Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monogamy is a prison

I think I just fail to see the issue with having someone you can lean on for emotional support.
I guess codependency comes into the mix when you get your validation from them.

the error in this is that can still happen in non-monogamous situations. how many people do we know who have multiple romantic partners or sex partners and aint got a healthy relationship with them or themselves? that's common af too.

the issue is the ppl, not monogamy.

nigga she sound stupid....

emotional codependence?

thats what you should have in a relationship. you are one or should be thinking of being one.

she sound like a hoe with an excuse
You don't get it fam.

Consider yourself lucky

People who want to do what they want in a relationship with people who didn't agree to that type of relationship in the first place are the ones I could see saying this. If people want to be happy, they need to find someone they are compatible with...even sexually. Instead of trying to make people feel bad for wanting a monogamous relationship. Either it works for you or it doesn't but say that from the get go.

Individuals just need to be honest about the type of relationship they desire, want, need, and expect.
alot of people are but the other tries to change them...

and alot always have another motive

She has a point but this shit is a double edged sword, I would love it if my women told be to go and sex up other women BUT now I have to worry about her getting dicked down? that would kill a relationship, for 2 people who have strong love for each other this does not apply, then you have all the others who have no strong love, this could apply to them.

Being a bit extreme. I think she was saying monogamy is a prison if you ising in to validate your existence or importance. Which like @BNE said can happen in any type of relationship.

but why put it on monogamy tho?

what does monogamy have to do with validation?

you know how many niggas need validation from women by smashing as many chicks as possible?
you know how many women seek validation from getting smashed by many many dudes?

basketball players need validation so they become ball hogs to try to score the most shots.

niggas who join gangs need validation

some chicks that strip, need validation.

if you narrow this to monogamy....you just want to fuck other people but trying to be deep about it.

Therein lies the issue, race titled the thread monogamy is a prison and y'all just latching onto that without actually reading/ breaking down the tweet

But again, if you've never had someone that depends on you as the source as their happiness, then yes, you don't have a clue if what's going on.

I can't remember, maybe it was bne or maybe it was the tweet that followed, but you need to love yourself first before someone else comes into the picture.

If you are solely dependent on someone else to provide happiness for you because they are your mate, then you will be disappointed.

You can be happy when doing certain things with your mate, nothing wrong with that, but if you have such an emotional dependency in that person, you will ultimately suffer because that person is also made up of feelings and emotions, so what if this particular day they aren't feeling like the best version of themselves, and you come to them with your issues and they don't respond the way you want them to? Then what? Now y'all arguing because you wanted them to help you through your shit while you were being totally aloof to the fact that they were going through their own shit.

So like I said @ king du, you can sit this one out because you are totally off base. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with polygamy or wanting to be with more than one person.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that one person has decided to make YOU the source of their happiness which in turn, can feel like a prison

Therein lies the issue, race titled the thread monogamy is a prison and y'all just latching onto that without actually reading/ breaking down the tweet

But again, if you've never had someone that depends on you as the source as their happiness, then yes, you don't have a clue if what's going on.

I can't remember, maybe it was bne or maybe it was the tweet that followed, but you need to love yourself first before someone else comes into the picture.

If you are solely dependent on someone else to provide happiness for you because they are your mate, then you will be disappointed.

You can be happy when doing certain things with your mate, nothing wrong with that, but if you have such an emotional dependency in that person, you will ultimately suffer because that person is also made up of feelings and emotions, so what if this particular day they aren't feeling like the best version of themselves, and you come to them with your issues and they don't respond the way you want them to? Then what? Now y'all arguing because you wanted them to help you through your shit while you were being totally aloof to the fact that they were going through their own shit.

So like I said @ king du, you can sit this one out because you are totally off base. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with polygamy or wanting to be with more than one person.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that one person has decided to make YOU the source of their happiness which in turn, can feel like a prison

:popcorn2:

Back