Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael Smith: ESPN Muted Jemelle and I

lol @ him trying to convince himself he's in a better situation.

I think he’s saying that because he has his own show now where he can go between sports and politics and not feel like he’s being muted. He’s got more creative freedom to do what he wants. The money and the spotlight might not be the same but I’m sure he made enough bread at ESPN where he’s cool.

I sided with Jemelle over the ESPN shit but since then she’s become kinda unlikeable to me.

Right from the horse's mouth.

Proof of what I've been saying all along.

Props to her for admitting that she's the one responsible for fucking everything up.

She said this more than a few times over the past couple years. She said it directly to Michael Smith on her own podcast when she had him on a few months ago. This ain't some brand new information she's revealing

She said this more than a few times over the past couple years. She said it directly to Michael Smith on her own podcast when she had him on a few months ago. This ain't some brand new information she's revealing

putin gif that Allergens posted.gif

I don't follow her podcast.

First time I've heard her say it.

I think he’s saying that because he has his own show now where he can go between sports and politics and not feel like he’s being muted. He’s got more creative freedom to do what he wants. The money and the spotlight might not be the same but I’m sure he made enough bread at ESPN where he’s cool.

I sided with Jemelle over the ESPN shit but since then she’s become kinda unlikeable to me.

There's some truth to that.

However, even though he has more creative control..........his profile isn't nearly as high as it was when he was on ESPN doing His & Hers.

Basically, what he's doing now is a step down for him in terms of his career.

This would be the equivalent of Stephen A Smith leaving ESPN and becoming an NBA sideline reporter for TNT.

Glad more people are coming around about Jemele though.

Been looking at her funny ever since she co-signed that.............."black men are the white people of black people"..........nonsense.

Yup listened to her podcast with him he knew the writing was on the wall she was sorry for pulling him in and he said he didnt resent it

There's some truth to that.

However, even though he has more creative control..........his profile isn't nearly as high as it was when he was on ESPN doing His & Hers.

Basically, what he's doing now is a step down for him in terms of his career.

This would be the equivalent of Stephen A Smith leaving ESPN and becoming an NBA sideline reporter for TNT.

Glad more people are coming around about Jemele though.

Been looking at her funny ever since she co-signed that.............."black men are the white people of black people"..........nonsense.

Just because it's not as high profile doesn't mean it's not as good for him if it's what he truly wants to do. Not everybody wants to stay on that main stage spotlight.

Just because it's not as high profile doesn't mean it's not as good for him if it's what he truly wants to do. Not everybody wants to stay on that main stage spotlight.

C'mon bruh.

You know damn well that, if nothing ever went wrong with SC6 or His & Hers............there's no way he would ever leave ESPN to do what he's doing now.

This is a career setback.

No way of getting around it.

C'mon bruh.

You know damn well that, if nothing ever went wrong with SC6 or His & Hers............there's no way he would ever leave ESPN to do what he's doing now.

This is a career setback.

No way of getting around it.

No we don't know that he never wouldve left. You make that assumption as if people havent voluntarily left espn to do other things before which has happened to quite a few people over the years.

No we don't know that he never wouldve left. You make that assumption as if people havent voluntarily left espn to do other things before which has happened to quite a few people over the years.

True.

However, it depends on how you define................"voluntarily."

Or, rather, the circumstances of the..........."voluntary"...............departure.

Usually, when high profile people leave ESPN, they're going to a better situation:

Keith Olbemann having his own show on MSNBC.

Dan Patrick having his own show on NBC Sports.

Colin Cowherd having his own show on FOX.

And Skip Bayless going to FOX for $5 million/year.

Jemele and Michael didn't go to a better situation.

They..............."voluntarily".........left because there was nothing left for them at ESPN once they messed up their situation with the SC6 6pm Sportscenter.

Don't understand how this is even debatable.

They started from the ground up being beat reporters............reached the top with His & Hers/SC6............and are now back to being regular reporters again.

No matter how they (or anyone else) tries to spin this.........it's a career setback.

True.

However, it depends on how you define................"voluntarily."

Or, rather, the circumstances of the..........."voluntary"...............departure.

Usually, when high profile people leave ESPN, they're going to a better situation:

Jemele and Michael didn't go to a better situation.

They..............."voluntarily".........left because there was nothing left for them at ESPN once they messed up their situation with the SC6 6pm Sportscenter.

Don't understand how this is even debatable.

They started from the ground up being beat reporters............reached the top with His & Hers/SC6............and are now back to being regular reporters again.

No matter how they (or anyone else) tries to spin this.........it's a career setback.

Jemelle Hill has multiple successful podcasts, a tv show, a book she's going to put out, is executive producing another tv sitcom, still writes for The Atlantic and owns her own company. Michael Smith also owns the company that produces the show that him and Michael Holey now do. If those are set backs then those are some crazy ass set backs

Writer, podcaster and former ESPN personality Jemele Hill and Brooklyn Nine-Nine co-creator and prolific producer Mike Schur have joined Meadowlark Media as creative advisers.

Meadowlark is a content venture created in January and led by former ESPN president John Skipper and former TV host and columnist Dan Le Batard.

In their advisory roles, Hill and Schur will help generate ideas for new projects, provide guidance and feedback on in-progress projects, and assist in business development.

Meadowlark’s backers include billionaire Len Blavatnik, whose company owns streaming service DAZN. Skipper was executive chairman of DAZN until reuniting with Le Batard to form Meadowlark. Both worked with Hill at ESPN.

Writer, podcaster and former ESPN personality Jemele Hill and Brooklyn Nine-Nine co-creator and prolific producer Mike Schur have joined Meadowlark Media as creative advisers.

Meadowlark is a content venture created in January and led by former ESPN president John Skipper and former TV host and columnist Dan Le Batard.

In their advisory roles, Hill and Schur will help generate ideas for new projects, provide guidance and feedback on in-progress projects, and assist in business development.

Meadowlark’s backers include billionaire Len Blavatnik, whose company owns streaming service DAZN. Skipper was executive chairman of DAZN until reuniting with Le Batard to form Meadowlark. Both worked with Hill at ESPN.

Damn another career setback. How will she recover

You know sometimes it's ok to say "I didn't know as much about this as I thought"

Yeah, they're both much better off doing what they're doing now than they were when they had a hit show on ESPN and got promoted to do the 6pm Sportscenter.

Someone didnt listen to the ep where Mike and Jamele discussed on her podcast that espn were being bustas soon as they got to sportscenter and the only thing keeping them there long as they were was the money....

Back