Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Most Influential HipHop Artist From This List?

Most Influential HipHop Artist?

• Kanye

• Jay-Z

• Lil Wayne

• Drake

• Kendrick

• J.Cole

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's a toss up between Hov, Wayne and Ye. They've all influenced the sound of music, fashion and business.

Jay, Ye then Wayne.

Cole, Sean, Drake built their careers off of using his albums as a rubric for how they make music. Like Cole for instance used College Dropout as his muse.

Wayne has guys getting Face tats.

Jay is really the best rapper for following as far as career path and vision, these folks of today follow him. Using rappers who are popular as people to silently go at and act confused if they go back at you. Taking the rappers of today that are coming up as people to siphon energy from by jumping on their songs or taking flows and songs of other artists.

If I remember correctly, As Real As It Gets was a song Jeezy had for himself and Jay took it for BP3

Jay, Ye and Wayne realistically have their footprints all over what we got out now. Not one is more influential than the other tho & that’s kinda the problem.

Kanye West for me ... he transcended rap as well and in the space of 15 years collaborated with anyone who mattered not just in HipHop but World music (MBDTF)... production and guest spot appearances/ collaborations are insane in that space of time

There's a section on this forum who don't rate JAY-Z's musical/album catalogue that high... and you could say he picked up from and was influenced by other rappers (old and new) at the time ...

Kanye West for me ... he transcended rap as well and in the space of 15 years collaborated with anyone who mattered not just in HipHop but World music (MBDTF)... production and guest spot appearances/ collaborations are insane in that space of time

There's a section on this forum who don't rate JAY-Z's musical/album catalogue that high... and you could say he picked up from and was influenced by other rappers (old and new) at the time ...
Would you say that section are Nas fans?

Back