Welcome To aBlackWeb

Men, can you comfortably be in a relationship if…

Plus, sometimes 1 has to fall back for the other

A lotta women... Especially black women have been getting their master's and higher education to further in their field. One of the biggest obstacles can be if they have children.

That ceases to be an obstacle when you're in a household with someone actively taking care of shit at home. My wife was easily able to get all her degrees, credentials, and certifications to ascend to her director position, cuz she never once had to worry about if they kids were okay at home m who was picking them up. Did they eat, wash, and get to bed in time. Was home work done. Was the house gonna look like shit when she got home.

I made sure to take care of all of that, so ya damn Skippy I'm happy with the income from that dedication

I absolutely couldn't, and I hate it. I'd feel useless to her. Worse, I'd feel like a burden.

Insecurity aside, I'd make a phenomenal house husband, lol.

Women RARELY date down financially.

Being the provider I think it some type of core behavior from both sexes that makes us comfortable.

Idk if y’all be around folks with real money, but it’s something to men being the provider and the woman being the nurturer in the house and when it’s flipped the
strain that starts to seep out becomes evident on why.

And after understanding what a bread winner really is do any of us fall under that.

I feel 99% of make around the same as our S/O so we are doing the same things

Women RARELY date down financially.

Being the provider I think it some type of core behavior from both sexes that makes us comfortable.

Idk if y’all be around folks with real money, but it’s something to men being the provider and the woman being the nurturer in the house and when it’s flipped the
strain that starts to seep out becomes evident on why.
I dont think it's that rare anymore. Im not talking about the rich either. Common folks. How you think dudes with no jobs be having women?

Time has shown it’s rare that when a women has to pull all the financials it works out.

But it can but it’s rare
I also think age plays a factor. Some older ladies seem to dont mind too date someone significantly less than them. They just looking for happiness since they pretty much done it all. Like the 50yr old crowd.

I absolutely couldn't, and I hate it. I'd feel useless to her. Worse, I'd feel like a burden.

Insecurity aside, I'd make a phenomenal house husband, lol.
Feeling useless if you’re not the breadwinner begs the question ‘Is money the only thing I’m good for or the only thing I bring to the table?’.

If the answer is no, you shouldn’t feel useless if you’re not the breadwinner.

I know feelings don’t work like that. Just saying.

I never made my girl feel a way about me making more money. I never use the word I or mine, and never intentionally made her feel any way about me making more.

If my girl gave me that same grace, then I can for sure live with her making more.

I also think age plays a factor. Some older ladies seem to dont mind too date someone significantly less than them. They just looking for happiness since they pretty much done it all. Like the 50yr old crowd.
Yea, age is definitely a factor IMO

I feel your situation is drastically different then. You had a house with no mortgage and car payments so the burden of providing even when y’all first got together is different
Essentially in the fact that she's never in her life had to pay for or put money into any place that she has lived.

I don't dangle it in her face. But it has come up in conversation. That much has always been provided and maintained. So even if she's making 3 times what I'm making.... None of her money goes into where she lives. I've always had that covered

What's so bad about being in a relationship? I can see not wanting marriage, but you don't ever want to share your life with someone?

I think variety and ease of access makes relationships pointless in this day and age. Do people actually couple up and spend the rest of their lives with together anymore?

What I want and what is realistic are two totally different things, unfortunately.

I think variety and ease of access makes relationships pointless in this day and age. Do people actually couple up and spend the rest of their lives with together anymore?

What I want and what is realistic are two totally different things, unfortunately.
I think variety and access has made the dating process more difficult, but that doesn't mean that relationships are pointless. There are still plenty of people that do take commitment seriously. If you met someone who aligns with you, would you be willing to take that leap?

Back