Welcome To aBlackWeb

Men's Looks Matter More Than Women Admit, Study Shows

i said,,,"i think"

i could be wrong but it ain't gonna stop me from thinking and having an opinion...

it is what it is...this ain't my hill

discuss away

I didn't take the "I think" to go with the last part of your comment

There are some women that wouldnt have found those men ugly and in fact found them attractive.

Women have more of a open spectrum when it comes to looks, thats why think this report is accurate. It's just accurate for the wrong reasons.

Women take "swag" into account more when looking at the total package of looks.

Men dont really take a females style into account as much. She can have no style and be pretty and a guy wont care. Or she can have all the style and not be attractive and that will prevent a guy from finding her attractive.

This is the thing, being ugly doesn’t mean women wouldn’t date them. I seen something beyond their looks and they were ugly, wasn’t NO doubt about it.

I absolutely look at how men dress and smell more than anything.

This is the thing, being ugly doesn’t mean women wouldn’t date them. I seen something beyond their looks and they were ugly, wasn’t NO doubt about it.

I absolutely look at how men dress and smell more than anything.

Did you believe he had potential to be a provider for you? Hold you down financially?

Did you believe he had potential to be a provider for you? Hold you down financially?

Um no, I have my own money. My biggest concern was can he do for himself. What are his dreams and goals?

The people who know me know how I get down, how I dress, how much I work lol. I need someone who can at least match that.

Um no, I have my own money. My biggest concern was can he do for himself. What are his dreams and goals?

The people who know me know how I get down, how I dress, how much I work lol. I need someone who can at least match that.

Power couple. Interesting. So if he made more than you it wouldn't be a problem?

No funny shit
How do u dress and what was it about his style of dress that attracted u since it played a role?

Match what exactly? Does his salary have to match your's or come within a certain range of being close to yours? Can he match your work ethic but make less than you? In terms dress can he have his own style or does it have to blend with yours so yall don't look mismatched when out on the town? If you're into labels does he have to be as well?

No funny shit
How do u dress and what was it about his style of dress that attracted u since it played a role?

*insert straight face*

My question is, why do people feel because someone isn’t physically attractive, they have to be magical to deserve love and someone good looking.

If you don’t know how I dress, I don’t know what else to tell you LOL.

Power couple. Interesting. So if he made more than you it wouldn't be a problem?

The real question is, if I made more than him would it be a problem.

My end goal in life isn’t to see who makes more money. My life is centered around Black women, Black families, birth, breastfeeding, etc. so I get more pleasure out of doing for my community if anything. I’d be even more interested if he enjoyed the work I do and my purpose. Add him smelling good and dressing nice to that. His looks would rarely be thought of.

Match what exactly? Does his salary have to match your's or come within a certain range of being close to yours? Can he match your work ethic but make less than you? In terms dress can he have his own style or does it have to blend with yours so yall don't look mismatched when out on the town? If you're into labels does he have to be as well?

His drive should match mine, that’s it.

Just dress nice. I personally collect sneakers because that’s what I like. He doesn’t have to do the same and that’s ok. I have a good collection of heels too though lol. I like to smell good, I enjoy a man that smells good.

I’m really not extra. Wear whatever brand makes you comfortable, just look clean and nice in it.

I just read the thread and saw people were serious.

I think we underrate how low physical attraction is on the list of things that are important to women. Not saying women dont want a man thats attractive to them, but saying that when you make a woman laugh, that goes up on the list above attractiveness. And then you say something intresting, do something she finds cute, and that goes above attractiveness too.

But when you have a study like this, where its just words describing a personality and a picture, and no conversation and no way to connect, it makes sense that physical attraction rates higher

His drive should match mine, that’s it.

Just dress nice. I personally collect sneakers because that’s what I like. He doesn’t have to do the same and that’s ok. I have a good collection of heels too though lol. I like to smell good, I enjoy a man that smells good.

I’m really not extra. Wear whatever brand makes you comfortable, just look clean and nice in it.

Thanks for the answer.

The bold isn't specifically for you but so many people say it and it confuses the fuck outta me.

Thanks for the answer.

The bold isn't specifically for you but so many people say it and it confuses the fuck outta me.

I get it, as I’ve stated above in another comment to someone else..the type of work I do in addition to my full time job means a lot to me. I’m constantly trying to find ways to be better and do better. So I’m always doing something or learning something lol.

• Goat
Reactions: B_A
I get it, as I’ve stated above in another comment to someone else..the type of work I do in addition to my full time job means a lot to me. I’m constantly trying to find ways to be better and do better. So I’m always doing something or learning something lol.

So with you "match my drive" is really about self improvement as a person

Back