Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease

King's Disease:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having made some smart investments that helped swell up his bank account, Nas says he got into investing because he “always wanted to be a business man.” As a kid Nas says he was plotting on making a comic business and board game business, so it’s only right he’d eventually fall back into making business moves. That being said, Nas says he doesn’t like people talking about the moves he makes and everyone counting his coins.

View attachment 345663
Though he has a relationship with Steve Stoute, Nas admits that he fell back from his friendship with Steve when he began working with Jay-Z
Though Nas was content with his acting job in the cult classic, Belly, he reveals that Hype Williams would always single him out in-between takes and tell him to “yo dawg, you got to pick it up.” We feel he did a better job in his cameo for In Too Deep. All he did was sell crack, but still. Nas admits though he does like making movies, he doesn’t think he’s cut out to do it regularly.
Nas remembers that Puff wanted to be his manager when he was signed to Columbia, but his label considered Puff “scary.” He also confirms that he and Big were supposed to do “Gimme The Loot” together but Nas got too high of some chocolate-tie and couldn’t put pen to paper. That being said Nas reveals that he gave up weed for a year, back in ’99.

Thanks fam

When we discuss the song he’s most proud of writing across his baker’s dozen of albums, he immediately points to the 2002 hit “I Can.” “Because that one is for the kids,” he says, 18 years after its release. “My daughter was so young, and that’s what inspired me. I said to myself, ‘She’s gonna grow up and hear all this other stuff that I wrote, so I gotta give one to her and to kids in general.’”

Back