Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Magic 2

Nas def flexing on damn near every track

HB might be punched out tho. Half these tracks Saleem Remi level of production. And I ain't sign up for that

man ease up off Saleem Remi. Him and Nas got slaps.

Oh yeah, which 3?

I'll give you Black Bond as one, what's the next 2?
Ummm Made You Look & Thief's Theme.
TF ChiChi?
Nasty, What Goes Around, I Can, Get Down. All of those were popular mixtape freestyle beats. Not even counting Made You Look which was a Top 10 beat of the decade AT WORST. The man made Fu-Gee-La and discovered Amy Winehouse, we not denying him his flowers lol.

I get what you're saying tho. He gave Nas a couple lukewarm beats on Streets Disciple. The relationship ran its course. This might be the beginning of the end. Abracadabra and Office Hours are good beats but they feel a little more simple than that gorgeously complex work we've come to expect from Hit Boy on these. Black Magic is frustrating because I wanted him to bring back that dope Graveyard Production loop from the first 13 seconds and layer it into the beat later but nooooooooo. That's why I said the album kinda started with Motion for me on the first listen. Those drums are DEADLY.

Thing is..................

If not Hit Boy, then who? There's only a handful of hip-hop producers on that nigga level and none of them have a relationship with Nas far as I can tell. He hasn't worked with Alchemist in damn near 20 years. Madlib apparently only wanna work with Spreadie Gibbs and The Ghost of DOOM. Preemo old, let that dream go. Roc Marciano? God, I wish lol. So unless he's gonna let Westside Gunn curate a bunch of CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM beats..............

We spoiled after 4 classics. Magic 1 was IMHO their *BEST* album. Wu for the Children the best song they done IMHO and that beat switch on Dedicated still gives me fucking chills. I say we let them keep going until the well is dry. Make 10 King's Diseases fuck it. Put that GOAT convo out of reach.

92-93 Bulls was the worst MJ title team. Only one that didn't win 60 games. Lost their first 2 games against the Knicks. Still MJ, still smoked Barkley in 6. Everything is relative.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Where the niggas screaming classic at? I don’t want to live in an era where my self proclaim GOAT can get outsell by niggas with colored dreads and nail polish.

Just finished my second listen, this is album is solid. I really liked these tracks.

Motion
What this all really means
Pistols on Your Album Cover
Earvin Magic Johnson
Abracadabra
Slow it Down
Bookeem Woodbine
Nas' verse on Office Hours (I liked 50's aggression but he didn't say anything)
Black Magic

After running them back, this how I rank Nas comeback albums.

KD
Magic
KD3
Magic 2
KD 2

Just ran this shyt back and pretty much the same as my initial reaction. Solid album, the track with 50 sounded better than after the first listen.

Just finished my second listen, this is album is solid. I really liked these tracks.

Motion
What this all really means
Pistols on Your Album Cover
Earvin Magic Johnson
Abracadabra
Slow it Down
Bookeem Woodbine
Nas' verse on Office Hours (I liked 50's aggression but he didn't say anything)
Black Magic

So, you liked the whole album

cuz that's basically all the songs you listed

:hahaha:

Back