Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michelle Obama says We've got to vote like the future of our democracy depends on it." ahead of 2022 midterm election

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

Washington, DC (CNN)Former first lady Michelle Obama has a message for Americans ahead of the 2022 midterm elections: "We've got to vote like the future of our democracy depends on it."
In a letter titled "Fight For Our Vote," which waspublished Sunday as an ad in the New York Times, Obama and her voting rights organization When We All Vote called on Americans to continue engaging in democracy amid a historic attack on voting rights.

The letter -- which comes as Congress has yet to move on voting rights legislation at the federal level -- was signed by 30 other civic engagement, voting rights and voter mobilization organizations including the NAACP, Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight Action, Voto Latino Foundation, NextGen America, LeBron James' More Than A Vote and Rock the Vote

"We stand united in our conviction to organize and turn out voters in the 2022 midterm elections, and make our democracy work for all of us," Obama wrote in the letter.

The former first lady laid out a plan of action and said within the next year, When We All Vote and the coalition of other organizations will work to "recruit and train at least 100,000 volunteers" and "register more than a million new voters."

Obama said the coalition will also enlist thousands of lawyers to protect American voters, work to educate Americans on how to ensure their vote is safe and encourage at least 100,000 Americans to call on their Senators in support of the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, two proposed pieces of legislation that have stalled in the Senate as a result of the filibuster, which requires 60 votes to overcome.

98F62E94-D456-4308-B0CE-22596DDE8B0D.gif

I wish the Obama's would go away. Unfortunately, we'll probably start seeing more of Michelle because they've been tossing her name around as a potential candidate for president. Given how bleak it looks with the other potential candidates, I can definitely see her getting the nod.

She'd be terrible I'm sure, but it would be kinda funny to see Kamala's soul burn if Michelle became the darling of the Dems and the person they pushed instead of her if Biden decides to step down after this term.

I wish the Obama's would go away. Unfortunately, we'll probably start seeing more of Michelle because they've been tossing her name around as a potential candidate for president. Given how bleak it looks with the other potential candidates, I can definitely see her getting the nod.

She'd be terrible I'm sure, but it would be kinda funny to see Kamala's soul burn if Michelle became the darling of the Dems and the person they pushed instead of her if Biden decides to step down after this term.

omg do you think Michelle obama actually has a chance of winning?

im gagging lol

the obamas burn my soul up

Hillary Clinton may commit that if that happens

omg do you think Michelle obama actually has a chance of winning?

im gagging lol

the obamas burn my soul up

Unfortunately, I do, just maybe not in 2024. If the cycle continues we'll get a horrible republican in 2024 because the Dems have botched things so bad. That Rep will be so bad that everyone will be charged up to vote for anyone but him/her in 2028. They'll run Michelle and her platform will be all about saving us from that bad Rep. They'll even throw in some stupid shit like how Barack was the first black president so it would be fitting to have Michelle as the first woman president. That could carry her to the White House. It would have worked for Hillary, but everyone hated her. For whatever reason, people tend to love the Obamas.

Hillary Clinton may commit that if that happens

That might be almost be worth having the Obamas in the WH again...ALMOST

nothing is worth recycling the same clowns every election cycle

yea its clear ppl still havent learned

i also agree @The Lonious Monk tht the likelihood of her winning in 2024 is slim to none.

however, our citizen body suffers from long term memory loss. all dems have to do is make several promises and deliver on at least one a year / 6 months before the 2024 election, and ppl will vote for them again

i also agree @The Lonious Monk tht the likelihood of her winning in 2024 is slim to none.

however, our citizen body suffers from long term memory loss. all dems have to do is make several promises and deliver on at least one a year / 6 months before the 2024 election, and ppl will vote for them again

People also tend to think Obama was a good president. I won't say he was the worst, but he only looks good because of the two presidents he was sandwiched in between. In reality, he purposely avoided making big moves that could have made the change he campaigned on and continued the drone war which makes him a war criminal in my opinion.

Politics are trash now. I'm voting only because my ancestors fought for it with their lives. Other than that, since nothing really benefit me as a black person (male), I'll vote for the next best thing, my finances.

LLS Democrats always wanna sound foreboding and grave over the stakes when it’s election time.

They want niggas like this at the polls

200w.gif

Democrats gon lose like 70 seats. Shit gon be historic.

Not like it matters. Biden couldnt do shit even when having the majority cause 1 of the Dem senators is a Republican in disguise.

Lmaoooo.

The Democratic party sucks ass at politics

They don't suck at politics. They're just good at being corrupt. Biden hasn't gotten anything done because he never really wanted to get anything done. He said when he was running that he was fine with the status quo.

Exactly every election is like the fate of the universe is at stake or something

Every election actually has been that important though. The problem isn't that they exaggerate the significance of the issues we face. The problem is that all the politicians exaggerate what they're actually going to do to address those issues.

That said the criminal justice system, economy, climate change, and some of these international issues are at pretty critical junctures where important actions need to be taken. It's just that none of these politicians are going to do anything so we're fucked either way.

I don't think she would run, if you pay attention to her body language at any large political event you can tell she can't stand half of the politicians she is around. I think the only person she genuinely likes is George Bush.

Anywho, both political parties try to get people into a frenzy so they will vote. I do believe that mid-term elections are way more important then the presidential election, yet most tend to ignore them.

Every election actually has been that important though. The problem isn't that they exaggerate the significance of the issues we face. The problem is that all the politicians exaggerate what they're actually going to do to address those issues.

That said the criminal justice system, economy, climate change, and some of these international issues are at pretty critical junctures where important actions need to be taken. It's just that none of these politicians are going to do anything so we're fucked either way.
The fate of the universe isn’t at stake. But the point is that’s all the democrats have to say in order to get votes, they’re not going to change a thing that their base wants to change. So scare tactics is all they have.

Back