Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael Smith: ESPN Muted Jemelle and I

His and hers>>>>> anything they've done after

I agree 100%

When they announced they were going to be hosting sports center I had a feeling something like this would happen to them. Their pod cast and show they had was great but I knew once they moved to sports center they would be to radical or different for a “certain” subset of viewers.

Hopefully he doesn’t get into too much trouble and they both do well on any future projects

lol

Michael acts like this isn't already common knowledge.

He should be mad at Jemele more than anyone for not being able to stay off Twitter.

I only saw a couple of episodes of the 6 when they first switched.

It wasn't quite what His & Hers was, but it was a lot better than I expected.

Once Jemele started doing too much on twitter......pun intended.......it was the beginning of the end.

'Can't believe she was too oblivious/naive to realize that she'd be under more scrutiny by being on sportscenter than she was on His & Hers.

Also hard to believe they really thought doing Sportscenter was a "promotion" from His & Hers.

In reality, they were trying to shut down His & Hers because it was starting to overtake First Take in the ratings.

First Take's been garbage ever since Max took Skip's spot.

You would think the executives at ESPN would've rallied behind His & Hers, but First Take brought in more advertising money because it was a 2-hour show.

As soon as Skip left, they should've given that spot to Jemele and Mike......but probably didn't because they didn't think they'd be able to bring in the same amount of advertising dollars as First Take.

But yeah, if Jemele hadn't been running her mouth on twitter so much..........none of this would've happened.

Last edited:
lol

He should be mad at Jemele more than anyone for not being able to stay off Twitter.

Once Jemele running her mouth on twitter, it was the beginning of the end.

'Can't believe she was too oblivious/naive to realize that she'd be under more scrutiny by being on sportscenter than she was on His & Hers.

Also hard to believe they really thought doing Sportscenter was a "promotion" from His & Hers.

In reality, they were trying to shut down His & Hers because it was starting to overtake First Take in the ratings.

You would think the executives at ESPN would've rallied behind His & Hers, but First Take brought in more advertising money because it was a 2-hour show.

As soon as Skip left, they should've given that spot to Jemele and Mike......but probably didn't because they didn't think they'd be able to bring in the same amount of advertising dollars as First Take.

But yeah, if Jemele hadn't been running her mouth on twitter so much..........none of this would've happened.

Doing that block of Sports Center is a promotion because it’s in the best time slot for views. Sport Center for the longest was ESPN’s flag ship.

That morning and six o’clock show’s are what is believed to have put the company on the map

lol

Once Jemele running her mouth on twitter, it was the beginning of the end.

you fux w/ 1st take? that show is lame is af imo. niggas debating, going back and forth, points and counter points. like shit is that serious. either a player/team is good or he/it aint. no need for no point for point debate. plus sas is a corn ball. who is jus playing that ole loud, over the top, "ohh Lawd!!!" black guy role. show is trash. but alotta ppl I kno irl fux w it.

Last edited:
Doing that block of Sports Center is a promotion because it’s in the best time slot for views. Sport Center for the longest was ESPN’s flag ship.

That morning and six o’clock show’s are what is believed to have put the company on the map

Yeah, that's what they tried to sell them.

And it would be true if they were just regular anchors who got that spot.......but they already had their own hit show.

Think about it like this:

If First Take got cancelled and Stephen A. Smith became a sportscenter anchor.......that definitely wouldn't be considered a promotion.

Same thing applies to Mike and Jemele.

Last edited:
you fux w/ 1st take? that show is lame is af imo. niggas debating, going back and forth, points and counter points. like shit is that serious. either a player/team is good or he/it aint. no need for no point for point debate. plus sas is corn ball. who is jus playing that ole loud, over the top, "ohh Lawd!!!" black guy role." show is trash. but alotta ppl I kno irl fux w it.

Not anymore.

It's been unwatchable ever since Max replaced Skip.

It was starting to fall off while Skip was still there, but it's horrible now.

Undisputed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not anymore.

It's been unwatchable ever since Max replaced Skip.

It was starting to fall off while Skip was still there, but it's horrible now.

Undisputed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've only really watched YouTube clips of undisputed but the way Sharpe hugs LeBron nuts is disgusting. Skip is skip.

Yeah, that's what they tried to sell them.

And it would be true if they were just regular anchors who got that spot.......but they already had their own hit show.

Think about it like this:

If First Take got cancelled and Stephen A. Smith became a sportscenter anchor.......that definitely wouldn't be considered a promotion.

Same thing applies to Mike and Jemele.

I feel what you are saying but I honestly don’t think their show and them as television personalities was and is as big as Steven A. Smith and 1st take is and was. Look at it this way. For as big as His&Hers was it still wasn’t big enough where they expanded their time slot like they did 1st Take.

I think the reason ESPN gave Mike and Ms. Hill the Sports Center show was for the fact they are younger and some what hip so maybe they would be able to tap that younger market as well as their age group market.

I've only really watched YouTube clips of undisputed but the way Sharpe hugs LeBron nuts is disgusting. Skip is skip.

For the most part, Shannon's just putting on a show when he's doing that.

I don't think he's that serious about it.

He's just acting like he is.

I feel what you are saying but I honestly don’t think their show and them as television personalities was and is as big as Steven A. Smith and 1st take is and was. Look at it this way. For as big as His&Hers was it still wasn’t big enough where they expanded their time slot like they did 1st Take.

I think the reason ESPN gave Mike and Ms. Hill the Sports Center show was for the fact they are younger and some what hip so maybe they would be able to tap that younger market as well as their age group market.

The bolded was definitely part of it.

They wanted them for that demographic, but they didn't wanna deal with all the SJW shit that it would entail.

Particularly on Jemele's part.

She turned off too many people to the point where it affected the ratings for that timeslot.

Hence the reason why ESPN shut them down the way that they did.

They probably didn't feel comfortable telling them to chill with the social commentary and just be hip and funny......so they tried to send them a message letting them know what they wanted without actually telling them directly.

Probably hoping they would tell the higher-ups on their own that they got the message and were gonna chill with all of the SJW commentary.

As we can see, they never did that.........and Jemele just caved in and left the show.

Back