Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mom of Girl Kidnapped 20 Years Ago Says She Wishes Cops Never Found Her

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
fce7afb78e8856f85d1697be9b430222

Though Shanara Mobley said finding her daughter “was one of the happiest days” of her life, they do not have contact and the devastated mother has even blocked her phone number.

The mother of Kamiyah Mobley, who was found alive nearly 20 years after she was kidnapped from a Florida hospital, wishes "they never would have found her."

Though Shanara Mobley said finding her daughter "was one of the happiest days" of her life, they do not have contact and the devastated mother has even blocked her phone number, she told the Florida Times-Union.

"We were going to be this big, happy family," Mobley said.

Kamiyah Mobley was abducted shortly after her birth at a Jacksonville hospital in 1998 by Gloria Williams, who admitted she took the baby after her own pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage.

Williams, 52, raised Kamiyah in South Carolina as Alexis Manigo, a name she has continued to go by.

Mobley told the Times-Union that her daughter still calls Williams “mommy,” they talk on the phone and she considers the people she was raised around family.

And though Manigo reportedly continues to send Mother’s Day cards to the woman who raised her, Mobley said her mailbox has sat empty on the holiday.

“I don’t deal with disrespect,” she tearfully told the newspaper.

Tensions had previously come to a head during Williams’ sentencing hearing, during which Williams was ordered to serve 18 years in prison.

“I am your mother!” Mobley shouted at Manigo in May. "It doesn't heal. I'm still hurting. I am your mother, Kamiyah. I am your mother!"

Manigo apparently learned of her true identity about a year and a half before Williams' arrest, but asked the court for leniency against Williams, who wept on the stand.

“I’m so sorry," Williams said. "As for Kamiyah, I never meant to hurt you."

Manigo's biological father, Craig Aiken, had told the court that the family was shattered by the abduction.

“That day she took Kamiyah, she destroyed me and Shanara," Aiken said.

Mobley has five other children, aged 3 to 15, whom she has worried about in the aftermath of the discovery of their oldest sister.

"This is what Gloria [Williams] and Kamiyah brought upon my children," she told the paper. "And I truly feel it in my heart; I just wish she would not have come back. I really do. Because [Kamiyah] came back, this has made a mockery of my life. I’m still lost. I don’t have a relationship with my child. What did I gain? Nothing."

i know hearing that has to hurt ......like real bad

Yeah, they did a whole episode on ole girl on Ilyana "Fix My Life". Shit was kinda hard to watch, partly because the way I saw it, Ilyana really pushed the girl into a fucked up place.

The biological mother coming off real fucked up IMO. That is not to excuse the kidnapping cause that can't be excused.

Just that the biological mother is looking at this very selfish to me.

The biological mother coming off real fucked up IMO. That is not to excuse the kidnapping cause that can't be excused.

Just that the biological mother is looking at this very selfish to me.

But she like the main victim tho. Kid was literally snatched. I understand the kid tho. Just terrible.

Can't blame either party for feeling how they feel and you can't really know or relate to someone's pain unless you've personally been in this type of situation. It had to be extremely devasting to speak and hear those words aloud.

The entire ordeal is obviously sad for all those affected. I hope that one day they will be able to work things out.

Jesus christ, what a fucked up situation. On one hand, the mom had her kid kidnapped fresh from birth and had to live with that for 20 years, then on the other, even though she was kidnapped, the kid seems to have been raised by a family she loves and it's all she knows.

But she like the main victim tho. Kid was literally snatched. I understand the kid tho. Just terrible.

True she was/is a victim but she taking her anger out on her daughter and its sounding like she don't give a fuck about how the daughter views things.

Its an extremely fucked up situation.

True she was/is a victim but she taking her anger out on her daughter and its sounding like she don't give a fuck about how the daughter views things.

If anything, the mother needs therapy as much as the daughter.

She seems totally oblivious and insensitive to her daughter's situation.

From her perspective, it seems like everything's all about her pain......not her daughter's.

but how is she supposed to feel?

honestly....i have to agree to the bio mom...id be angry as hell.
how you love them criminals?
how you love the people who snatched you....kidnapped you?

From her perspective, it seems like everything's all about her pain......not her daughter's.
but think about the years of pain she went thru ..not knowing if her daughter is being raped, hurt, if she died at some point....thats a slow torture.

Exactly

Have you watched that Iyanla Vanzant episode or do you know the background of the story?

If you did you would know why the daughter feels the way she does.

Have you watched that Iyanla Vanzant episode or do you know the background of the story?

If you did you would know why the daughter feels the way she does.
i can imagine how the kid feels......and im about to watch it on kodi right now...but i followed the story. i saw when the girl called her mommy when they had her in handcuffs.

but as a parent.....this is a second gut kick. not saying the child dont feel anything...which i am sure shes more confused than anything and just wants her normal life back without this strange person....

but can you really not understand how a mother aint trynna hear shit nobody got to say....even if that includes the person that was taken from her?

this aint about right or wrong......this is about real life.....people can get lost in shit

So you expect the girl to just turn off all her feelings for the person she thought was her mom her whole life

So you expect the girl to just turn off all her feelings for the person she thought was her mom her whole life
no but are you expecting a mother to not feel betrayed over a situation she had no control over and cried many a night waiting for this moment only for it to blow up in her face again?

the point is....i could not image what the mother feels.....but child ..her mind cant take what these grown ups did. she cant process this shit. this is too much for her. but how can yall say the bio mom shouldnt feel how she feels?

all because the thief stealing babies.

i can imagine how the kid feels......and im about to watch it on kodi right now...but i followed the story. i saw when the girl called her mommy when they had her in handcuffs.

but as a parent.....this is a second gut kick. not saying the child dont feel anything...which i am sure shes more confused than anything and just wants her normal life back without this strange person....

but can you really not understand how a mother aint trynna hear shit nobody got to say....even if that includes the person that was taken from her?

this aint about right or wrong......this is about real life.....people can get lost in shit

The daughter not confused. She knows exactly what she wants and she wants her old life back and to also have a relationship with her biological mother. Again not excusing the crime committed but that woman gave that girl a better life than her biological mother could've provided for her. Loved and guided her like a good loving mother is supposed to. Now all of that was taken away and she is just supposed to be mad at the woman who only ever did right by her outside of the crime which she knew nothing about until she was grown and love and respect had already been established.

It doesn't even make sense for the biological to expect her daughter to just forget about all that shit. I can understand the mother saying fuck what everybody else got to say except for the father and the daughter. The mother is flat out fucked up to say she wish her daughter was never found or came back. The biological mother is acting like she is the only person who gone through something when it comes to this situation.

I'm not saying the biological mother doesn't have the right to be upset and feel a way about how the daughter feels about who she sees as her real mother. All I'm saying is the way she is going about it IMO is selfish as shit.

Its always about right or wrong. Real life decisions are made about whats right and wrong.

so on top of the void that was left inside her for a decade plus......she now has to deal with rejection?

and how do we know the bio mother couldnt have given her a good life or better?

the fact she lost her child is enough to falling into a depression. and that can control your life and have you make decisions you wouldnt usually make.

yea, the daughter still wants to see everybody and be happy. but unfortunately...life dont work like that. there will always be problems with each family.
shes going to lash out at both of them at some point or use one against the other.

this is a time when a third party needs to help the young lady.
\
how a mother going celebrate HER childs birthday with the family of a thief? how can she even share that day with all the shit coming back?

Back