Michael Kors Buys Versace For $2 Billion

Lmao Migos primarily brought Versace attention from people who will never be able to afford Versace in their lives, any other impact was minimal

Reactions: Chicity and MallyG
I don't get why they would change the name though. Just having the Versace name on a label is a money maker. People pay big to wear that label.

I don't think they're changing the Versace name they changing kors. Can't have Versace under the umbrella of a brand that sells to the middle.

Whats amazing is Migos made Versace how much by making it relevant again in the public eye, yet wont even see 1% of 1% of this money smh. Need to stop shouting out labels that arnt shouting you out.

What?

Naw. Not even a little bit

King sorta right, when Migos dropped Versace it seemed to get a little more traction again with youbg adults and had these kids doing dumb shit to wear it.

It should show people how ridiculous fashion is when something they feel is beneath them like Micheal Kors, can own something they feel uplifts them above others like Versace. It's like plastic bought the diamond industry. You'd think people would snap out of the illusion and programing of the financial industry. If I was a fashion owner, I'd be upset of the fact that Kors is breaking the forth wall.

Bought my girl a Michael Kors purse a couple of months ago....should've bought stock

It should show people how ridiculous fashion is when something they feel is beneath them like Micheal Kors, can own something they feel uplifts them above others like Versace. It's like plastic bought the diamond industry. You'd think people would snap out of the illusion and programing of the financial industry. If I was a fashion owner, I'd be upset of the fact that Kors is breaking the forth wall.
The forth wall huh

Versace clothing and accessories are as well made and as durable as Kors. It's value is based solely on what people believe it's value is. The same complaints people post online in reviews about Versace are the same complaints you can see with Kors.

Your not supposed to know Kors can purchase something seen as greater than itself. You are supposed to believe in "the standard" otherwise there is no value because their is no perceived upper value. This isn't tires on a car, where the difference can be seen based on actual product performance

The product perfromace here is how you feel wearing the clothes. If you feel that a lesser can own the greater. Than how much greater is the greater, and if you can't feel greater, what's the value?

Whats amazing is Migos made Versace how much by making it relevant again in the public eye, yet wont even see 1% of 1% of this money smh. Need to stop shouting out labels that arnt shouting you out.

If migos isn't throwing Versace any bread for taking advantage of their Rep why would Versace pay anything?

Versace clothing and accessories are as well made and as durable as Kors. It's value is based solely on what people believe it's value is. The same complaints people post online in reviews about Versace are the same complaints you can see with Kors.

Your not supposed to know Kors can purchase something seen as greater than itself. You are supposed to believe in "the standard" otherwise there is no value because their is no perceived upper value. This isn't tires on a car, where the difference can be seen based on actual product performance

The product perfromace here is how you feel wearing the clothes. If you feel that a lesser can own the greater. Than how much greater is the greater, and if you can't feel greater, what's the value?

This is untrue. Durability, insulation, fabric choices, stitch patterns, and even fit are all things which affect "performance"

You oversimplify clothes when you make it just about how we feel and see ourselves

This is untrue. Durability, insulation, fabric choices, stitch patterns, and even fit are all things which affect "performance"

You oversimplify clothes when you make it just about how we feel and see ourselves

Your making my statement generalized based on all clothing. I'm stating when both are equal, and one seen as lesser due to perception. The value of the greater is due to perception. What constitutes a Kors bag costing 250 and a Versace bag costing 10,000?

You stay fit, insulation, and stitching, I'm saying it's what you are advertised to be believe is the difference.

Must be stitching of the gawds to be a whole 9,000 more, they got the stitching that the government got..Jadakiss Voice

Oh, and the feeling from having the ability to have that assumed value is it's true performance.

Reactions: dasmooth1
And I don't say all this to shit on people that buy "high end" clothing. I'm saying all this to say the way it plays into society as far as the have and have nots and who's better than who. Is toxic and is a illusion that, that part of it isn't healthy to act out.

I can have a car and be proud of having a nicr car. But when I pull up to a bus stop, having that car doesn't make me a greater man than the bus rider. It's the forcefulness of that belief that..

maxresdefault.jpg ion care about this anymore

lol....
you my nigga.

but uh...let me run this by you real fast.
companys do something sometimes called a reverse merger. but they dont always announce it publically.

what a reverse merger is is when a company gives another company the money to buy them and then the new acquisition goes under the buyers brand but the purchase was made with the sellers money. so it can look like it was purchase but its actually just buying itsself.

its designed to help a company get cash or get out of crazy contracts.

you want this fade?

Your making my statement generalized based on all clothing. I'm stating when both are equal, and one seen as lesser due to perception. The value of the greater is due to perception. What constitutes a Kors bag costing 250 and a Versace bag costing 10,000?

You stay fit, insulation, and stitching, I'm saying it's what you are advertised to be believe is the difference.

Must be stitching of the gawds to be a whole 9,000 more, they got the stitching that the government got..Jadakiss Voice

Oh, and the feeling from having the ability to have that assumed value is it's true performance.

I didn't mean to imply it's all performance based. Obviously 5 dollars worth of thread and 20 minutes of a seamstresses time is not worth 9 grand, but we can't pretend like the coat I get from Walmart is going to keep me as toasty as the one from North Face