Welcome To aBlackWeb

Name Artists/Groups That Have Three Or More Classics

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
1. Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation, Fear Of A Black Planet, Apocalypse 91

2. LL Cool J - Radio, Bigger and Deffer, Mama Said Knock You Out, Mr Smith

3. Boogie Down Productions/KRS One - Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary, Edutainment, I Got Next

4. Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, Follow The Leadeer, Let The Rhythm Hit Em, Don't Sweat The Technique

Add on

2pac - Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, Makaveli

UGK - Ridin Dirty, Dirty Money, Underground Kingz

1. Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation, Fear Of A Black Planet, Apocalypse 91

2. LL Cool J - Radio, Bigger and Deffer, Mama Said Knock You Out, Mr Smith

3. Boogie Down Productions/KRS One - Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary, Edutainment, I Got Next

4. Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, Follow The Leadeer, Let The Rhythm Hit Em, Don't Sweat The Technique

Add on

I'd say add KRS's Return of the Boom Bap to that list.

Take Mr Smith off and replace it with Walking With a Panther.

Redman - Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters
EPMD - Strictly Business, Unfinished Business, Business As Usual, Business Never Personal
A Tribe Called Quest - Peoples Instinctive Travels..., The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders
Common - One Day It'll All Make Sense, Like Water For Chocolate, Be, Finding Forever

De La Soul- 3 feet high and rising, de la soul is dead ,buhloone mindstate, stakes is high
Kanye West- college dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, My beautiful twisted dark fantasy
Nas-illmatic , it was written, stillmatic, Lost tapes
Ghostface- ironman, supreme clientele, pretty toney, fishscale

2pac
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Curren$y
Devin the Dude
DMX
Dr. Dre
Jay Z
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
Lil Wayne
Mobb Deep
Nas
Outkast
Scarface
T.I.

giphy.gif

Insane Clown Posse-The Great Milenko, Reindeer Games, The Amazing Jeckel Brothers, Hell's Pit
Three Six Mafia-Mystic Stylez, When the Smoke Clears, 6ix Commandments, Reindeer Games
Ice Cube-Ammerikka's Most Wanted, Death Certified, Predator
Esham-Boomin Words from Hell, KKKill The Fetus, Judgement Day
Necro-I Need Drugs, Gory Days, Pre Fix for Death
Sean Price-Monkey Barz, Jesus Price Superstar, Mic Tyson, Imperius Rex
MF Doom-Operation Doomsday, Madvillainy MM Food

Last edited:
I think there are loads, I'll be conservative though...

AZ, Common, Cormega, Common, Run DMC, Eminem, DMX, LL Cool J, 2Pac, Masta Ace, EPMD, Gangstarr, Ghostface, Raekwon, JMT, Kool G Rap, Nas, Jay Z, Oddisee, Xzibit, Snoop, Kanye, Slick Rick, Mobb Deep, MC Ren, Ice Cube, Scarface, Wu Tang...

Im probably missing somemore...

Last edited:
I think there are loads, I'll be conservative though...

AZ, Common, Cormega, Common, Run DMC, Eminem, DMX, LL Cool J, 2Pac, Masta Ace, EPMD, Gangstarr, Ghostface, Raekwon, JMT, Kool G Rap, Nas, Jay Z, Oddisee, Xzibit, Snoop, Kanye, Slick Rick, Mobb Deep, MC Ren, Ice Cube, Scarface, Wu Tang...

Im probably missing somemore...

Run DMC doesn't have three classics.

Their first (self titled) and third (Raising Hell) albums were 5 mic classics.

King of Rock, Tougher Than Leather, Back From Hell, Down With The King, and Crown Royal have a few good songs, but they're not classics.

Run DMC doesn't have three classics.

Their first (self titled) and third (Raising Hell) albums were 5 mic classics.

King of Rock, Tougher Than Leather, Back From Hell, Down With The King, and Crown Royal have a few good songs, but they're not classics.

Nah, 'Tougher Than Leather' is classic imo... I know when it dropped it had mix reviews, but there was alot of heat around at the time... Looking back I bet alot of older heads that were teenagers when it dropped would put it as classic now... Me personally, I loved it when I first heard it on the mid 90's...

Nah, 'Tougher Than Leather' is classic imo... I know when it dropped it had mix reviews, but there was alot of heat around at the time... Looking back I bet alot of older heads that were teenagers when it dropped would put it as classic now... Me personally, I loved it when I first heard it on the mid 90's...

Nosign

Tougher Than Leather was a dud when it dropped. It came out the same summer as

It Takes A Nation of Millions - Public Enemy
Long Live The Kane - Big Daddy Kane
Strictly Business - EPMD
Follow The Leader - Eric B and Rakim
Straight Out The Jungle - Jungle Brothers
In Full Gear - Stetsasonic

^^^ Those albums are classics. They play all the way through with no skippable tracks.

In fact, I've heard rumors that Run DMC intentionally made questionable tracks because they wanted to get dropped from their label (Profile) so they could sign to Def Jam. But Profile released the music anyway.

Also, another rumor I heard was Tougher Than Leather was supposed to be released in conjunction with the movie, which came out in 1987. So the music was dated. If you compare Tougher Than Leather with the albums I listed, you can tell they were a year behind.

Also, another rumor I heard was Tougher Than Leather was supposed to be released in conjunction with the movie, which came out in 1987. So the music was dated. If you compare Tougher Than Leather with the albums I listed, you can tell they were a year behind.

That means nothing to me, because I first heard in the mid 90s and that schitt bangs, I still play that album...

Spice 1 : Spice 1, 187 He Wrote and Amerikkka's Most Wanted

Redman: Whut The Album!, DareIzADarkside and Muddy Waters

ATCQ: PITUFAR, LET and MM

Outkast: Southernplayisticmusik, ATLiens and Aquemini

I wasn't gonna say shit but come df on man lol Niggas naming 40 rappers with 3 plus classics lol

Pac
Nas
Jay
Kast

and maybe 2 or 3 others. That's It.

Back