Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION MJ says KD might be the best of our generation

Who will history say is better?

• KD

• Lebron

Results are only viewable after voting.
All perspective

Multiple ways to dominate games. Multiple factors. Team game

You rather say I been to the finals this many times or I won this many. What’s the object of this game for you

Excuses fade

These stories ain’t written. It is close. And more coming. The talent in the league is insane

Everybody watches for different reasons I guess. I watch because I want to see a competitive game between the world's best. I don't want to see a few stacked teams teamrolling everyone else. And I don't give a shit how many championships a team won after they stacked the deck. KD wasn't the MVP of the last championship. The GM that managed to put that team together was. If you like what you see in the game today, then great. I can't knock you for that. But when we're talking about who is better than who, you can't just toss a name out there as the best and then use accolades and stats that he only has because he rigged the system.

Like you said, it's a team game, but being part of the best team doesn't make you the best player in the league. Being the best on the best team doesn't make you the best player in the league. That's my only issue with people giving KD the crown. They seem to be doing so for those reasons.

How many playoff series wins does Bosh, Love and Irving have without LBJ?
how many ships did lbj win without them

Let me answer that for you Nada Zero Zip 0

Being a all star means nothing.

If thats the case why do you he people complain that lbj doesn't have help and to add to the fact that he stock plies the talent from the east to his teams

[

Never said what LeBron did wasn’t a bitch move. LeBron doing what he did tho wasn’t the first instance of that shit happening. However I can’t even recall anyone doing the bullshit KD did. At least with LeBron I can understand him going to the Heat at that point cuz Cleveland at the time wasn’t doin shit to help him. The situation LeBron left in the Cavs to Miami was way worse than KD’s in OKC. That team should of went to the finals. KD took a much easier way out & to the team that beat him. Huff & puff about LeBron all you want, Durant let the world know at the end of the day he ain’t shit.
Name a time in history that 3 top 10 players join forces to win a championship in free agency. Cleveland did everything that lbj wanted and I don't understand why people keep saying shit like this. They trade for players and cut some players for lbj. Y'all make up a lot of excuse whenever lbj falls short of something but then turn around to give him more credit then he deserves

Name a time in history that 3 top 10 players join forces to win a championship in free agency. Cleveland did everything that lbj wanted and I don't understand why people keep saying shit like this. They trade for players and cut some players for lbj. Y'all make up a lot of excuse whenever lbj falls short of something but then turn around to give him more credit then he deserves

So we just forgot all about the ‘08 Celtics huh?
Even still I was literally talking about what Cleveland did before he went to Miami. He had some shitty role players during that first run with most either past their prime or didn’t have one at all. When he came back yea they broke they back trying to please him I was on the same page with you on that. I said the shit earlier I’m not a LeBron dick rider. He’s got a lot of bullshit to him as good as a player he is. So fall back on your LeBron hard on cuz.

Like I said, you don’t follow hoops so you don’t get to decide how people draw conclusions. All it took was me locking in a season to realize(only major team sport I follow so maybe was easier to lock in) the media and most fans don’t know what they’re talking about

Shaq one of the greatest ever and don’t understand why Lonzo ball should start over Rondo for basketball reasons. Because he don’t follow. They get paid to talk hoops and Chuck admits to not watching teams, full games...

You regurgitating storylines idc about because I actually watch and don’t need them to follow along. No one gave dude anything. In 2014, KD averaged 32 on 52% shooting 7boards 6assists . KD/Steph shooting over 50% ain’t the same as other players in the league cause the shots they take. You have no idea the efficiency level they operating on. They had 50/40/90 seasons before ever stepping foot on a court together.

All this time you spent trying to put down KD case could’ve been used to build LBJ cause we still not talking hoops.
I heard Chuck say Kawhi was the 2nd best player before getting hurt. KD probably got 6 seasons better than Kawhi’s best but they got y’all paying attention to one man

AD, Steph, KD all better players than LBJ at this point. KD just been better than him longer

Nigga please. You're talking like you're operating off some hidden knowledge that no one but you has access too. And once again, you're acting like I said, I've never watched basketball before. I didn't say anything like that. I've seen all these dudes in action. I don't need to watch a whole season's worth of games to understand what they can do and know what they do. Your whole numbers argument boils down to them dudes shooting well. I'm pretty sure I said in my initial post that KD was a better shooter than LBJ. That's not even up for debate, but better shooter =/= better basketball player. I also think it's funny how you're dismissing arguments that consider a player's overall impact on a team as being "storylines." What does that even mean? lol How can you even have a discussion about what player is better than another and not discuss how that player impacts a team. Who gives a shit if a player puts up stats if it doesn't actually lead to success for the team. MJ was killing the numbers sheet early in his career and he didn't have shit to show for it. He revised his game to allow for help he received. His numbers went down in some areas, but he started winning championships. That's a big reason why he's considered the GOAT. Lebron can and has put teams on his back and got them to the championships and won championships. KD hasn't done that and was scared to have to attempt it. You can ignore that fact and continue to act like you're the only one on earth that has seen a basketball game, but that doesn't make your argument any stronger.

My man I’m no longer going back n forth with you....5 posts and you still not making basketball points

Stop telling me stories and talk basketball since you know enough. Stop telling me this hyperbole bullshit and talk the game then. Name the team LeBron carried on his back to the championship and tell me how when Kyrie was dropping 40. Tell me how when D Wade was a finals mvp before linking up. bosh was leading teams nowhere just like he was but he was making playoffs. I can play storyline game too...it’s easier to just talk basketball.

You dismiss the numbers I dropped as just some shooting statistics cause straight up you don’t understand what you looking at. That’s an overall impact stat, you just don’t understand how to apply it. Those percentages on the shots they take speaks volumes of their impact and value

KD/LeBron don’t play the same position so you using hyperbole/storyline instead of starting with the game first starts your argument which you don’t have on weak foundation

When CLE won the championship in 2016, Lebron led all players on both teams in points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks for that series.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-finals-game-7-061916

Hell, when they lost in 2015, Lebron led all players on both teams in points, assists, and rebounds. That nigga almost got the MVP while being on the losing team. You don't consider that putting the team on you back? Meanwhile, look at Durant's MVP. He deserved it, but he only actually led the team in points and blocks per game with Curry actually leading in assists and steals per game. Are those numbers not good enough for you? Is that not a basketball point?

I also didn't dismiss your numbers. I acknowledge them. KD is the better shooter. The numbers show that. But you're exaggerating when you suggest those numbers mean any more than that. Being part of the 50/40/90 club is great. What does it say about a player's defense? What does it say about a players ability to facilitate for others? What does it say about a player's decision making for any other aspect of the game other than shooting? Nothing. Again best shooter =/= best basketball player. And shooting percentages aren't solely a testament to a player's shooting ability. You also have to factor in other things like how much attention they attract from defense. You really going to sit here and act like having Westbrook on the team didn't demand respect and make it so that KD wasn't always getting double teamed? How much easier is it for him to get high shooting percentages when he's only got one defender to worry about?

My dude leave me alone

I’ve seen opponents leave a Draymond and Iggy open at the same time to focus on those 3 dudes. Westbrook can’t shoot. There were no above low 30% shooters from deep on OKC roster outside of KD. you think serge Ibaka and Andre Roberson was getting checked? i saw a stat of players to launch like 1500 3s, Westbrook rank 124/125

I’m not reading that stupid ass story you posted cause I don’t need to. I don’t care what he led in statistically. I don’t care what a nigga did in a losing effort. Empty stats. So he did all that against them w/o Kyrie and Love, yet GS adding KD was too much

And no my good sir, you have still not made basketball points. You have said nothing to me about LeBrons game, just regurgitating stats and stories

What he do on the court that separate him, actual basketball shit(moving off the ball, hitting open shots, facilitating, defense, help defense) any actual shit I can turn the game on and see. Not your narratives idc about.

What the fuck are you talking about? Your arguments are getting sillier and sillier. Lebron leading all players in all major stats isn't actual basketball shit? Those stats don't tell how he hits and facilitates shots and defends. What narrative are you talking about nigga? The only thing I did was provide stats to you and frame them in the context of the discussion. Matter of fact, let's dead this, cause I don't even think you know what you're arguing at this point.

Nigga talking about I'm not arguing basketball points and damn thing the only thing he said his first two posts was "I watch basketball and you don't." SMH

Back