Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

and I bet you she thinks she's "keeping it real" by doing all this shit

certain people just cant "cross over" no matter what type of success they have, and I think thats what happened here

being "real" and "true to self" is cool and should be practiced but there will come a time where you HAVE to evolve if you wanna grow

may have to shake some hands of people you'd rather not, might have to smile when u dont feel like it....the difference is you gotta know how to do that shit for YOU and your greater good and not for the job

Speak on it no... Why should she have ta accept chump change while Amy getting ova? A black woman who speak up fa herself is deemed trouble in Hollywood ... I believe her that Lee Daniels did ask her ta play Tha part of cookie Lyons on empire..but when fox said no he did a 180 on her actin like Tha covasation Neva happened... I hope she get everything she asking for she deserve it

Speak on it no... Why should she have ta accept chump change while Amy getting ova? A black woman who speak up fa herself is deemed trouble in Hollywood ... I believe her that Lee Daniels did ask her ta play Tha part of cookie Lyons on empire..but when fox said no he did a 180 on her actin like Tha covasation Neva happened... I hope she get everything she asking for she deserve it

No doubt but who boycotting netflix over a ig post? She gotta move smarter than that.

this logic has no place in business, the wheels will keep right on turning without those who think this way

Why is it that every time she takes one of these vocal moral stances it's always something related to her money or career? When's the last time you heard Monique being vocal about an issue that doesn't effect her personally?

She has every right to demand whatever she thinks she's worth but she really shouldn't be trying to dress it up as if she's being some kind of black crusader.

Her comparisons are delusional, btw - Netflix, like any company, plans to make their money back when they pay people. Paying Mo'nique Dave Chapelle money is the kind of shit that would get multiple people fired.

Amy Schumer is one thing but maybe just maybe she isn’t as well known or as good a comic as Chappelle or Rock. She ain’t been shit since Monique went off the air

Attachments

• DE6E0461-0F4D-4FFB-9D1E-B14AD5612680.gif
    DE6E0461-0F4D-4FFB-9D1E-B14AD5612680.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
They offered her 500k, she should have took that shit and if the numbers were good asked for more the next go round.

The fact she think she's anywhere close to Rock, Dave or Amy, as far as stand-up goes is ridiculous. I can name 4-5 TV/Movies she's done off the top of may head before I can name any of her stand-up shows. Shit they might have been over paying her at 500k.

i feel you, but nobody is checking for monique

she should've taken the bag for her first standup, then if it did the numbers, renegotiate for the next special

she need to humble herself

They offered her 500k, she should have took that shit and if the numbers were good asked for more the next go round.

The fact she think she's anywhere close to Rock, Dave or Amy, as far as stand-up goes is ridiculous. I can name 4-5 TV/Movies she's done off the top of may head before I can name any of her stand-up shows. Shit they might have been over paying her at 500k.

word

First things first fuck Amy Schumer she isn't funny, blatantly steals jokes, and her special was hated so much it forced Netflix to change how you rate on there now.

Ok, Monique has her right to want whatever she feels nothing wrong that. She hasn't been active in years which is true. Whenever I've heard about Monique the last few years it's because she's in a situation with someone or a company she gotta chill with fighting everyone. Dave and Chris have been doing shows that built up to their Netflix specials. Also, how many times have we quoted or talked about something related to the Chappelle show on this very site? Highly still relevant to us which is why he has some more clout in that regard. Monique could've taken the deal or chose to wall away but don't just shit on the companies that are still trying to give you a chance. It's 2018 she gotta show and remind people why she is worth the big bucks.

I don’t know about this one Monique. I agree with @Ironman. She’s been gone for a minute. Not only that she was Black balled because she wasn’t playing by the “rules”. So if she wants to ease her way back up, she needs to humble herself and continue to play by hollywood’s rules. She chose this life and she already know how things go. -shrugs-

Back