Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Megan Thee Stallion - Traumazine

It's funny hearing about how female rappers like Meg don't have much substance when star rappers never had much substance.

Lol, let's not act like Jay Z didn't rap about selling drugs his entire career in between bragging about how many hoes he was fucking or how much money he was getting.

Female rappers rap about their pussy and fucking and getting money as much as male rappers rap about their dick, hoes and drugs.

Rap is all about the id.

Ain't much introspection going on.

It's funny hearing about how female rappers like Meg don't have much substance when star rappers never had much substance.

Lol, let's not act like Jay Z didn't rap about selling drugs his entire career in between bragging about how many hoes he was fucking or how much money he was getting.

Female rappers rap about their pussy and fucking and getting money as much as male rappers rap about their dick, hoes and drugs.

Rap is all about the id.

Its not the fact that rappers are repetitive. The art of it is in how you do it.

Hov brought different flows, told stories, worked with artists/producers who brought out different things out of him AND the skill level that he did it was at a high level.

Im not knocking Meg for sticking to what she knows. Its just that all her actual projects lack distinction from the last. Shes talented enough to go deeper with her lyrics, should she want to do that. Shes had a lot happen to her & I think people are interested in hearing more about her story should she tell it. Its why songs like Anxiety on this project is dope to me cuz atleast it gives insight to what shes feeling/thinking.

Its not the fact that rappers are repetitive. The art of it is in how you do it.

Hov brought different flows, told stories, worked with artists/producers who brought out different things out of him AND the skill level that he did it was at a high level.

Im not knocking Meg for sticking to what she knows. Its just that all her actual projects lack distinction from the last. Shes talented enough to go deeper with her lyrics, should she want to do that. Shes had a lot happen to her & I think people are interested in hearing more about her story should she tell it. Its why songs like Anxiety on this project is dope to me cuz atleast it gives insight to what shes feeling/thinking.

It's only her second album.

Hov only started getting introspective on like his fifth album.

Snoop Dogg had two classics back to back and all he rapped about was bitches and hoes.

Male listeners to female rap always talking about lack of substance a from top female rappers as if top male rappers aren't just as shallow and repetitive.

Lol, majority of female rap ain't for straight men. Like 99 percent of it. It's for queer men and women.

Just like 99 percent of male rap is scare the hoes music.

Very few rappers, like a Drake, can crossover and appeal to a broad demographic.

Meg topic matter wise could expand more...but that criticism isn't held against her male counterparts in the same way. Yeah people may mention other rappers who are repetitive but few will outright prejudge before hearing a bar and/or refuse to listen simply based on that. That's where the distinction is.

Snoop Dogg had two classics back to back and all he rapped about was bitches and hoes.

Male listeners to female rap always talking about lack of substance a from top female rappers as if top male rappers aren't just as shallow and repetitive.

Lol, majority of female rap ain't for straight men. Like 99 percent of it. It's for queer men and women.

Very few rappers, like a Drake, can crossover and appeal to a broad demographic.

thats not true. Reasonable Doubt had Can I Live & Regrets. Vol 1 had You Must Love Me & Lucky Me.

And again, Hov was rapping on a HIGH level; its not just about rapping about women and money. Dude was throwing in double entendres, clever wordplay and vivid imagery.

all Pusha t raps about is cocaine. Its no secret. Its what he’s done since 2001. But dude constantly ups the ante of cocaine rap and pushes the creativity of it to the next level.

meg keeps hittin us with the same flow, same content. Shes not really upping the level In which shes taking it. Shes keeping it status quo. I know im not her target demography and thats cool. I like hearing women rap about whatever they want to rap about. I think Meg has the talent to take her craft to the next level if thats what she wanted to do.

lol this isn’t remotely true

Another thing to consider is that Meg is actively trying to get out of her record deal. Maybe the release of her best music is yet to come because she doesn’t want to give the label that shit.

Rap is all about the id.

This is a lazy assessment to what Jay and other artists do.

Dead Presidents was a song about the dangers of selling drugs and living life in that manner when many artists stressed the glamour of it. Whether it was based on money, women or feeling masculine.

megan is one dimensional with it.

This is a lazy assessment to what Jay and other artists do.

Dead Presidents was a song about the dangers of selling drugs and living life in that manner when many artists stressed the glamour of it. Whether it was based on money, women or feeling masculine.

megan is one dimensional with it.

Every single drug dealing rapper has one token song where they are like drugs are bad.

Just like every single guns, hoes and money rapper got one token RnB song on the album.

It's still 99 percent the same shit over and over.

Jay Z's entire identity is wrapped up in being a drug dealer and selling drugs even until this day lol.

Majority of his raps about selling drugs and being rich. You can literally predict what a Jay Z verse is gonna be about. References to cocaine, a reference to a luxury item, reference to how great he is, rinse and repeat.

So it doesn't seem as formulaic and repetitive but guess what? It is. You heard one Jay Z verse, you heard all of them.

It's just that it's shit that you like.

Whereas, I hope to God, no straight man is gonna listen to a fucking female rapper rap about her pussy, getting dicked down, shaking her ass and getting money and like it.

It's not for you. It's for gays and women to have twerk sessions and shit.

Every straight man wanna shit on it as if you are the target audience. Like you gonna go to Meg the Stallion or Cardi B show with your homeboys and you disappointed.

Lol.

Snoop had what? If you're talking about Doggystyle & Tha Doggfather albums you can't be serious. Doggystyle is a straight up classic indeed but Tha Doggfather was trash for it's time.

I agree that a large majority female rap is not for straight men TOTALLY AGREE. Although, it okay to be open-minded to some of the new artists every once in a while. Tbh A LOT of this rap shit they put through the mainstream ain't for me and I rarely listen to it. If it ain't an established artist from the 90's - 2000's eras I ain't checking for they music.

Another thing to consider is that Meg is actively trying to get out of her record deal. Maybe the release of her best music is yet to come because she doesn’t want to give the label that shit.

This is a possibility and it would make a lot of sense if true. Cardi B hasn't released another album since her solo debut because she's in a shitty deal with her label. The thing w/Cardi B though she's been eating outside of rap though w/TV shows & commercials.

This is a possibility and it would make a lot of sense if true. Cardi B hasn't released another album since her solo debut because she's in a shitty deal with her label. The thing w/Cardi B though she's been eating outside of rap though w/TV shows & commercials.
Cardi also has the international market

Snoop had what? If you're talking about Doggystyle & Tha Doggfather albums you can't be serious. Doggystyle is a straight up classic indeed but Tha Doggfather was trash for it's time.

I agree that a large majority female rap is not for straight men TOTALLY AGREE. Although, it okay to be open-minded to some of the new artists every once in a while. Tbh A LOT of this rap shit they put through the mainstream ain't for me and I rarely listen to it. If it ain't an established artist from the 90's - 2000's eras I ain't checking for they music.

This is 1. How you miss out on good music still being made and 2. Part of why the the youth feels it's ok to not know shit about the artists that came before them...because many will dismiss them simply because of the time frame they're making music in.

I mean I get it...but it's just way too much hip hop being made to put a time stamp on when you'll take an artist seriously.

This is 1. How you miss out on good music still being made and 2. Part of why the the youth feels it's ok to not know shit about the artists that came before them...because many will dismiss them simply because of the time frame they're making music in.

I mean I get it...but it's just way too much hip hop being made to put a time stamp on when you'll take an artist seriously.

Because... 1. I'm 40 and 2. Everybody trying to sound the same or do the same music and a lot of hip-hop has regressed (on a mainstream level) from most artists wanting to be drug addicts or how well they pussy works.

It's a slight few artists that I'll check for from the 2010s like Kendrick & J. Cole but it ain't many.

Back