Welcome To aBlackWeb

not only we got Cole, we got Cole’s daughter, sister and mom. Like shit, throw in Cole’s baby mom and new chick while they at it.
I’m getting resident evil vibe with the whole Alice being main character and the rest of resident evil cast being support characters.
Bet Cole gonna be the one who defeats Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn
Yeah I hate it when they do that with video game movies

Same thing happened to me G lol. I swear if I see one of you ABW niggas saying the acting was bad, the cgi was horrible, bad writing, etc. We fighting. MK doesn't supposed to be nominated for Oscars fam. Chiiiiiiill, roll up something, have some good laughs, and enjoy the gore. Jeesh

My gawd I've been preaching this same thing for the longest.

SF game > MK game (outside of fanserv
My gawd I've been preaching this same thing for the longest.

I hear what ya'll saying, but MK actually could be a legitimately good flick if they tried. It's got decent lore and is built for action. There's no reason why they have to skimp on acting ability of the cast and writing.

making a new character for the lead role? probably to exploit the trendiness of MMA. that, and starting with a relatively cleaner slate while still giving solace to fans in ensuring the classic cast shows up.

the franchise has been going for years with the same old central characters. that's usually enough impetus in itself to freshen it up.

making a new character for the lead role? probably to exploit the trendiness of MMA. that, and starting with a relatively cleaner slate while still giving solace to fans in ensuring the classic cast shows up.

the franchise has been going for years with the same old central characters. that's usually enough impetus in itself to freshen it up.
There's a ton of characters already in the MK universe that the movies haven't delved into though. They don't need to create a new character for this

There's a ton of characters already in the MK universe that the movies haven't delved into though. They don't need to create a new character for this

ur right. i also meant what's been delved into with the videogame storylines. tbh tho, all that i know is based almost exclusively on MK on the N64 and the first two movies.

im still thinking they really wanted an MMA fighter in the script. either you create a new guy for that storyline, or u change the lore of an existing character (assuming none are mma fighters), which isn't really a big deal to non-hardcore fans. either way, the producers know fans will see the film.

Last edited:
I get that sometimes you want the audience to view a new fantastical and crazy world through a new "more grounded" person's perspective, but that's literally what Johnny Cage's role was.

In fact his character is pretty much the catalyst for the entire series being made in the first place.
A hot shot actor brought into a world where the circumstances are more dire than he realizes is the perfect perspective for the audience.

I feel like some of this is simply not wanting the lead to be a straight white male. Along with the mma thing. Its just weird they have soooo much to pull from but choose to ignore it.

We’ll see. They might just have to make up for a wack story with dope fight choreography and gore.

We’ll see. They might just have to make up for a wack story with dope fight choreography and gore.

that's most every martial arts movie tbh and most fans of the genre are completely ok with it.
ppl don't walk into a movie like The Raid, Ong Bak or John Wick expecting The Godfather. but if they're gonna let action come at the expense of plot the choreography and set pieces need to be ace.

Mkx introduced the next gen of the central characters. They could’ve used that. Cassie and Jacqui can hold down a movie and they be checking off the strong female lead box

At first I was like WTF would they use a new character theb I realized that is suxh a stupid thing to complain about. Dope to have a new Mortal Kombat character, its refreshing and we don't need to see the same old Lu Kang stories. Also I like that he is going to be a MMA fighter going to the tournament, that is a nice touch and makes sense.

At first I was like WTF would they use a new character theb I realized that is suxh a stupid thing to complain about. Dope to have a new Mortal Kombat character, its refreshing and we don't need to see the same old Lu Kang stories. Also I like that he is going to be a MMA fighter going to the tournament, that is a nice touch and makes sense.
sure a tournament where Liu Kang throws fire, Kung Lao throws his hat and Kano throws knife and his whole body but yeah a MMA fighter got a chance

and lol at same ol Liu Kang stories. The main characters is the earth realm team not just Liu Kang

Last edited:
Back