Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw (9/16)

As much as I have enjoyed watching these legends I must say that us fans really have to get over the past. Attitude era was like almost 20 years ago. It’s not coming back. WWE gotta stop going for nostalgia from now on

this shit was kinda dope but at the same time I dont wanna see another one anytime soon.

how they always go 8:05 or 8:06 mins over but when he asked how much time they told him 1 mins and it was barely gonna be 8 lol they were taking no chances

What was the purpose of this again?
Quick ratings boost and to capitalize by attempting to get some former eyes on the product who tuned in because they heard so and so was going to be on and try and get their eyes attached to the current product. Simple bait grab for people who stopped watching...

lol so they just said fuck ricochet huh? isn’t he feuding with the club?

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Seth Rollins wasn’t originally supposed to be the focus of last night’s angle with The OC that featured a run-in by DX and The Outsiders last night.

According to Meltzer on “Wrestling Observer Radio,” the original featured talent in the Seth Rollins role was supposed to be Ricochet, but The One and Only was unable to compete due to an elbow infection. The plan was to have Ricochet get the rub and blessing of the WWE Hall of Famers to elevate his star power, but when that idea got thwarted, Seth Rollins took the role as AJ Styles’ opponent.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...ngle-wwe-raw-seth-rollins#Bfi4wQWgk3gsIIGd.99

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Seth Rollins wasn’t originally supposed to be the focus of last night’s angle with The OC that featured a run-in by DX and The Outsiders last night.

According to Meltzer on “Wrestling Observer Radio,” the original featured talent in the Seth Rollins role was supposed to be Ricochet, but The One and Only was unable to compete due to an elbow infection. The plan was to have Ricochet get the rub and blessing of the WWE Hall of Famers to elevate his star power, but when that idea got thwarted, Seth Rollins took the role as AJ Styles’ opponent.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...ngle-wwe-raw-seth-rollins#Bfi4wQWgk3gsIIGd.99

this shit would of been better, Rollins looked awkward as hell in that position cause hes been around for a minute now

Nostalgia shows like this are meh. The 24/7 title exchanges were horrible, I had at least expected to see Santino win it, not all the people who ended up winning/losing and it was all done so horribly.

And is it me, or did Foley look ill?? And not flu-like, like almost deathly sick. He doesn’t seem to have that mic presence anymore, it’s just dull. Bray attacking him was the best thing for that segment.

Austin was shaking out there it looked like, but he did his thing and smoothly flowed w the what chants. It’s a shame the network didn’t let that go over like they should’ve. I enjoyed Austin’s mindless nostalgia rant.

Hogan just did a Hogan shtick.

The opening segment “rap battle” was painful.

Best parts of the show were Joe/Roman and OC/Rollins. The OC is dope to me, I’m liking the colors and logo. They need a serious faction or two to really rival them, bc what they have right now don’t work. They need a new DX, Trips and Shawn gotta pass it to a new duo. Not gonna lie, almost thought they were about to do that when they came out to back up Rollins... thought that it was possible they were gonna bring out another dude to join and let him and Rollins take the DX to develop a new faction to face OC.. to me that would’ve been the best thing about the night.

The DX reunion thing is always corny to me, it doesn’t hit like it used to... everyone is too old and in new phases of life (Christians) that it falls flat knowing it doesn’t mix w the DX ideologies.

No Melina? or did I miss her?

Joe and Sami were spitting that heat about the reunion shows and legends. They summed up how I feel about them. Good stuff.

Overall, 5/10

I dont think reunion shows suck I just think WWE sucks at producing them. They never go the serious route its always goofy shit. Not like it was worse then what Raw has been beside the week before last so fuck it Austin was a treat and Patterson winning the 24 title again was good shit. Nostalgia never dies but can always be booked wrong like majority of the others.

Back