Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw: 6/17

Okay. So they had Cody win the Rumble and immediately in the ring challenge Roman.

Then they said yknow what let's just have Rock face Roman. Not when Roman was abusing his cousins last year and it'd make storyline sense, nah let's just have him show up when Roman has otherwise been absent from the show. And let's screw over our top babyface that we've been building a Rocky 2 story for the past year while we are at it. So much so that we even have built our video game around "finishing the story".

And then let's have Cody forfeit the title shot he earned to the Rock in ring making Rock look like a complete asshole in the process. And then let's have Rock and Roman not say 1 word to each other so as to not provide them with a story AT ALL.

Simultaneously let's also announce an impromptu press conference for apparently no reason at all. And at that show with the biggest possible audience let's just whimsically turn the Rock heel for the first time in 20 years and change our planned Main Event for the biggest show of the year because that's a thing WWE would do.

Next let's discuss how fans "forced" WWE to put Daniel Bryan in the main event of WM30.
You literally just explained why they pivoted lmao. It was TKO's board vs HHH and HHH won. I promise you it's not the big brain play you think it is.

I hear yall but check this out though...

The 200,000,000 views doesn't happen if Punk did not go down with an injury

They were just starting to heat shit up with that Rollins/Punk feud and i can guarantee u it was gonna be marketed as the bigger match just due to their history and Punk being a part of the match.

And ya'll know i fuck w/ Reigns but lets be real.. he didn't garner those 200,000,000 views. That was MOSTLY the Rocks doing. People were tuning in due to his involvement whether they liked where the story was going or not. They tuned in cus he was tied to it and they wanted to see if he was selfish enough to take that match
Exactly

We've now reached the part of this convo where niggas is seriously downplaying CM Punk
d21.gif

Why would they take the literal most complicated route to Wrestlemania at the start of Mania season when the path was extremely straight forward? Aight bro lmaooooooo
Because they've telegraphed their intended Wrestlemania main event literally since the conclusion of the last Wrestlemania main event.

And in 1 "complicated" stroke they've made Cody both more over and gotten a press conference more views than anything they've ever done. All off the controversy they drummed up in said complicated route.

What's the downside exactly?

Because they've telegraphed their intended Wrestlemania main event literally since the conclusion of the last Wrestlemania main event.

And in 1 "complicated" stroke they've made Cody both more over and gotten a press conference more views than anything they've ever done. All off the controversy they drummed up in said complicated route.

You just flat out loud and wrong
But I respect the fact you tryin to stand on business

It worked out in the end but that doesn't change the fact that it was a pivot.

Back