keep my attention for the duration of the project.

my nigga Dream is a shell of himself

just fell completely the fuck off

i dont usually say this but got damn, he need to go back to sharing baby mama's with Wayne

He was putting out classic albums with the Love series, then just got into a funk.

Back